UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tsargush (Russia) vs. David Taylor (USA) wrestling

7/12/13 4:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
judom
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just wrestled today at the university worlds. Tsargush techs David Taylor. I don't think I've ever seen David Taylor shut out. He even scored on Burroughs. Goes to show the difference between NCAA and world-class wrestling. Check out Tsargush's escape at 3:10. SICK.
7/12/13 4:57 PM
judom
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the meantime, check out the videos of Abdusalam Gadisov at 96kg.

If this guy doesn't win Worlds this year, it'd be a miracle. Super offensive, fast, attacking and powerful BAD BAD dude !
7/12/13 8:06 PM
Ajm1218
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/12/13 8:06 PM
Thanks for posting this, I've seen some great matches today from U.W.
What are your thoughts on Reza Yazdani from Iran? Gadisov may have the misfortune of having another freak in his weight at the same time. Or will he move up in weight?
7/12/13 8:07 PM
ano8tsixxx
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks man! VU!
7/12/13 8:18 PM
BadrMilk

Nice ref, the American did not want to shake hands, unsportsmanlike.
7/12/13 8:23 PM
LI PWR
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tsargush is a beast!!! Just goes to show how incredible Jordan Burroughs is! I think Tsargush lost in Russian nationals this year. Russia is stacked!!
7/12/13 8:53 PM
Pleckson
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOW!!! Thanks for sharing. Russians are beasts!
7/12/13 9:01 PM
weebrave
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judom -
just wrestled today at the university worlds. Tsargush techs David Taylor. I don't think I've ever seen David Taylor shut out. He even scored on Burroughs. Goes to show the difference between NCAA and world-class wrestling. Check out Tsargush's escape at 3:10. SICK.
Contradictory since he scored on the world and Olympic champion as you say Phone Post
7/12/13 10:18 PM
Tubarao

he scored on Dake too in the finals last season. Lost big time in the end though Phone Post
7/13/13 1:03 AM
wiggum
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for posting, Judom. Didn't expect that big of a blow out. But these techs happen fast, now.

I think weebrave is right, though. I'm not sure how much this shows about the difference between NCAAs and the Olympics seeing that Taylor has scored on Burroughs. It does show something about Taylor's consistency and the power of matchups.
7/13/13 4:37 AM
judom

I think Gadisov should beat Yazdani if they meet again. Gadisov has gotten better and last time he mostly lost due to conditioning problems (which plagued the entire Russian team, they changed coaches at terrible time, etc).

Gadisov has incredible and varied offense for someone at 96kg and he is getting better. He attacks from all angles, chain wrestles and is fast as hell.

By NCAA vs. World, I mean I watched Taylor a lot this year at NCAA's and he was scoring points like a mofo, pins, etc...and here he wasn't even close to getting a single point. Tsargush schooled him, but no shame in that. Tsargush also mangled Ben Askren. Askren couldn't score a point on him as well.

That said, I think Taylor has a better upside than Dake on the international scene.

btw, goes to show when UFC commentators use the term "world class wrestling". There are very few wrestlers in MMA that have world class wrestling. In fact, not a single one in the UFC.
7/13/13 4:51 AM
ICEE
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That match was WAY closer than the score. In fact Taylor beat the #2 guy from Russia this yr already
7/13/13 6:45 AM
Sudo21
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Match wasn't close, Tasrgush shut down Taylors offense and did what he needed to do to win. Taylor needs to setup his ankle picks better if he want's to beat Tsargush or wrestlers like him.

Burroughs has fast explosive double legs which Tsargush can't defend, but Taylor and guys like him won't beat him with telegraphed ankle picks.
7/13/13 6:46 AM
Maloverde
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BadrMilk - Nice ref, the American did not want to shake hands, unsportsmanlike.

Dude, don't say that....when the ref first got them together Taylor reached across to shake his hand.  It was just a timing issue.  I'm guessing that you're not American or at least not an American wrestling fan if you call him 'the American' instead of his name.  Someone may post a video proving me wrong, but I've watched Taylor through his collegiate career and I don't think I've ever seen him act unsportsmanlike.   

7/13/13 6:49 AM
Maloverde
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judom - I think Gadisov should beat Yazdani if they meet again. Gadisov has gotten better and last time he mostly lost due to conditioning problems (which plagued the entire Russian team, they changed coaches at terrible time, etc).

Gadisov has incredible and varied offense for someone at 96kg and he is getting better. He attacks from all angles, chain wrestles and is fast as hell.

By NCAA vs. World, I mean I watched Taylor a lot this year at NCAA's and he was scoring points like a mofo, pins, etc...and here he wasn't even close to getting a single point. Tsargush schooled him, but no shame in that. Tsargush also mangled Ben Askren. Askren couldn't score a point on him as well.

That said, I think Taylor has a better upside than Dake on the international scene.

btw, goes to show when UFC commentators use the term "world class wrestling". There are very few wrestlers in MMA that have world class wrestling. In fact, not a single one in the UFC.

"In fact, not a single one in the UFC."

Dan Henderson may disagree with you.

7/13/13 7:12 AM
Ajm1218
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The OP may have accidentally overlooked a few fighters in the UFC (Yoel Romero) but he's got a valid point about commentators labeling someone "world class". And I recall Mo Lawal saying that even if you were competitive and an upper echelon wrestler at the senior level, you won't be able to maintain that level in mma. The cross training erodes your skill as a wrestler, boxer, ect. on the way to becoming a better fighter.
7/13/13 7:33 AM
jiujitsumma
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am admittedly uneducated in Olympic wrestling but if that was a tech fall it certainly was not the domination of a tech fall in folkstyle. I was expecting Taylor to get scored on mercilessly and that is not what I saw. I actually felt the match could go either way in fact, in the third when the points happened Taylor almost looked to be setting up a spladdle variation and was reversed into a scoring combination.

I think Taylor will mature into a world class Olympic wrestler.
7/13/13 7:34 AM
ChipW
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FrateCart - Yoel Romero seems to be currently by FAR (correct me if im wrong) the best wrestler in UFC. Which ofc neither Rogan nor Goldie mentioned when he fought.

Olympic Silver
5 World championship medals 2 bronze 2 silver 1 gold.
Most decorated wrestler for sure. I'm still not convinced that the international guys are going to fair better than the US college guys in MMA. The ground control aspect of us folkstyle seems to play a big part in a fighters success.
I may get proven wrong, which is fine. One things for sure, I will enjoy watching Phone Post
7/13/13 7:36 AM
ChipW
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jiujitsumma - I am admittedly uneducated in Olympic wrestling but if that was a tech fall it certainly was not the domination of a tech fall in folkstyle. I was expecting Taylor to get scored on mercilessly and that is not what I saw. I actually felt the match could go either way in fact, in the third when the points happened Taylor almost looked to be setting up a spladdle variation and was reversed into a scoring combination.

Yeah I agree. I love the new rules but the 7 point tech fall is just happens to fast. it Needs to be at least 10 if not 12 or 15 in my opinion. Phone Post
7/13/13 7:52 AM
Ajm1218

ChipW - 
jiujitsumma - I am admittedly uneducated in Olympic wrestling but if that was a tech fall it certainly was not the domination of a tech fall in folkstyle. I was expecting Taylor to get scored on mercilessly and that is not what I saw. I actually felt the match could go either way in fact, in the third when the points happened Taylor almost looked to be setting up a spladdle variation and was reversed into a scoring combination.

Yeah I agree. I love the new rules but the 7 point tech fall is just happens to fast. it Needs to be at least 10 if not 12 or 15 in my opinion. Phone Post

FILA is trying to promote wrestling to the masses instead of the hardcore, diehard mat addicts. They should probably try to change the scoring on back exposure. One guy gets a gut wrench or leg lace on another and what was a close match turns into a tech in the blink of an eye. And the casual fan has no idea what went on or how difficult those positions are to achieve or get out of if you're caught in it. You don't think "wow, he's almost pinned" in a lot of situations where back exposure points are awarded. I constantly have to explain to friends when watching wrestling how these points were awarded.
7/13/13 8:38 AM
judom

Romero is not a world-class wrestler anymore. He was about 10 years ago. Dan Henderson about 15 years ago :)

ICEE,

Taylor beat Kurbanaliev at beat the streets, who is a 66kg dude, Taylor is 74kg, so no, he didn't beat Russia's no.2 at that weight.

One thing to remember is that exhibitions such as beat the streets, etc are complete irrelevant to world championships or olympics. Many of the wrestlers are out of shape, trying new tactics, or were just summoned (like Kurbanaliev) to go to U.S. due to federation agreement.

IMO, Taylor has a long way to go before he has a chance vs. Tsargush. Even Burroughs who is outstanding, his matches with Tsargush have been razor thin and could go either way. I don't think Taylor or Dake would have a chance vs. Goudarzi either, and there are many more at that weight class who are beasts.
7/14/13 9:39 PM
ICEE
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry wasn't sure who he was from Russia but they made a big deal about him being a bad dude.

Taylor is not that far off with these guys. He is going to have a hard time ever making the team because of the horses we have in the US.
7/14/13 9:56 PM
Bench
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for the vids. will check them later.
7/15/13 12:02 AM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maloverde -
judom - I think Gadisov should beat Yazdani if they meet again. Gadisov has gotten better and last time he mostly lost due to conditioning problems (which plagued the entire Russian team, they changed coaches at terrible time, etc).

"In fact, not a single one in the UFC."

Dan Henderson may disagree with you.

Cormier will also disagree Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.