UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: Cyborg a 'cheater' and 'disgrace'

7/13/13 12:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bucephalus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/13/13 12:52 PM
SamboMMA - 
Bucephalus - It shouldn't matter that Cyborg retracted her initial claim that she could make 135 and then ran away from the organization where Rhonda holds the belt. Rhonda should ignore her world championship and fight in a different division because Cyborg wants her to. That's how it should be.

Let's be honest here. Dana will not make this fight. Cyborg could have went on a 10-20 fight win streak and she still would not have gotten a shot at Rousey. Dana said it himself. This is the Rhonda Rousey show.

Let's be honest here. Dana offered Cyborg a contract. Cyborg could have went on a 10-20 fight win streak and she would have been able to fight Rhonda. Dana said it himself. But she rejected the opportunity because she didn't like the money that was offered (and then lied about the reason). That's why this is now the Rhonda Rousey show.

Blame it on Cyborg or blame it on Tito. They seem to think that her success in another promotion will force the UFC to make another offer worth more money and/or make a potential fight with Rhonda even bigger. Her choice, not Rhonda's.
7/13/13 1:45 PM
SamboMMA

Bucephalus - 
SamboMMA - 
Bucephalus - It shouldn't matter that Cyborg retracted her initial claim that she could make 135 and then ran away from the organization where Rhonda holds the belt. Rhonda should ignore her world championship and fight in a different division because Cyborg wants her to. That's how it should be.

Let's be honest here. Dana will not make this fight. Cyborg could have went on a 10-20 fight win streak and she still would not have gotten a shot at Rousey. Dana said it himself. This is the Rhonda Rousey show.

Let's be honest here. Dana offered Cyborg a contract. Cyborg could have went on a 10-20 fight win streak and she would have been able to fight Rhonda. Dana said it himself. But she rejected the opportunity because she didn't like the money that was offered (and then lied about the reason). That's why this is now the Rhonda Rousey show.

Blame it on Cyborg or blame it on Tito. They seem to think that her success in another promotion will force the UFC to make another offer worth more money and/or make a potential fight with Rhonda even bigger. Her choice, not Rhonda's.

Let's be honest here again. Dana is a notorious liar and will say anything to save face. The first Women's fight in the UFC an all they could get was Carmouche? With the only noteworthy thing about her is that she's a lesbian? All these other worthy Contenders turned down the shot? Come on Man.
7/13/13 1:50 PM
Bucephalus

Edited: 07/13/13 1:51 PM
SamboMMA -  Let's be honest here again. Dana is a notorious liar and will say anything to save face. The first Women's fight in the UFC an all they could get was Carmouche? With the only noteworthy thing about her is that she's a lesbian? All these other worthy Contenders turned down the shot? Come on Man.

Dana didn't lie about the fact that Cyborg rejected the offer to fight Rousey for the title. It's common knowledge. You still seem to be operating on the assumption that Rousey's Bantamweight Championship Belt is less important than a catchweight fight with someone who was recently suspended for steroid abuse. It doesn't work that way... especially when women's MMA is just developing. You need champions. You need belts. You need champions defending belts. Cyborg reject the offer to participate in that process.
7/13/13 1:54 PM
abi
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pheonix5 -

If Rhonda won't fight her, I think she should cut the smack talk.

. Phone Post 3.0
7/14/13 7:40 PM
Enemies

Man, this girl needs a filter for her mouth. Somebody should just follow her around and remind her to try not saying stupid shit all the time.
7/14/13 7:54 PM
Dogman

Hamo808 - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
Bucephalus - 
pheonix5 - 

Apparently you missed the part about Rhonda being the UFC world champion and being willing to fight all challengers.

And Cyborg being the 145 champ who Ronda started shit this whole bullshit with?

Ronda needs to shut the fuck up already about this. She ran to 135 and won't go back up to meet cyborg. Just say it and call it a day. Two different weight classes and she'll be champ of 135. Do your thing there and shut up about something you'll never do. 

Exactly! Phone Post 3.0

7/14/13 8:06 PM
Dogman

mark of the wolf - 
SquishyCheeks - 
SamboMMA - 

Let's be honest, if Cyborg didn't cheat we wouldn't even know who she was. If Cyborg wanted the fight, she would have dropped some of her man-muscle. She wanted her contract to be ended, the UFC could have made money off of her.

The real reason, is she knows that Ronda will dump her on her head and break her arm. Her technique is sloppy as hell. Her take-downs are all power and no form...

Blue name please? Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUG5fOOE8Vc

Got her in a full leg lock, deep, and couldn't figure it out.

Got under her chin, read naked, she had it, and she just didn't realize.

Gina reversed Cyborg's sloppy take-down, mounted her, and pounded on her. Cyborg only got up because Gina let her up.

She got Gina in an Americana, cranked it all the way back, and couldn't finish with it because her technique was so bad that her gorilla strength wasn't making up for it.

etc. etc.

Watch the fight again. Her artificial-strength and mass is what won her that fight. Those sloppy take downs would not work out well against Ronda. She would try to gorilla smash her with the powerful kickboxing, but is she going to finish Rousey before Rousey can get her hands on her and clinch? No way. IMO.

Cyborg is going to bounce around, milking other organizations while she still has a marketable name. Like her twin Overeem did in Strike Force. She probably wouldn't beat RR, roids or no roids, and she knows it. She had to get a note from her doctor to get out of the fight.

your point shows me one or two things. One,you do not actually train.
Two. You are white knighting Ronda to the max.
First off your whole " Gina mounted Cris" is invalid based on the damn fight was 4 YEARS AGO! People naturally. Get better. Its not as if Cris cyborg just was like " well I beat Gina so I am just gonna sit on my ass and not train anymore" since then Cris earned her brown belt competed in ADCC and had a few more fights. It's. By you logic it's like saying " I grappled with this blue belt 4 years ago and now I'm a brown belt I am gonna make the same mistakes I did as a blue years ago"

This whole "Gina mounted Cris" argument holds no weight Ronda fans stick to the PED grace as to why you do not want to see Cris pound Ronda's head in

LOL, motw SquishyCheeks a troll account.
7/14/13 8:33 PM
JerodR
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mark of the wolf -
SquishyCheeks - 
SamboMMA - 

Let's be honest, if Cyborg didn't cheat we wouldn't even know who she was. If Cyborg wanted the fight, she would have dropped some of her man-muscle. She wanted her contract to be ended, the UFC could have made money off of her.

The real reason, is she knows that Ronda will dump her on her head and break her arm. Her technique is sloppy as hell. Her take-downs are all power and no form...

Gina reversed Cyborg's sloppy take-down, mounted her, and pounded on her. Cyborg only got up because Gina let her up.

She got Gina in an Americana, cranked it all the way back, and couldn't finish with it because her technique was so bad that her gorilla strength wasn't making up for it.

etc. etc.

Watch the fight again. Her artificial-strength and mass is what won her that fight. Those sloppy take downs would not work out well against Ronda. She would try to gorilla smash her with the powerful kickboxing, but is she going to finish Rousey before Rousey can get her hands on her and clinch? No way. IMO.

Cyborg is going to bounce around, milking other organizations while she still has a marketable name. Like her twin Overeem did in Strike Force. She probably wouldn't beat RR, roids or no roids, and she knows it. She had to get a note from her doctor to get out of the fight.

First off your whole " Gina mounted Cris" is invalid based on the damn fight was 4 YEARS AGO! People naturally. Get better. Its not as if Cris cyborg just was like " well I beat Gina so I am just gonna sit on my ass and not train anymore" since then Cris earned her brown belt competed in ADCC and had a few more fights. It's. By you logic it's like saying " I grappled with this blue belt 4 years ago and now I'm a brown belt I am gonna make the same mistakes I did as a blue years ago"

This whole "Gina mounted Cris" argument holds no weight Ronda fans stick to the PED grace as to why you do not want to see Cris pound Ronda's head in
People get better. Correct and what has Cyborg shown to say that what he posted is not true to this day? Do you think that in 4 years Cyborg can make up for poor technique and sloppy defense against Rousey who has been doing this stuff since she was a child? Cyborg wins based off of her strength and regardless of the time she does not have the technique that Ronda has. Just as Ronda cannot make up for the stand up Cyborg has in such a short time. Phone Post 3.0
7/14/13 8:34 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SquishyCheeks - 
SamboMMA - 

etc. etc.

Cyborg suplexed Marloes Coenen perfectly several times yesterday. This should put any doubts on her takedown skills to rest now. She was only 24 when she fought Gina and has evolved massively.

Now, speaking of sloppy grappling, how about BJJ Blue Belt Liz Carmouche sinking in a huge neck crank and nearly putting Ronda to sleep in the initial minutes of their fight? How about muay thai Charmaine Tweet having Ronda on her back on the floor after a takedown (if I remember correctly, she was reversed)?
And, if not for a strength advange over Miesha, she seemed to be outgrappled after the first armbar attempt.

Is her grappling THAT great? I know Ronda is excellent at judo throws and positioning for an armbar. She gives her back quite often, though. If Cyborg had her back, the same way Miesha or Carmouche had, Ronda would have been put to sleep in no time.
7/14/13 8:38 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR - 
mark of the wolf -
SquishyCheeks - 
SamboMMA - 

etc. etc.

People get better. Correct and what has Cyborg shown to say that what he posted is not true to this day? Do you think that in 4 years Cyborg can make up for poor technique and sloppy defense against Rousey who has been doing this stuff since she was a child? Cyborg wins based off of her strength and regardless of the time she does not have the technique that Ronda has. Just as Ronda cannot make up for the stand up Cyborg has in such a short time. Phone Post 3.0

Yes. Cyborg has been a world champion in BJJ two times since her fight with Gina.

As to Ronda's striking, NO MATTER how much she trains, she will never have Cyborg's heavy hands and power. Never ever.

Ronda could train every day for years, and, if she and Cyborg were to stand and strike, she would be k.o.ed fast and brutally.
7/14/13 8:43 PM
billyfnjack

TTT
7/14/13 8:59 PM
JerodR
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustAnotherMMAFan -
JerodR - 
mark of the wolf -
SquishyCheeks - 
SamboMMA - 

etc. etc.

Yes. Cyborg has been a world champion in BJJ two times since her fight with Gina.

As to Ronda's striking, NO MATTER how much she trains, she will never have Cyborg's heavy hands and power. Never ever.

Ronda could train every day for years, and, if she and Cyborg were to stand and strike, she would be k.o.ed fast and brutally.
Purple Belt. Lets not leave that out. She also placed Bronze for Submission Championships the same year she fought Gina. Is she improving? Sure, but she is still not on the level of an Olympian in that area anyway. Obviously she would beat Rousey in the stand up.

Honestly I think that Cyborg would get taken down quickly, and if she was not submitted the first chance she got she would get back to her feet and avoid the takedown at all costs.

Ronda does not want any part of Cyborgs stand up and I'm sure Cyborg doesn't want any part of Ronda's ground game. Phone Post 3.0
7/14/13 11:02 PM
Bucephalus

Edited: 07/14/13 11:02 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan - As to Ronda's striking, NO MATTER how much she trains, she will never have Cyborg's heavy hands and power. Never ever.

Except for the part about Cyborg not really KO'ing anyone. Ref stoppage TKO's.. sure. Against fighters who either chose to stand and bang or who lacked takedown skills. No one is saying that Rhonda wouldn't get hit. But would she get knocked unconscious? If she did, it would be the first person Cyborg ever put to sleep.

So the question here is... can Rhonda get into a clinch with Cyborg without getting knocked unconscious? Given the fact that many other women have been able to do that, it's hard to imagine that Rhonda couldn't. And once they were in a clinch, it's hard to imagine Rhonda not getting it to the mat somehow. She throws men around like dirty laundry. Cyborg however does not possess similar KO power.. nor does she have olympic caliber grappling skills. Cyborg's key to success has been to brutalize opponents who couldn't stand and bang and who couldn't take her down... to wear them out and eventually overwhelm them... not to put them to sleep.
7/14/13 11:08 PM
crazydave
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pheonix5 - 

7/14/13 11:17 PM
Bucephalus

Edited: 07/14/13 11:17 PM
I don't think men are any more knockout proof than women. However, women don't hit as hard as men.. Not even Cristiane. That translates to far fewer KO's in women's MMA. Just look at the stats. Plenty of TKO's.. plenty of submissions.. but not nearly as many KO's. That allows for a fighter like Rousey to be more successful than a man trying the same thing in men's MMA. It's far less likely that she will get flash KO'd.. so she will get more chances to impose her game without the same degree of risk.
7/14/13 11:22 PM
ChaosOverkill
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I don't think I have anything else to say about her"

"Psst, Psst, It's me Dana behind this curtain, say more stuff, call her a poopie head"

7/14/13 11:28 PM
Bucephalus

MARC BULGER -  In other words in scared as shit of her. Phone Post

i wild each it lol that meets their naked!
7/14/13 11:34 PM
Dazednconfused
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/14/13 11:57 PM

Why do people go on about Ronda scared to fight her? Ronda is in the UFC, Cyborg is not. Why do people act like its Ronda's decision? It's on the UFC to make the fight, not Ronda. Dana even said he was going to work out the weight issues later on but Cyborg refused to sign with the UFC. So explain to me how Ronda is ducking? They made a 135lb division and she's the champion. Wtf do you want her to do? Phone Post 3.0

Cyborg is a proven chest yet for some reason, everyone seems to support her. Do you just want to be different? I don't get it.

7/14/13 11:38 PM
ChaosOverkill
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Why so people go on about Ronda sk t fight her?"

I wild it each?

7/14/13 11:51 PM
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda has nothing for Cyborg. Revisionist history wont change the fact that Ronda started calling out Cyborg than ran to 135lbs when the reality of a fight happening between the two was real.

Ronda competed at 145lbs in the olympics if i beleive. If you can compete at the olympic level judo at 145 you can damn well do it in Mma.

Ronda needs to shut up already. Cyborg would run her over if they fight. Phone Post
7/14/13 11:55 PM
Dazednconfused
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

"Why so people go on about Ronda sk t fight her?"

I wild it each?

Typo mate. I fixed it mr pedantic. Phone Post 3.0
7/14/13 11:56 PM
Dazednconfused

PhallicObjekt - Ronda has nothing for Cyborg. Revisionist history wont change the fact that Ronda started calling out Cyborg than ran to 135lbs when the reality of a fight happening between the two was real.

Ronda competed at 145lbs in the olympics if i beleive. If you can compete at the olympic level judo at 145 you can damn well do it in Mma.

Ronda needs to shut up already. Cyborg would run her over if they fight. Phone Post
As soon as they clinch, Ronda takes her down. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 12:38 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
Bucephalus - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - Ronda needs to shut the fuck up already about this. She ran to 135 and won't go back up to meet cyborg. Just say it and call it a day. Two different weight classes and she'll be champ of 135. Do your thing there and shut up about something you'll never do. 

Sorry, but Cyborg is not the champion.

And don't lie about Rhonda "starting this whole bullshit" when Cyborg was champ. After Cyborg was exposed as a steroid-using cheat, she was no longer champion and no longer worth chasing. She is, however, fair game for criticism. Her actions affected all of women's MMA, not just the 145lb division.

And last I checked, Cyborg talks shit about Rhonda when asked questions too. Go figure.

Last I checked, she was champ but "stripped" ofthe title. You and I both know she won the title and would have with or without the juice. 

Ronda started it all. She was running her cum dumpster about Cyborg ages ago while she still fought at 145. Its been documented and don't pull the revisionist history with me. 

Have you heard the shit Ronda vomits out? Her writers are cunty fucks, I'll tell you that right now.. Cyborg getting snarky is literally a defensive response to that cuntiness. 

Wow. Just wow. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 3:33 AM
abi
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crazydave -
pheonix5 - 

.. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 3:41 AM
JerodR

Shouldhavebeen - Its going to be hilarious when this down syndrome looking one trick pony gets exposed for the fraud that she is. She is only winning these matches because of the strength advantage. She has zero stand up. She is the Brock Lesnar of WMMA.
Only winning from strength? Let me guess you think Cyborg wins her fights with all that technique. If you think Rousey is really winning off of strength then there is no hope for you my friend. Her resume prior to MMA alone shows that strength is not what is winning her fights. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.