UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones has 'no wishes to fight Dan Henderson'

7/13/13 2:14 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Jon Jones is next set to defend his UFC lightheavyweight title against Alexander Gustafson. Should he retain the title, there really is no clear cut number one contender. Last September Jones was scheduled to square off against Dan Henderson, but now has no real desire to fight Henderson:

"I have no wishes to fight Dan Henderson," Jones told MMAmania.com. "Dan Henderson is a guy who, you know, he's done a lot for this sport already, he's a lot older. I think he's a guy a lot of people would expect me to beat anyways. So I have no big dreams of fighting Dan Henderson."

Jones was pegged a massive favorite over Henderson prior to UFC 151, and since then he has only improved by gaining experience with title defenses against Vitor Belfort and Chael Sonnen.

Up next on Jones' agenda is a title defense against top contender Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165 on Sept. 21, 2013. "Bones" views Gustafsson as a major threat due to his physical size, skills and youth. Those are the type of challenges Jones is seeking -- not a match up with a 42-year-old who he feels is on the back end of his career.

"[Henderson's] last fight with Rashad Evans you could really see him starting to slow down," Jones said. "So fighting him I don't think really proves much."

read entire article...

With Henderson having lost his last two bouts it is very unlikely that we will see him square off with Jones in the near future. It would have been an awesome fight had it originally happened and it's too bad we will probably never see it.

7/13/13 2:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BTT-RyannVonDoom
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan touches that chin cleanly on jones and he goes night night. Phone Post 3.0
7/13/13 2:28 PM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan aint touching shit, sorry, he couldnt touch Machida or Rashad but he's gonna go deeper and further and higher and find Jones?

The Rashad bout was Dan's worst imo and really showed how much he's slowed down imo.
7/13/13 2:29 PM
Tilla

At least that means we're a step closer to Shogun/Hendo II!
7/13/13 2:29 PM
SQUEEZIE

in before he is cocky as fuck for this statement and in before he is to big for the division.
7/13/13 2:35 PM
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still like the fight. This is exactly why I didn't want Machida/Hendo. That was a waste, and predictably not a very entertaining fight.
7/13/13 2:45 PM
88samurai88
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont care who touches that chin but i hope its soon, someone needs to humble this guy. I dont like JJ. Honestly dont even enjoy watching his fights. Just my opinion. Phone Post 3.0
7/13/13 2:46 PM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, after the Rashad and Machida losses, it does not make sense at all right now anyhow. Jones is running out of opponents already though.

Should Machida take the rematch or drop to MW now?
7/13/13 2:53 PM
Ip Man 81

SQUEEZIE - in before he is cocky as fuck for this statement and in before he is to big for the division.
He is cocky as fuck and he is too big for the division, thanks for reminding everyone Phone Post 3.0
7/13/13 2:55 PM
UK Asylum

Willy the Coyote -  I don't like him, but he's right. It's not like Dan deserves it at this point anyway. Phone Post

I agree with this.
7/13/13 3:08 PM
GeneraI
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before Jones is ducking Hendo chants Phone Post 3.0
7/13/13 3:17 PM
DirtehSneakehs

cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck...

All that negative shit he says, he just doesn't want to lose to a old man who is "slowing down."

If 162 proved anything anyone can win at anytime for any reason. Fuck even Chael almost "won" when he fought Jones. No way they would have let it go into the second had Chael just survived those last seconds. Anytime, any reason, and I believe in Hendo. There is not a man he doesn't have a chance to beat in the 205 division and below.
7/13/13 3:20 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Idk why he would. Hendo lost 2 in a row and isn't a big draw Phone Post
7/13/13 3:20 PM
thatkidrichard91

Ip Man 81 - 
SQUEEZIE - in before he is cocky as fuck for this statement and in before he is to big for the division.
He is cocky as fuck and he is too big for the division, thanks for reminding everyone Phone Post 3.0

So that would make Gus too big as well, right? And everyone else around Jones height, they're too big as well correct? Yes, Jones has reach over people, but he would have the same advantage at HW. He's not a overly-muscled LHW, he's skinny to the bones, he makes weight every fight. Your "he's too big" statement is ignorant
7/13/13 3:23 PM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom - Dan touches that chin cleanly on jones and he goes night night. Phone Post 3.0

He has to get inside his range first and if Hashad could not do it who is a lot quicker then I would not put money on Hendo doing it either?
7/13/13 3:26 PM
andyman011

thatkidrichard91 -
Ip Man 81 - 

So that would make Gus too big as well, right? And everyone else around Jones height, they're too big as well correct? Yes, Jones has reach over people, but he would have the same advantage at HW. He's not a overly-muscled LHW, he's skinny to the bones, he makes weight every fight. Your "he's too big" statement is ignorant
His reach advantage wouldn't be there in heavyweight. Maybe 2 inches not 10.

He would get humbled by a middle class hw Phone Post
7/13/13 3:27 PM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan is not someone you can just assume you will beat... what pomp

7/13/13 3:31 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

BTT-RyannVonDoom - Dan touches that chin cleanly on jones and he goes night night. Phone Post 3.0
That goes for anybody though. Phone Post
7/13/13 3:37 PM
Authority Figure

BTT-RyannVonDoom - Dan touches that chin cleanly on jones and he goes night night. Phone Post 3.0

7/13/13 4:01 PM
SQUEEZIE

Ip Man 81 - 

you won hater of the month...thanx for reminding everyone.

to big for a division he has never missed weight for.

cocky for saying something that most ppl were thinking and wanting to try and get tougher opponents.

its so logical,and also makes so much sense.
7/13/13 4:07 PM
ChipW
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - Dan aint touching shit, sorry, he couldnt touch Machida or Rashad but he's gonna go deeper and further and higher and find Jones?

The Rashad bout was Dan's worst imo and really showed how much he's slowed down imo.
As a hendo fan(and 43 yr old. I'm sad to read that but it's the truth. Phone Post
7/13/13 4:40 PM
GelderdEnd

I'm not much of a fan of Jones but he's right, it serves no purpose fighting Hendo Phone Post 3.0
7/13/13 5:13 PM
ChaosOverkill
561 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DirtehSneakehs - cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck...

All that negative shit he says, he just doesn't want to lose to a old man who is "slowing down."

If 162 proved anything anyone can win at anytime for any reason. Fuck even Chael almost "won" when he fought Jones. No way they would have let it go into the second had Chael just survived those last seconds. Anytime, any reason, and I believe in Hendo. There is not a man he doesn't have a chance to beat in the 205 division and below.

SMH

7/13/13 5:15 PM
Tolstolobic

GeneraI - In before Jones is ducking Hendo chants Phone Post 3.0
Bones is duckin Hendo, thanks for reminder Phone Post
7/13/13 5:19 PM
cruedi
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been the biggest Hendo fan for over 15 years. He needs to retire. He could connect and drop someone, but it would be a lucky shot. His last 2 fights show he can't set up other fighters like before. He's too slow now. His cardio hasn't been great in years.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.