UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman vs. Silva rematch set for UFC 168

7/14/13 1:18 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1070 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

It may be the biggest PPV in the history of the UFC and today UFC President Dana White made it official: Chris Weidman will rematch Anderson Silva, December 28th, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV.

Weidman shocked the world last weekend when he knocked out the long-time UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. Silva had previously held the title for the last seven years and was undefeated in the UFC in sixteen consecutive fights.

"Ever since the fight got over, I don't know if there's ever been any more hype, ever, in UFC history after a fight," White said on "SportsCenter." "Everybody has been wondering if there will be a rematch. I've been working on it since Thursday.

"Anderson Silva is motivated, fired up and wants the belt back," White said. "I expect a totally different fight. I don't think he is going to come out and taunt [Weidman].

"He went out and played. It's not the first time he's done this. He's done it before and he got away with it. Chris Weidman didn't allow it. Chris Weidman kept his composure when [Silva] was messing around with him and Weidman went right after him and ended up knocking him out."

read entire article...

In his post-fight interview, Silva announced that he was uninterested in a rematch, or fighting for a title again, but reports began to surface in Brazil that he had already changed his mind. Weidman has more than once stated that he would grant Silva a rematch and that was what he mosted wanted so he could prove the first win wasn't a fluke.

The rematch will serve as the main event UFC 168 and the women's title fight between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey will be the co-main event.

7/14/13 1:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:) Phone Post
7/14/13 1:24 AM
TuLegit

As much as it pains me to say it, I think Weidman wins again. Phone Post 3.0
7/14/13 1:28 AM
Juicymma
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think we all knew it was gonna happen. Just hope weidman does it again. Phone Post 3.0
7/14/13 1:37 AM
BrattMamley
1022 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who would have thought everything would be going down like this 2 weeks ago? Crazy how the MMA world got flipped upside down. Phone Post 3.0
7/14/13 6:48 PM
MMALOGIC

Anderson is gonna pick him apart with leg kicks.

7/14/13 6:50 PM
GarlicSauce

TuLegit - As much as it pains me to say it, I think Weidman wins again. Phone Post 3.0

If he does it again, good for him. He'll prove he's really good and worthy of that title. Everyone now thinks it's a fluke and won't happen again, and that Anderson will win in the rematch. Let's see how Chris does this time around.
7/14/13 8:05 PM
The Last Emperor

GarlicSauce - 
TuLegit - As much as it pains me to say it, I think Weidman wins again. Phone Post 3.0

If he does it again, good for him. He'll prove he's really good and worthy of that title. Everyone now thinks it's a fluke and won't happen again, and that Anderson will win in the rematch. Let's see how Chris does this time around.

He's already proven he's really good, are you high? The kid is 10-0 against some great competition, is the UFC champion and got there be doing what many (ignorant people) thought was impossible. And he hasn't even hit his prime yet.
7/14/13 8:27 PM
GarlicSauce

The Last Emperor - 
GarlicSauce - 

He's already proven he's really good, are you high? The kid is 10-0 against some great competition, is the UFC champion and got there be doing what many (ignorant people) thought was impossible. And he hasn't even hit his prime yet.

He's good, but he's not "legitimately beat Silva" good yet. Only with a second convincing win will he prove it's not a fluke.
7/14/13 8:44 PM
billyfnjack

ttt
7/14/13 8:45 PM
The Last Emperor

GarlicSauce - 
The Last Emperor - 
GarlicSauce - 

He's good, but he's not "legitimately beat Silva" good yet. Only with a second convincing win will he prove it's not a fluke.

Only to Anderson Silva nuthuggers. LOL how is a brutal KO of someone who has never been KO'd not legitimately beating them? You're fucking stupid.
7/14/13 8:54 PM
Carl Sonnen

Weidman is going to beat Silva's ass again.
7/14/13 8:58 PM
olGregg
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Last Emperor - 
GarlicSauce - 
The Last Emperor - 
GarlicSauce - 

Only to Anderson Silva nuthuggers. LOL how is a brutal KO of someone who has never been KO'd not legitimately beating them? You're fucking stupid.

Oh c'mon now! You're comfortable calling it a "brutal" KO? You don't really think that right?

7/14/13 9:15 PM
slamming

The Last Emperor - 
GarlicSauce - 
The Last Emperor - 
GarlicSauce - 

No, he's correct and most would agree.
7/14/13 9:23 PM
LyotoBundy
311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Weidman has the ability to do it again, and in equally brutal fashion. However, as a nuthugger and long-time fan, I just can't vote against Anderson. I see Anderson getting more technical and hungry and getting it back. Phone Post
7/15/13 1:19 AM
MMA6053
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dear Anderson,

A little less fucking around and more fighting this time around.

Regards
7/15/13 1:20 AM
FingerorMoon
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It wasn't a lucky punch.
They planned specifically for Silva and the way they knew he would showboat.
Weidman stepped in far more than Silva's opponents normally do and Silva was caught flat footed leaning backward with nowhere to avoid the punch.

I think Silva is the GOAT by a wide margin by the way....

I think it will look a lot more like Silva vs Belfort this time, with Silva using an entirely different stance and giving his opponent a LOT of respect in the striking.
Will this mean he will end up being taken down and wrestlefucked for a 5 round decision instead?

Who knows....
Sometimes once the mystique is gone and the sharks smell blood in the water, invincible people can fall quickly.....see Fedor or RJJ ...

Or maybe Weidman will be a Matt Serra footnote in Silva's history....

7/15/13 1:27 AM
CHAUNCH

If Silva doesn't become so insecure like was the 1st fight then he has a chance.
7/15/13 1:38 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

slamming -
The Last Emperor - 
GarlicSauce - 
The Last Emperor - 
GarlicSauce - 

No, he's correct and most would agree.
Yes most would agree that Anderson got knocked the fuck out! Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 1:39 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

KingofBJJ -
Carl Sonnen - Weidman is going to beat Silva's ass again.

I don't remember a beating.  I remember a lucky shot.

Then you are blind Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 3:24 AM
Eric Bloodaxe
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman takes it again. He won't play the stand up game this time, even if Anderson starts taunting him, and goes the Sonnen route minus sloppy sub defense.

7/15/13 3:41 AM
Mexican Janitor

KingofBJJ -
Carl Sonnen - Weidman is going to beat Silva's ass again.

I don't remember a beating.  I remember a lucky shot.

Nah, I like Silva, but Weidman gave him a shot he'll never forget and he put him to sleep when Silva buckled. I felt like crying, but Weidman cleaned his fucking clock Phone Post
7/15/13 11:40 AM
AndersonSilvaFan

Anderson Silva threw the first fight. Now please excuse me as I check my prostate while thinking about Anderson Silva.
7/15/13 11:36 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman shuts all the doubters up once and for all. Phone Post 3.0
7/16/13 12:09 AM
REDRUM_NYC

Weidman is going to Re-Retire Silva 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.