UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> VIDEO: Marloes Coenen vs Cris Cyborg

7/14/13 8:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ender852
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/14/13 8:02 PM

7/14/13 8:07 PM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shame we will never see her put a beating on Ronda
7/14/13 8:09 PM
ender852
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cause ronda would toss her and win in 60 seconds

7/14/13 9:04 PM
ender852

Ttt Phone Post
7/14/13 9:04 PM
ender852

Ttt Phone Post
7/14/13 9:11 PM
Tweener
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy - the front page of MixedMartialArts.Com says that Cyborg KO'd her... So I was kind of expecting a KO...
7/14/13 9:12 PM
ender852

(T)KO Phone Post
7/14/13 10:01 PM
buvaiser

nice fight.
7/14/13 10:55 PM
RONINXOM
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 12:51 AM
andrewwarner

Subbed Phone Post
7/15/13 7:55 AM
Dominique Robinson
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn doesn't work on cell Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 10:17 AM
Son Geekou
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mobile friendly please Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 11:03 AM
Soup and Beer
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sorry but there is nothing from Cyborg's performance in this fight that shows me she could dominate Rousey, let alone beat her.  I think she could edge out a decision if she took Rousey down repeatedly and kept her head buried in her chest until a standup by the ref.  But probably still get armbared.  Or maybe be so concerned about the inevitable armbar that Rousey catches her with something else.

7/15/13 12:37 PM
Sickle
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4l8r Phone Post
7/15/13 1:17 PM
Soup and Beer
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlexanderTheGOAT - Rhonda probably wanted to watch this fight but did like my 3 yo niece when something is scary on TV. She's so shook of Cyborg that she'd probably risk her life to avoid a fight with her. If they were both crossing a bridge 100 ft above a shallow river Rhoda would dive head first off the side to avoid any issues with Cyborg. Phone Post 3.0

lol I dunno.  In that fight I just watched, there was a LOT of scrambling around on the ground with little damage being done to Connen.  I'll bet Rousey was counting off the armbars watching that video.

That being said, it makes little difference.  Dana offered her a championship fight several times but Cyborg wanted no part of it.  She came up with every excuse in the book and kept changing her reasons why she would not take the fight until finally asking to leave the organization.

I don't know if Rousey is scared or not.  But when the fight was offered, only one person refused the match.  And it's the one that looks like a dude.

7/15/13 1:21 PM
Silverball
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg is the number one P4P women's MMA fighter in the world, whether you think she's using or not, but I get that for a lot of people that blemish will never go away, and by default that makes Rousey the current women's P4P women's champ.

The reality is that Rousey was a 145 pounder who dropped down initially to avoid Cyborg, and it was both the smartest and best decision she ever made.
7/15/13 2:53 PM
Soup and Beer

AlexanderTheGOAT - 
Silverball - Cyborg is the number one P4P women's MMA fighter in the world, whether you think she's using or not, but I get that for a lot of people that blemish will never go away, and by default that makes Rousey the current women's P4P women's champ.

The reality is that Rousey was a 145 pounder who dropped down initially to avoid Cyborg, and it was both the smartest and best decision she ever made.
This. She was so scared of cyborg she went bulimic in order to not fight her. She's the equivalent to the kid who fakes sick to avoid the fight at school, except she perpetually gags herself to make weight so she can avoid a fight with Cyborg LOL. Phone Post 3.0

Why do you Cyborg nuthuggers always refuse to answer the question about why Cyborg ducked her? 

1) Cyborg was offered a championship fight after coming off her suspension from roids(unheard of usually)

2) Cyborg turned down the fight and claimed she couldn't make 135

3) Cyborg asks to be released from the UFC and her request is granted.

4) Cyborg later admitted she wasn't telling the truth and could make the weight.

5) Cyborg then claims Rousey is ducking her.

Unless you think Cyborg is lying again, she said herself that the weight loss wasnt an issue.  So if Rousey was "running" to 135 to avoid Cyborg, then she could just chase her right to that division if what she said is true.

7/15/13 2:58 PM
ShaqNoob
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RONINXOM - Later Phone Post 3.0

7/15/13 4:33 PM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If there was a title at 145 you might have a case, HM. There isn't. So what is the point of a catchweight fight? What does the UFC do with Cyborg if she wins?

This is a business, some of you are forgetting that. There has to be something tomorrow, not just today.

7/15/13 6:30 PM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GTFO with this detriment to her health bullshit. We have eyes, it's obvious she can drop the weight, she's HUGE.  Dropping a few pounds of muscle at her size is not a detriment to anything but her power advantage. She won't do it because that's 90% of her game, and we all know it.

7/15/13 6:38 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at catchweight when there is only one weight division in the UFC.  Or maybe you guys think that Dana should create a division just for her?  

It looks like Cyborg's next logical opponents over at Invicta will include women who Ronda destroyed in seconds. Didn't Tate tap out the woman Cyborg beat this weekend?

No, it doesn't take two people to sell a fight.  Ronda can sell PPV's quite nicely on her own. Look at her numbers with the virtually unknown Liz Carmouche.  UFC has so much confidence in her marketability the next season of TUF is built around her.  If it was Ronda that was injured do you think the UFC would have gone ahead with Tate/Zingano as the coaches?

One person brings everything to the table, and the other person brings nothing to the table.  That is the issue.

There is no bargaining power for Cyborg.  She needs to go to Ronda, not the other way around. Assuming she is getting sound business advice, that would be the message she is hearing from her advisors. It is up to her to heed it or not.

7/15/13 6:48 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iPhone please. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 7:05 PM
CharlesLewis

She has a history of steroid abuse too, might there be some connection there? I mean, I do not posess a medical degree as you say, but there might be something to it...

If, as you say, she walks at 170 that's even MORE reason against this fight. 

You attack me for making assumptions about Cyborg, then go on to tell us EXACTLY what Dana wants... you must be a mind reader. I will tell you what I think Dana wants: MONEY. If He could make money promoting Rousey/Cyborg, he would want that MONEY. If Cyborg crushed Rousey and became the hot new killer female, he'd want the MONEY to be made off her. I don't care if she's hot or not, crushing KO's sell. 

There just isn't enough talent at 145 to make a belt yet. When there is, you better beleive they will do it. 

7/15/13 7:22 PM
mark of the wolf
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/15/13 7:23 PM
<blockquote>CharlesLewis - <p>
She has a history of steroid abuse too, might there be some connection there? I mean, I do not posess a medical degree as you say, but there might be something to it...</p>
<p>
If, as you say, she walks at 170 that's even MORE reason against this fight. </p>
<p>
You attack me for making assumptions about Cyborg, then go on to tell us EXACTLY what Dana wants... you must be a mind reader. I will tell you what I think Dana wants: MONEY. If He could make money promoting Rousey/Cyborg, he would want that MONEY. If Cyborg crushed Rousey and became the hot new killer female, he'd want the MONEY to be made off her. I don't care if she's hot or not, crushing KO's sell. </p>
<p>
 </p>
<p>
There just isn't enough talent at 145 to make a belt yet. When there is, you better beleive they will do it. </p></blockquote><br /> if it's MONEY Dana wants like you say Dana can and i mean CAN make this fight happen. The fans want to see it but the truth is Dana is not gonna risk it. Again back to the Gina case,Ronda fans can yell till they are blue in the face about cyborg failed PED test or cry themselves to sleep believing Ronda can win but anyone with half a brain knows Ronda Has NOTHING for Cris.<br /><br />I mean Christ on high, look at her! Speed,her power the fact when she gets hit she smiles, Cris likes it and enjoys violence. All i see from Cris and Ronda is a prime Silva going in on Sakuraba.
7/15/13 7:27 PM
CharlesLewis

The fans... the majority of the UFC audience has no idea who the hell Cyborg is. We sometimes forget we hardcores are the MINORITY, go into BW3s during the next PPV and ask everyone watching how they think Cyborg would do in the UFC. Enjoy your blank stares.

The only way for Dana to make money off Cyborg is for her to fight more than once. Once again for the dense THERE IS NO 145 DIVISION. She has to come down, or keep crushing cans in the minors. That's the facts.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.