UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> I Got a New Couch. U Jealous?

7/16/13 5:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bobby Lupo
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

leifdawg - 
Bobby Lupo - 

Ma got a new white leather couch, so she gave me the old one from the room nobody ever goes in. Can't wait to Christen this friggin thing with a broad. EZ cleanup. Who's better than me?

Everyone knows antiquing is for homos. Your living room now looks like all my over 60 Italian relatives' living rooms.

Buying couches is for suckers. I got that shit for free and it's never been used or sat on before. Sounds like a mad good deal for me.

7/16/13 5:04 PM
Cotton
640 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChokeEmOut - WFG

Wrong Forum Greaseball Phone Post
I lost it from this. Phone Post
7/16/13 5:08 PM
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ the room that nobody goes into.

Had a Greek friend who's parents had that room.  The rest of the house was very modern and traditional, but the room that nobody went into was alll decked out.

7/16/13 5:34 PM
Bobby Lupo
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArtMinaj - 

LOL @ the room that nobody goes into.

Had a Greek friend who's parents had that room.  The rest of the house was very modern and traditional, but the room that nobody went into was alll decked out.

It's strictly reserved for people who come from overseas to visit. I'd get whacked with a wooden spoon for going in there a a kid, but Zia Carmella e Zia Vincenza could sit on that couch like it was no big deal. You come 4,000 miles, you can sit on the couch in the fancy room.

7/16/13 8:37 PM
greco yeoman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much does a couch like that cost? Looks downright hideous but wouldn't be surprised if it's expensive. Phone Post
7/16/13 9:35 PM
cheesesteak
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is for the company you stoonad!

7/17/13 7:02 AM
Bobby Lupo

greco yeoman -  How much does a couch like that cost? Looks downright hideous but wouldn't be surprised if it's expensive. Phone Post

6 million Lira. Don't know the conversion to American money.

7/17/13 7:11 AM
Bobby Lupo

Sanka? Paisan, how you gonna give somebody Sanka?

Company Kit:

+  +

7/17/13 7:11 AM
Bobby Lupo

Edited: 07/17/13 7:14 AM

7/17/13 7:13 AM
Bobby Lupo

7/17/13 8:57 AM
cheesesteak
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can't forget the anisette!

7/17/13 9:57 AM
Bobby Lupo

No doubt. Grappa for the fellas anisette for the ladies. Phone Post 3.0
7/17/13 10:06 AM
cheesesteak

I tell you. I could go for a nice shot of grappa in my espresso right now Bobby...minkyaaaa
7/17/13 10:27 AM
AlphaSlap
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, Nonna has a piano in her sitting room...so classy
7/18/13 7:36 AM
Bobby Lupo

AlphaSlap - Lol, Nonna has a piano in her sitting room...so classy

Donna di elegante

7/18/13 7:46 AM
oldnslow
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My grandma's sitting room had a white shag carpet as pure as newly fallen snow. There was a single path of towels laid across one corner so you walk from the entrance hall to the dining room. God help you if you strayed from the path.

She claims she was Jewish, but maybe there was a little Italian hiding in there... Phone Post
7/18/13 7:49 AM
HendOwnedByStankyLeg
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a ugly ass couch Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 7:51 AM
Khun Kao
1057 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMG, I'm descended from German Americans, and while we didn't take it to this extreme, so many of these little anecdotes remind me of childhood.

My Mom bought her retirement home and has the "sitting room for company that no one EVER goes into".... She has all that gaudy ass furniture, and piano, AND a old foot-pedal pump organ... but no plastic on the furniture.
7/18/13 8:17 AM
Bobby Lupo

oldnslow -  My grandma's sitting room had a white shag carpet as pure as newly fallen snow. There was a single path of towels laid across one corner so you walk from the entrance hall to the dining room. God help you if you strayed from the path.

She claims she was Jewish, but maybe there was a little Italian hiding in there... Phone Post

My parents neighborhood in Brooklyn got very Jewish in the last few years and when the neighbors come over to hve coffee with my mother, they say "Italians and Jews are the practically the same , but you have better food."

7/18/13 11:13 AM
oldnslow
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - 
oldnslow -  My grandma's sitting room had a white shag carpet as pure as newly fallen snow. There was a single path of towels laid across one corner so you walk from the entrance hall to the dining room. God help you if you strayed from the path.

My parents neighborhood in Brooklyn got very Jewish in the last few years and when the neighbors come over to hve coffee with my mother, they say "Italians and Jews are the practically the same , but you have better food."

Da troof
7/18/13 11:24 AM
oldnslow

I married Filipino, and my in-laws have a unique take on the plastic encasement phenomena. While Italians (and apparently Greeks and Jews) secure their precious items in an after-market sturdy shiny plastic sheath, my in-laws simply leave on the crappy factory plastic film the product is shipped/sold in. This applies more to electronics, but I've seen in on furniture too.

When I asked my in-laws why they did this, I was told "to keep it looking nice!" When I replied that the flimsy, sticky plastic is now grimy, torn and bubbling, thus making the item in fact look like shit in the living room, I was met with a cold blank stare.

My brother-in-law kept the peel-off plastic on his cell phone screen for most of the entire life of his 2 year contract.
7/18/13 11:25 AM
oldnslow

Let me amend my above post that I, in fact, married FilipinA. Not Fililpino.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
7/18/13 3:03 PM
Bobby Lupo

oldnslow - Let me amend my above post that I, in fact, married FilipinA. Not Fililpino.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
I was gonna say: real progressive, bro Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 3:52 PM
NICK MANNING
667 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby,

I bought an automatic espresso maker (please forgive me, as I am new to the game) and some Lavazza. That shit is delicious.
7/18/13 4:20 PM
Bobby Lupo

NICK MANNING - Bobby,

I bought an automatic espresso maker (please forgive me, as I am new to the game) and some Lavazza. That shit is delicious.

That's game tight, bro. Cappucino for breakfast like a Gindaloon, not afta dinner like Americans do. Espresso and grappa for the digestion. Good for the blood

I gotta say: my inlaws have a Nespresso machine, and God up in heaven, is that shit good. I'm thinking hard about getting a new one.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.