UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson in same place Franklin was vs him

7/15/13 12:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CRE
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remember Franklin went into the first fight thinking that the clinch would be his sweet spot vs. Anderson Silva and that plan backfired.

The same thing happened with Anderson against Weidman, he figured he could get into a slugfest on the feet with Weidman and found out that Weidman has a better chin and more power from all angles, getting knocked out cold by Weidman's jab hand in a stunning turn of events.

Now Silva has suffered a concussive injury that will not get proper healing and he won't even get a warmup fight after being KO'd easily by a Champion whose talent and potential seemingly know no limits.

Weidman had no difficulty with Silva and he was coming off rehab/surgery. Silva can try to work his standup, but he has to keep his hands up and that will open up the takedowns for Weidman.

Silva is smaller, older and slower.

Weidman by bone chilling brutal clean KO or choking, that guy is mean and shows no mercy. Did you see how he walked over to Silva after KO'ing him and had to be restrained?

BJ Penn esque prodigy this Chris Weidman.

Anderson finally found a guy who is just as mean as him.
7/15/13 12:20 AM
CRE
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson has been forced to respect Weidman and he can't afford to that, his style of fighting has always been to disregard everything his opponent has to offer.

This is very similar to Rich Franklin when he was on his run as champ, he would walk anyone down and trade confidently and Silva just altered those plans.

UFC is making a mistake by rushing Silva into this fight if they want him to win, Silva needs a confidence building fight against someone like Cung Le, that's why it's about time for Dana White to let me run the company because I make the better calls at this point.

Weidman completely nullifies Anderson's game in every aspect, we are seeing a hard counter stylistically.
7/15/13 12:21 AM
brahmabull81
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/15/13 12:21 AM
LOL maybe maybe not.
7/15/13 12:24 AM
mestregruber
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad to see CRE is picking Weidman this time.
7/15/13 12:25 AM
CRE

Rematches need to be built.

Give Anderson a gimme fight that the fans will buy up against Cung Le or something, but these guys make the money grub move with an instant rematch.

Your so called GOAT just got knocked out smooth and you want to rush him back into the cage with the 29 year old who just did it?

Silva is going to get mounted 2 minutes in and eat hell from top position. This Weidman kid proved himself, nobody can doubt him now least of all himself.

Is Anderson serious? "I back" He's 40 and just got flatlined, toe tagged. Get real.
7/15/13 12:27 AM
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva cost himself that fight. I picked Weidman to win, but not by Anderson handing it to him on a silver platter with a note attached reading "here, please knock me out Chris Weidman".

It actually has to be embarrassing for Chris Weidman if anything. He is now the UFC middleweight champion, but knows in his head that the world watched Silva hand it to him.
Now he will have a rematch, where AS will prove that it was a fluke, and that Weidman is/was highly overrated. Poor Weidman. After watching the fight there's no way I could pick Weidman in a rematch, he looked horrible, but lucked out due to Silva feeling bad for Chris's performance. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 12:29 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well the only reasonable fight for Silva ofher than the rematch is Belfort. And he is making a living destroying their contenders Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 12:32 AM
Ip Man 81

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - Well the only reasonable fight for Silva ofher than the rematch is Belfort. And he is making a living destroying their contenders Phone Post 3.0
Bisping Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 12:34 AM
Pessimist_Pete

lol Franklin didn't go into his first fight thinking the clinch would be his sweet spot. lmao Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 12:42 AM
TheWolf88

Ip Man 81 - Silva cost himself that fight. I picked Weidman to win, but not by Anderson handing it to him on a silver platter with a note attached reading "here, please knock me out Chris Weidman".

It actually has to be embarrassing for Chris Weidman if anything. He is now the UFC middleweight champion, but knows in his head that the world watched Silva hand it to him.
Now he will have a rematch, where AS will prove that it was a fluke, and that Weidman is/was highly overrated. Poor Weidman. After watching the fight there's no way I could pick Weidman in a rematch, he looked horrible, but lucked out due to Silva feeling bad for Chris's performance. Phone Post 3.0
As the prophecy states....
I think the exact same thing, good point. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 12:45 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Silva-Weidman 3 on the next 4th of July card it is

7/15/13 12:50 AM
Ip Man 81

Pessimist_Pete - lol Franklin didn't go into his first fight thinking the clinch would be his sweet spot. lmao Phone Post 3.0
I think it was the second fight where Franklin was thought to "welcome" the clinch. I maybe wrong tho Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 12:50 AM
pitbullismyfather
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mestregruber - I'm glad to see CRE is picking Weidman this time.
This Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 12:51 AM
pennviachoke
928 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - Well the only reasonable fight for Silva ofher than the rematch is Belfort. And he is making a living destroying their contenders Phone Post 3.0
Bisping Phone Post 3.0
Please Phone Post
7/15/13 12:52 AM
Ip Man 81

Pancake Syrup Ali -

They won't give Weidman an immediate rematch when Silva wins the rematch. Belfort will get the next shot. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 12:53 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Ip Man 81 -
Pessimist_Pete - lol Franklin didn't go into his first fight thinking the clinch would be his sweet spot. lmao Phone Post 3.0
I think it was the second fight where Franklin was thought to "welcome" the clinch. I maybe wrong tho Phone Post 3.0
No. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 12:56 AM
Ip Man 81

Pessimist_Pete -
Ip Man 81 -
No. Phone Post 3.0
Then it was the first fight. There is an interview somewhere out there, I will find Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 12:58 AM
brahmabull81
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/15/13 12:57 AM
I believe he actually says it in the post fight in-cage interview right after the first fight. Im certain Frankling DID say that though.
7/15/13 1:01 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
741 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
Pancake Syrup Ali -

They won't give Weidman an immediate rematch when Silva wins the rematch. Belfort will get the next shot. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I'm sure they're going to leave that PPV money with the trilogy on the table for a rematch with Belfort. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 1:02 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Ip Man 81 -
Pessimist_Pete -
Ip Man 81 -
No. Phone Post 3.0
Then it was the first fight. There is an interview somewhere out there, I will find Phone Post 3.0
Please do. But even if you do, that was never his plan. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 1:06 AM
brahmabull81

"Afterwards, when asked what happened, Franklin was his usual truthful self. ?I was not expecting him to be that strong in the clinch. I expected it to be my sweet spot (the clinch), and it gave me a lot of trouble.?"

Sauce: http://www.extremeprosports.com/MMA/franklin_vs_silva.html
7/15/13 1:07 AM
LSDave

I recall Franklin saying exactly that in the post fight interview with Rogan, but you probably know what Franklin was thinking better than Franklin.
7/15/13 1:10 AM
MeNoSurrenderr

TheWolf88 -
Ip Man 81 - Silva cost himself that fight. I picked Weidman to win, but not by Anderson handing it to him on a silver platter with a note attached reading "here, please knock me out Chris Weidman".

As the prophecy states....
I think the exact same thing, good point. Phone Post 3.0
Wow your a bunch of idiots.One for talking out of his ass and the other for agreeing.That KO affected more your heads than silva's.Chris beat silva on the floor and on the feet I can't see your point of him looking horrible? Phone Post
7/15/13 1:15 AM
Ip Man 81

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -
Ip Man 81 -
Pancake Syrup Ali -

Yeah I'm sure they're going to leave that PPV money with the trilogy on the table for a rematch with Belfort. Phone Post 3.0
Silva vs Belfort rematch is still a huge draw in Brazil. And even if Weidman loses his next fight to Silva it's not like he is going anywhere. He's young and he's an animal, could very well be the future of the division when Anderson retires. I just don't see them doing that fight back to back to back. Especially with Vitor performing like he is, that's a huge fight. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 1:17 AM
Ip Man 81

brahmabull81 - "Afterwards, when asked what happened, Franklin was his usual truthful self. ?I was not expecting him to be that strong in the clinch. I expected it to be my sweet spot (the clinch), and it gave me a lot of trouble.?"

Sauce: http://www.extremeprosports.com/MMA/franklin_vs_silva.html
Good man...VU Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.