UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson in same place Franklin was vs him

7/15/13 1:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MeNoSurrenderr -
TheWolf88 -
Ip Man 81 - Silva cost himself that fight. I picked Weidman to win, but not by Anderson handing it to him on a silver platter with a note attached reading "here, please knock me out Chris Weidman".

It actually has to be embarrassing for Chris Weidman if anything. He is now the UFC middleweight champion, but knows in his head that the world watched Silva hand it to him.
Now he will have a rematch, where AS will prove that it was a fluke, and that Weidman is/was highly overrated. Poor Weidman. After watching the fight there's no way I could pick Weidman in a rematch, he looked horrible, but lucked out due to Silva feeling bad for Chris's performance. Phone Post 3.0
As the prophecy states....
I think the exact same thing, good point. Phone Post 3.0
Wow your a bunch of idiots.One for talking out of his ass and the other for agreeing.That KO affected more your heads than silva's.Chris beat silva on the floor and on the feet I can't see your point of him looking horrible? Phone Post
You act like its the first time we have seen Silva on his back.
Weidman absolutely deserves respect for the win, but anybody who doesn't think Silva cost himself that fight is a fool. He had Chris right where he wanted him but went WAY over board. People say that Chris beat AS at his own game, but that wasn't Silva normal game. He was acting like an idiot trying to clown Weidman, going way overboard, which probably has a lot to do with many people picking Weidman to win the fight.
No doubt, Weidman deserves respect, but Anderson lost that fight because he went way overboard clowning Chris. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 1:46 AM
MeNoSurrenderr

Silva lost that fight because Chris Knock Him out period. Truth hurts bro let go. Phone Post
7/15/13 1:54 AM
tjmitchiscool
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nooooooo...now I must take my Weidman All-American wallpaper down..thanks alot asshole Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 2:12 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

CRE - Anderson has been forced to respect Weidman and he can't afford to that, his style of fighting has always been to disregard everything his opponent has to offer.

This is very similar to Rich Franklin when he was on his run as champ, he would walk anyone down and trade confidently and Silva just altered those plans.

UFC is making a mistake by rushing Silva into this fight if they want him to win, Silva needs a confidence building fight against someone like Cung Le, that's why it's about time for Dana White to let me run the company because I make the better calls at this point.

Weidman completely nullifies Anderson's game in every aspect, we are seeing a hard counter stylistically.
Anderson doesn't need a confidence building fight Cre. He would be too old if another year goes by it is already a factor now Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 2:19 AM
tenchu
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman had Silva beat in all areas.

When nothing was working for Silva he had resort take his clowning antics, evening pleading with Weidman to stand with him.

All credit to Weidman.
7/15/13 2:29 AM
(FtheUg) ANDERSONdreamingHEisNEO
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks CRE, betting the house on Anderson as we speak. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 2:44 AM
Senester
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always love CRE's posts.. Anderson: "I back"..
too funny in that context lol!! Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 2:51 AM
Seats Taken
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

(FtheUg) ANDERSONdreamingHEisNEO - Thanks CRE, betting the house on Anderson as we speak. Phone Post 3.0

7/15/13 2:59 AM
tanner904

You know it's odd I picked Weidman in the first fight it just felt like this was going to be the fight Anderson lost. Now saying that I got a funny feeling silva wins this one. I don't know why cause I expected Weidman to win but in a different way. Idk why but I think Anderson knocks him out this time Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 3:22 AM
NukSooCow
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Um, Anderson never attempted a "slug fest" with Weidman and the difference between Anderson and Franklin is not at all comparable to Anderson and Weidman except for the fact that Franklin and Anderson were both champs when they lost. Anderson was revealed to be a next level, game changing athlete against Franklin, whereas as Weidman is just a really young, strong, confident dude who actually looks pretty plodding on his feet. Not that he can't win again, but there is no comparison to be had here. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 3:49 AM
TheHaunted2

Stopped reading when you failed to differentiate between a jab and a hard left hook. Phone Post
7/15/13 3:52 AM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mestregruber - I'm glad to see CRE is picking Weidman this time.

same, it is comforting

7/15/13 5:19 AM
Malvert the Janitor
860 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"BJ Penn esque prodigy this Chris Weidman."

Maybe they were wrong about you, CRE... Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 6:16 AM
ManWithTheIronFists
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty stupid post, I mean in the Silva vs Franklin fight Silva just dominated and annihilated him in the clinch. It's not like Weidman was dominating him on the feet, Silva just clowned around a little too much and got caught. So I don't see how you can say that this is equivalent to how Franklin felt against Silva.
7/15/13 6:28 AM
fathalpert
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pessimist_Pete - lol Franklin didn't go into his first fight thinking the clinch would be his sweet spot. lmao Phone Post 3.0

During the post fight interview he said he thought the clinch would be his sweet spot.
7/15/13 6:29 AM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -
Ip Man 81 -
Pancake Syrup Ali -

So Silva-Weidman 3 on the next 4th of July card it is

They won't give Weidman an immediate rematch when Silva wins the rematch. Belfort will get the next shot. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I'm sure they're going to leave that PPV money with the trilogy on the table for a rematch with Belfort. Phone Post 3.0
It will be the same situation as Serra gsp IMO. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 9:06 AM
6ULDV8

CRE would be an awesome BLAF.

Dana said he was calling it quits in about 6 years time.  Maybe CRE could talk to Chael about the possibility of taking over the reigns to ensure the future of our beloved sport.

VTFU OP.  You hit the nail right on the head.

7/15/13 9:11 AM
ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mestregruber - I'm glad to see CRE is picking Weidman this time.
Fuck you..... Ahhhh
And fuck you too cre Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.