UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What determines KO power?

7/16/13 8:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bobby Lupo
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

banco - 
Scrap7 - Speed.. Speed is everything.. Speed kills.. Speed is a weird/ funny word, and I just realized it. Phone Post 3.0

Foreman and Earnie Shavers weren't particularly fast but were some of the biggest punchers ever.

Speed doesn't kill. The fastest guys are clearly not the hardest hitters. People rave about Tyson's speed like it's why he hit hard. They ignore that he was benching 250 at 12-years-old the first time he lifted and had massive quads and core development. He hit hard because he was a powerful guy. 

Speed annoys and frustrates, but power kills.

7/16/13 8:47 AM
pegson123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WhAt allows Veronica rothenhausler to put ppl to sleep with one punch but someon like cyborg has to thump ppl many times. Phone Post
7/16/13 9:11 AM
banco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - 
banco - 
Scrap7 - Speed.. Speed is everything.. Speed kills.. Speed is a weird/ funny word, and I just realized it. Phone Post 3.0

Foreman and Earnie Shavers weren't particularly fast but were some of the biggest punchers ever.

Speed doesn't kill. The fastest guys are clearly not the hardest hitters. People rave about Tyson's speed like it's why he hit hard. They ignore that he was benching 250 at 12-years-old the first time he lifted and had massive quads and core development. He hit hard because he was a powerful guy. 

Speed annoys and frustrates, but power kills.

Yeah I suspect that with people who haven't trained in martial arts their vertical jump and ability to throw a shotput would be the best predictor of punching power.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.