UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Manager: Silva will fulfill 10-fight contract

7/15/13 9:45 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Super manager Ed Soares appeared recently on Friday's edition of AXS TV's "Inside MMA" and discussed The Spider's future.

"Anderson seems to be taking it pretty well. But it is definitely on his mind. I know he is eager to get back in there, and do it again and get his belt back."

Soares then went on to discuss the date for the rematch, which has since been announced as Dec 28th in Vegas.

Later in the interview Silva went on to say that Silva will be around for a long time, via Twitter.

"Anderson Silva will fight out the nine fights on his contract. But his next fight will be against Chris Weidman."

What do you think UG? Will Anderson Silva fight nine more times? Does it change things if he loses the fight on Weidman?

7/15/13 10:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - When was this interview? Because obviously the fight has been announced Phone Post 3.0
The show airs Fridays live... Phone Post
7/15/13 10:13 AM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll believe that when I see it.
7/15/13 10:22 AM
RJJH

RKing85 - I'll believe that when I see it.

this.

I say, 4 fights, tops.

7/15/13 10:22 AM
LucasBTiger
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RKing85 - I'll believe that when I see it.
With all his "tired" talk lately, I agree. He doesn't fight often... Do we really expect the tired millionaire to fight until he's 43? Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 10:32 AM
Ip Man 81

LucasBTiger -
RKing85 - I'll believe that when I see it.
With all his "tired" talk lately, I agree. He doesn't fight often... Do we really expect the tired millionaire to fight until he's 43? Phone Post 3.0
He's one of the few "true" fightera who didn't get lazy and go down hill when the $$$$ rolled in. I could see him fighting another couple years. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 11:39 AM
AndersonSilvaFan

Anderson Silva threw the first fight. Now please excuse me while I check my prostate while thinking about Anderson Silva.
7/15/13 1:25 PM
J_Swift

No he won't. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 1:30 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be shocked if he does. If I remember correctly the 10 fight contract was Zuffa's idea, not Silva or his peoples. Basically they were making sure he would finish his career with the UFC Phone Post
7/15/13 2:56 PM
Jons Forsberg

we'll see what he thinks when Zuffa tries to renegotiate his contract after a couple more losses.
7/15/13 4:50 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

WarWand9 - 

I will put down 5000 grand to say he wont finish ten fights lol.  That would bring him into his late 40's maybe even early 50's he def wont do it that long.  

Math isn't your thing, is it?
He is 38 years old, he could do 9 more fights before 43 easily
7/15/13 4:50 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

WarWand9 - 

I will put down 5000 grand to say he wont finish ten fights lol.  That would bring him into his late 40's maybe even early 50's he def wont do it that long.  

Math isn't your thing, is it?
He is 38 years old, he could do 9 more fights before 43 easily
7/15/13 4:59 PM
jjchgo
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RKing85 - I'll believe that when I see it.

lol this.
7/15/13 10:14 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - I'll be shocked if he does. If I remember correctly the 10 fight contract was Zuffa's idea, not Silva or his peoples. Basically they were making sure he would finish his career with the UFC Phone Post
Dana said it was the opposite, that Anderson was requesting.g that many. Zuffa had a 6 or 8 fight offer iirc Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.