UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pettis: This is the biggest fight of my career

7/15/13 2:19 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Anthony Pettis has been a number one contender or challenger in the lightweight and featherweight division, but some reason or another a title shot as eluded him. Whether an injury or unforeseen circumstance he has missed his opportunity but now with an injury to TJ Grant, Pettis will have his chance to rematch Benson Henderson and this time for the UFC lightweight title. Pettis recently spoke with Damon Martin at Bleacher Report about what the fight means to him:

"Words can't describe it," Pettis told Bleacher Report on Saturday after accepting the fight with Henderson. "You couldn't write a better story."

"He's the champion, he better be (excited). He's the guy that everybody wants, he's the No. 1 guy in the lightweight division. I don't see him being too worried about it. I'm sure he's confident, he's on a winning streak, but I know that has to be in his head," Pettis stated. "This is the last guy that beat him in my hometown. He's either seeking revenge, or he's worried; I don't know which one it is."

"All of his last fights, for sure the (Frankie) Edgar fight, I was there sitting and watching these fights front row, could have went either way, the (Gilbert) Melendez fight could have gone either way. So, there's an argument he may not be the top 155'er, but he has the belt, that's all there is to it," Pettis said. "He has the belt. Whether he's winning by decision or he's blowing guys out, he has the belt, and that's what I want. I've been waiting for this for two years, and it's finally here. It doesn't feel real."

read entire article...

7/15/13 3:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bjjkwong
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BH Via Grapple fuck Split Decision
7/15/13 4:27 PM
Aaron Becker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bjjkwong - BH Via Grapple fuck Split Decision

he doesn't grapple fuck you dipshit. He tries to finish but look at who he's been fighting, guys that hardly ever get finished by anyone
7/15/13 4:37 PM
Leck Brosnar

Bendo has gotten so many haters just because he won a few close fights. He is an awesome fighter and very exciting.
7/15/13 4:44 PM
Rudi

bjjkwong - BH Via Grapple fuck Split Decision
Who has benson ever grapple fucked? Phone Post
7/16/13 12:09 AM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can you say he grapple-fucks people? Lets look at the numbers;
His last 7 opponents (frankie gets included twice) have a combined 177 fights between them and only 11 times have they been finished. Guida actually inflates that number since he has been subbed 6 times, so his losses count for more than half.
Also, of Bendo's last 4 opponents, 3 (frankie included twice again) have never been finished.

Bendo's lack of finishing in the UFC is a reflection of the talent he has faced as opposed to a lack of talent on his end.
7/16/13 12:12 AM
TuLegit

Ben just isn't a very dominant champ yet. Phone Post 3.0
7/16/13 3:36 AM
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Pettis takes the belt in his hometown he throws himself into stardom. Huge fight for Pettis if he wins he knows his future changes for the better.

Will be amazing to see if he pulls it off. Phone Post
7/17/13 9:54 AM
bjjkwong
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just don't see Benson doing a kickboxing match with him
7/17/13 9:56 AM
bjjkwong

I am not referring to like a GSP grapple fuck. Just in general I see him using his wrestling most of the fight this time

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.