UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva disses the Gracie family

7/15/13 5:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AshDoherty
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/15/13 5:24 PM

In this new interview:

"I don't see any difficulties being humble when you're the best. I think it's harder being humble when you're a Gracie."

7/15/13 5:26 PM
BuddyRevell
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, snap!

7/15/13 5:28 PM
brahmabull81
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its true though.
7/15/13 5:29 PM
THE_REAL_AMERICAN
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did he mean to say HUMBLE or RUMBLE ?

7/15/13 5:29 PM
Haulport
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson is being a jackass.

7/15/13 5:34 PM
TEX4N
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 5:42 PM
I AM A MOFO
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's easy to not see the difficulty when your idea of being humble is simply calling yourself "humble" while clowning on opponents while yelling insults, saying EVERY contender "doesn't deserve" to fight you, responding with lines like "who?" when asked about other big name fighters and much more.

The closest I've seen to Anderson being "humble" before this loss is when he was repeatedly calling out GSP while giving excuses for JBJ. He was definitely being "humble" about his expectations for himself at that point....

I've been saying it for years and was even banned in 09 for it....Anderson is/was one of the least "humble" figures in the sport. You can say it was justified, that he deserved to be cocky or full of himself, or whatever. But to actually say he was "humble" is just silly.
7/15/13 5:44 PM
Rudi

Haulport -

How the fuck is he being a jackass when Renzo has been talking shit first? Phone Post
7/15/13 5:47 PM
Kerouac

Rudi - 
Haulport -

How the fuck is he being a jackass when Renzo has been talking shit first? Phone Post

two hongs don't make a hight
7/15/13 5:51 PM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

Am I the only one who thinks he means it would be hard to be humble when your family is widely credited for modern mma, and I probably the most widely known name in mma, and not in a disrespectful way? Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 5:55 PM
NukSooCow
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Put yourself in Anderson's shoes and lets see you stay totally humble and never get cocky or make mistakes when you're rich as fuck and the greatest fighter on the planet. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 5:56 PM
I AM A MOFO
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi - 
Haulport -

I admit the Gracies aren't always humble people themselves by any means.

But the difference HERE is that Gracie was commenting on the opponent of a guy he trained, and was speaking from the heart and sharing an opinion many people and fighters have also voiced.

Anderson basically came back with a childish "NO YOU ARE!".

At any rate, I do NOT agree that Anderson was being a "jackass" here or that his statement was entirely unwarranted. Probably should have been aimed more directly at Renzo than Gracies in general though to be fair.

Just saying I could see why other people would react differently.
7/15/13 5:56 PM
garrote
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 5:58 PM
TuLegit

Whatever the gracies gloat in their grandfathers glory for days. Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 6:04 PM
slamming

This forum is so easily manipulated by a headline without any context.

Look, shiny objects! Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 6:06 PM
Rudi

And i dont think this is a diss. Phone Post
7/15/13 6:07 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That doesn't look like a diss Phone Post
7/15/13 6:08 PM
uberpinscher
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NukSooCow - Put yourself in Anderson's shoes and lets see you stay totally humble and never get cocky or make mistakes when you're rich as fuck and the greatest fighter on the planet. Phone Post 3.0
Vtfu u win Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 6:10 PM
12SixElbow
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I AM A MOFO - It's easy to not see the difficulty when your idea of being humble is simply calling yourself "humble" while clowning on opponents while yelling insults, saying EVERY contender "doesn't deserve" to fight you, responding with lines like "who?" when asked about other big name fighters and much more.

The closest I've seen to Anderson being "humble" before this loss is when he was repeatedly calling out GSP while giving excuses for JBJ. He was definitely being "humble" about his expectations for himself at that point....

I've been saying it for years and was even banned in 09 for it....Anderson is/was one of the least "humble" figures in the sport. You can say it was justified, that he deserved to be cocky or full of himself, or whatever. But to actually say he was "humble" is just silly.

Exactly... All Renzo did was point out that Anderson has never really been humble

7/15/13 6:13 PM
DiscipleDojo
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal - Am I the only one who thinks he means it would be hard to be humble when your family is widely credited for modern mma, and I probably the most widely known name in mma, and not in a disrespectful way? Phone Post 3.0

No. I read it similarly as well. Without context or nonverbal cues it can be read a few different ways.

7/15/13 6:21 PM
KZTT_W85
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiscipleDojo -
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal - Am I the only one who thinks he means it would be hard to be humble when your family is widely credited for modern mma, and I probably the most widely known name in mma, and not in a disrespectful way? Phone Post 3.0

No. I read it similarly as well. Without context or nonverbal cues it can be read a few different ways.

^ Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 6:22 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva is a special athlete.

He's got his own way of approaching fighting, and it has worked for him incredibly well.

We've heard so many times of fighters being defeated before the fight when fighting Silva and we've seen how he acts in the octagon.

It just didn't work last time.

So I won't bash him for being the way he is, I really think his mental game when he was on his run is what is mainly responsible for his success.

Anderson is the type of athlete you enjoy while they're around and you will never forget them. The guy will go down in history as an all time great and I hope he fight a few more years!

So I don't get the hate, especially when the guy barely speak english and Anderson is a private guy who doesn't reveal much in his interviews. (Like Water being the exception)
7/15/13 6:26 PM
Porkchop

He's right though.... The Gracies are non-stop Gracie marketing machines.

The two younger ones that are always doing the breakdowns annoy me the most.
7/15/13 6:27 PM
T Finley
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/15/13 6:31 PM
He's right. The Gracies have a reputation in Brazil for their history of arrogance. We view them a bit differently here in the states. I've actually looked up if there were any legit Luis França lineage instructors nearby because of it.
7/15/13 6:30 PM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

DiscipleDojo -

Agreed. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.