UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman vs Silva 2 Question

7/16/13 4:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stack321style
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So say Silva wins the 2nd fight of the two, who here believes it would be fair for Weidman to get an auto-rematch? I understand Silva got it mainly due to fact he ruled for so long (just how I think if GSP loses to Hendricks he will get auto-rematch) but being Weidman it would suck beating him in such devestating fashion only to lose to him and not get another chance at a rubber match.

So what do you all say, does Weidman automatically get a rematch if he loses to Silva?
7/16/13 5:10 AM
inspireduk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No immediate rematch. Weidman will have to earn it with 1 or 2 good wins.
I think if Silva wins, he will then immediately go down the super fight route. This loss messed up some pretty big paydays.
I can imagine Silva outright challenging Jones before Jones moves to Heavyweight Phone Post
7/16/13 5:15 AM
ChaosOverkill
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a Trilogy is what the UFC wants, just like boxing promoters love. Silva can still do the SUper fight with another one of his 9 remaining fights regardless.

7/16/13 5:19 AM
meekie01

Ifsilva does win I tgink it depends in what fashion he does it... if he comes in and completely destroys weidman (like gsp vs serra 2) then there will be no immediate rematch and weidmans win, just like serras will be classed a fluke.

If silva has trouble with him and it goes to a close points call etc than I think a rubber match is the only option. Phone Post
7/16/13 5:22 AM
eXtv
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Depends on how he loses. If it's a razor close decision or if he does a Chael and dominates Anderson for the better part of 5 rounds before being finished, I could see a rubber match being made.
7/16/13 5:49 AM
stack321style
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with most thinking if its close rubber match but I feel like it would have to be very close since Dana knows how much money super fights will make and would probably rather go down that road Phone Post
7/16/13 5:58 AM
Hocky Balboa
8668 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should Weidman lose the rematch, it's only fair that he wins "America's Next Top Chef," in order to earn the rubber match against Anderson.

Anyone that says otherwise, is a fanboy fuckhead. Phone Post
7/16/13 7:58 AM
stack321style

Hocky Balboa - Should Weidman lose the rematch, it's only fair that he wins "America's Next Top Chef," in order to earn the rubber match against Anderson.

I'm thinking needs to win next food network star Phone Post
7/16/13 8:31 AM
Mustard Tiger
431 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stack321style - 
Hocky Balboa - Should Weidman lose the rematch, it's only fair that he wins "America's Next Top Chef," in order to earn the rubber match against Anderson.

Cupcake Wars or GTFO.
7/16/13 8:52 AM
stack321style

Mustard Tiger -
stack321style - 

Cupcake Wars or GTFO.
Fuck yea Phone Post
7/16/13 8:56 AM
REDRUM_NYC

Threre will be no Hubber-Match after Weidman wins easy again :(

7/16/13 9:07 AM
BRZ

Well Chuck and Randy went at 3 times right. Weidman might not get the 3rd fight right away but after maybe just one win. Phone Post 3.0
7/16/13 9:18 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
818 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mustard Tiger -
stack321style - 

Cupcake Wars or GTFO.
He would have to beat Iron Chef Morimoto in a sushi challenge. Only then would he be ready for the rubber match. Phone Post 3.0
7/16/13 9:53 AM
yellow wrkahlc is dead

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -
Mustard Tiger -
stack321style - 

Cupcake Wars or GTFO.
He would have to beat Iron Chef Morimoto in a sushi challenge. Only then would he be ready for the rubber match. Phone Post 3.0
I was thinking gay drama Chef Ruble. Phone Post 3.0
7/16/13 11:37 AM
Ryan Black
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think they'd give Weidman the automatic rematch. If Anderson wins the rematch in December, I think they give Anderson some time off like every other year, then they let the next emerging perennial Middleweight Contender get the next shot. Bisping/Munoz winner, possibly. Bisping vs. Silva is a fight that would make them a lot of money anywhere... but especially in the UK market, or- with Bisping's fight-hyping mouth- the Brazilian market would go nuts for that fight IMO if Andy redeemed himself and Bisping started talking up a shitstorm about him.

On the other note you mentioned OP- I really hope they don't give GSP an automatic rematch. Just my opinion, but I have seen and spent money on PLENTY of GSP five-round headliners from Canada- and here's my FRAT about how I feel about that scenario...

If Hendricks beats GSP, I don't doubt it will be convincingly, and I doubt sincerely that there will be the widespread debate caused by the outcome of Silva/Weidman across the MMA community. Let GSP climb back up the ladder if he loses convincingly, it's only fair.

You know one thing's for sure: with a GSP loss, there's no way it'd go down like the Weidman/Silva fight did. GSP is a different type of athlete, fighter, and person entirely. Sure, Hendricks might end the fight via KO in the first half of the 2nd round- but it won't be due to GSP 'clowning' or taunting him.

This fight provided a very special and significant, complicated scenario with how it actually went down. I can't wait for this rematch to happen and for our questions to be answered. I highly doubt that GSP/Hendricks will provide the same conundrum; and henceforth- no super-intriguing, automatic rematch. Plus, GSP & Anderson have had very different UFC careers- one guy was undefeated, while the other improved with every fight, lost to arguably the best WW in the history of the sport (Hughes), came back- learned from it- and took the belt, then got caught in the biggest upset in UFC history, came back- dominated- and has been hanging on to that belt ever since, winning nothing but five-round decisions and taking his opponents to their limits. In my opinion, if GSP loses- whether it's by KO, TKO, or Decision- it will be convincingly, and it'll be somebody else's turn.

Just my opinion on that matter. Thank you for reading. :) Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.