UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fitch: I have fifeteen fights left in me

7/16/13 1:41 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Jon Fitch has been fightng professional for eleven years and at 35 years old has 30 professional fights, but according to his recent appearance on the MMA Hour, he still has plenty left in him:

"I think I put a lot of pressure on myself to make this debut the biggest debut I could. I was looking for something bigger," Fitch said. "I think this company put a lot of effort into promoting me and getting me out there and I wanted to step up and represent and help take World Series to that next level. Because I knew a lot of people would be watching after everything that's transpired over the last several months."

Yet, Fitch doesn't believe he's anywhere near being done. To hear him tell it, sure he had his hiccups in the UFC. And no, things didn't go well against Burkman. But he's ready to keep going. He's ready to be with WSOF for the long haul. He told Helwani he's eying five more years in the sport. If things go well and he can stay healthy, maybe 10. Either way, he'll be in his forties before he's ready to walk away from the sport and the loss to Burkman, if everything goes well, will be a distant memory.

"I figure three times a year, that's at least fifteen fights in five years if you're healthy," Fitch stated. "I think I have fifteen fights left in me."

read entire article...

7/16/13 1:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kingjames100
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Fitch: I have fifeteen fights left in me"

durrteen, foteen, fifeteen.
7/16/13 1:50 PM
Poptarts
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although Fitch has taken no real damage for the bulk of his career and relying on his skills, physical fitness and technique rather than athleticism, natural power or speed I always thought he was the type of fighter who could fight competitively into his 40s.

This being said, 15 fights against who? Look at his last 4 fights Hendricks, Silva, Maia, Burkmann. He went from looking like the number two guy to dropping right out of the top 10 over night...quite roughly might I add.

Is he saying that he has 15 fights in him because he needs the money that badly? Or is it really a statement based on passion and determination? Who's next for him in WSOF anyways?
7/16/13 1:53 PM
OGTT_Darth YOLO
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

15 more 3 round fights will kill any man. Phone Post 3.0
7/16/13 2:04 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitch has a real passion to fight. Gotta like that. I think he can start putting wins together again and maybe get back in the UFC if he is impressive enough Phone Post 3.0
7/16/13 2:16 PM
luctaro
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - Fitch has a real passion to fight. Gotta like that. I think he can start putting wins together again and maybe get back in the UFC if he is impressive enough Phone Post 3.0

Nah man UFC was a hostile work environment for him.
7/16/13 2:59 PM
MediumRareMistake
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fifeteen on the front page. Good work boys. Phone Post 3.0
7/16/13 3:09 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

luctaro -
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - Fitch has a real passion to fight. Gotta like that. I think he can start putting wins together again and maybe get back in the UFC if he is impressive enough Phone Post 3.0

Nah man UFC was a hostile work environment for him.
True. Its only a business where they make you get in a locked area and fight. Sounds hostile Phone Post 3.0
7/16/13 3:21 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MediumRareMistake - Fifeteen on the front page. Good work boys. Phone Post 3.0
Professional journalism at its finest Phone Post 3.0
7/16/13 5:11 PM
notsobigmike
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fifteen fights?! That's AT LEAST 5 more years of fighting. Probably closer to 7 or 8.

I mean, if you love it, do it, but DAMN. Especially seeing where he's at right now, that sounds more like a grind for the cash than anything else.
7/16/13 5:14 PM
stevekt
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kingjames100 - "Fitch: I have fifeteen fights left in me"

Oh my God! I'm sitting at my desk at work giggling like a little girl. Phone Post
7/16/13 5:52 PM
HandyDarsh
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds pretty boring Phone Post 3.0
7/16/13 6:05 PM
chupecabre
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kingjames100 - "Fitch: I have fifeteen fights left in me"

Priceless
7/16/13 7:13 PM
LyotoBundy
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So many rounds, so little action. Fitch has 225 minutes of pro hugging left in him. Phone Post
7/16/13 7:50 PM
RKing85
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well not fighting in the UFC any more, in theory he should be able to get in more fights per year now.
7/16/13 7:58 PM
demonsurge
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool, when you google 'fifeteen' it's all teenage girls on instagram and this article.

Good SEO work I guess...
7/17/13 9:30 AM
submitbitch

Why the number 15 might as well make it 20
7/17/13 10:09 AM
MMALOGIC

so he's essentially saying he got knocked out because he was trying to put on an exciting fight instead of the usual boring one.

7/17/13 12:54 PM
i remember halloween

I'm not going to watch any of them.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.