UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pettis: I'm not the same fighter

7/16/13 11:57 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
925 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Anthony Pettis has been a number one contender in the lightweight division for a while, and finally the circumstances have aligned and he will be granted a UFC lightweight title shot versus Benson Henderson. Henderson defeated Pettis by a slim margin for the final WEC lightweight title, but knows that neither him nor Benson are the same fighter they were for that fight:

"I was super ready for the Aldo fight. I was down to 160, I was cutting weight already, so my weight is perfect for 155," said Pettis. "A seven-week training camp is more than enough time. I'm always in shape so that's not an issue for me. I just feel like I have what it takes to beat this guy, man.

"I always knew this fight was going to happen. I've been thinking about this guy for two years now, so I go through this gameplan all the time -- how I'm going to fight him, how I'm going to beat him.

"[Henderson is] a whole new fighter, a way different fighter than he was in the WEC days. But I am, too. It's not like I'm the same Anthony Pettis you fought in Arizona. This is a totally different Anthony Pettis. It's funny because my last two fights, the world only got to see me perform for like two minutes, so no one really knows how much I've evolved as a fighter. I'm excited to get out there and show what I've been working on." 

read entire article...

7/17/13 12:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bekk46
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7 week camp? I thought he needed rehab for 3 weeks Phone Post 3.0
7/17/13 2:35 AM
Hairybog

I am so excited for this fight .. Lets hope it's a war!!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
7/17/13 2:37 AM
sockeye
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Henderson is smart, he'll just wrestle f*ck him. Pettis will win the stand up
7/17/13 3:27 AM
DontBeScaredGomi
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - 'Henderson defeated Pettis by a slim margin for the final WEC lightweight title, but knows that neither him nor Benson are the same fighter they were for that fight'

BEEP
Lol came to post the same Phone Post 3.0
7/17/13 3:57 AM
MMALOGIC

cant wait for this fight...  now let's also get Grant/josh thompson on the toronto card and we're kosher.

7/17/13 8:43 AM
Aaron Becker

I feel like Henderson would have evolved farther along with his 5 round title fights than what Pettis would have. But then Pettis has gotten real good at making sure his fights don't go the distance.
7/17/13 10:28 AM
Sandía

Shouldn't it read "Pettis defeated Henderson by a slim margin for the final WEC lightweight title" in the story?
7/17/13 11:56 AM
MediumRareMistake

Worried Pettis doesn't have enough of a camp but we'll see Phone Post 3.0
7/17/13 12:09 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think people, including myself, are forgetting how good of a fighter Henderson is.

He's won all those decisions, ass close as they were, and no one has come close to finishing him since Pettis.

Henderson has to be the fav. here.

Pettis has a chance, but to me, he has to finish to win, because I am not sure the Showtime Kick will make an appearance a second time vs the champ.
7/18/13 10:33 AM
OGT
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DontBeScaredGomi - 
ssj - 'Henderson defeated Pettis by a slim margin for the final WEC lightweight title, but knows that neither him nor Benson are the same fighter they were for that fight'

BEEP
Lol came to post the same Phone Post 3.0

7/18/13 10:37 AM
OGT
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zed Wayne Zed - I think people, including myself, are forgetting how good of a fighter Henderson is.

He's won all those decisions, ass close as they were, and no one has come close to finishing him since Pettis.

Henderson has to be the fav. here.

Pettis has a chance, but to me, he has to finish to win, because I am not sure the Showtime Kick will make an appearance a second time vs the champ.

how close is ass close? =)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.