UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Invicta has ZombieProphet's youtube shutdown!?

7/17/13 9:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz Styles
3257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shannon Knapp‏@shanknapp4m
@ZProphet_MMA @InvictaFights I've been out loop today & not working on the piracy issue. Send me email with ur info I'll see what I can do.

7/17/13 9:47 PM
B_Goetz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems crazy to think Invicta would forfeit their copyright just because someone did some basic work for them. I guess Ms. Knapp wants to stay on good terms with him since he's working for free, but that was overreaching, imo.

It's a matter of Youtube/Google's policy to delete accounts rather than individual videos. She didn't delete his youtube account.
7/17/13 9:55 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
328 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slowdiver - That sucks, But it could be a misunderstanding. Surely "Invicta" is compromised of many, many people and perhaps now that they have gone PPV part of the deal involves copyright watchdogs that are unaware of your previous agreement?

Shannon has been super cool and I'm sure you would agree that this seems a bit out of character.

"There are 3 sides to every story: yours, mine, and the truth in the middle"
Many people?

No way.

They are a small organization.

Regardless of how many people here talk about them, they are like ROH in the pro wrestling world.

Hardcore fans love them but they are a very small company.

This is a fucked up way to treat a grassroots supporter. Phone Post
7/17/13 9:57 PM
pegson123

They haven't. Enforced any copyright before. That's what has got ppl pissed. They went hardcore full violation. Phone Post
7/17/13 9:59 PM
Haadogei

Really dislike this mentality -

"I'm gonna do something for you, without asking, then later on you have to be my buddy and make me a part of your life.....otherwise I'm gonna scream bloody murder"

These people are trying to run a business, you're making yourself a big pain in the ass. Like Shannon Knapp really wants to deal with your Youtube account.

7/17/13 10:04 PM
Mayhem13
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
slamming - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

Good. He's a cunt anyway. 

Thats rich.

It's truth. GIFing events then throwing up water marks bigger than The Garv's and making money off it acting like he was apart ofthe production? Fuck that dude. 

Don't u have an Erin Toughill thread to go white knight in?

ZP is a good dude, and has helped out Fighters a good bit with his vids. Phone Post
7/17/13 10:04 PM
Haadogei

and also, people have a crazy view of the world around the internet. Invicta is a tiny startup company, probably not even close to making money....they don't have someone sitting there scouring Youtube trying to figure out what should get banned and what shouldn't.

It's probably automated like Wolfman said.
7/17/13 10:06 PM
I GOT WEE'D ON BY WEIDMAN
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gonna be going to the local stream for all my invicta shows from now on'

fuck them

7/17/13 10:34 PM
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/17/13 10:36 PM

As someone who has been on youtube for ages I am gonna go ahead and say that they don't do this manually. The system does it by their request but it's not a lets look up for these videos, there are millions of new videos uploaded daily. The thing is that Invicta has a choice, they can remove the videos or they can claim the videos and make money off the ads on youtube even if their videos are on 100s of different channels from random people. No way they would of known it hit ZP or whoever else for that matter.

7/17/13 10:39 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is done by youtube bot's 99.99% of the time how does he not know this?
7/17/13 10:43 PM
Porkchop

I LOVE GSP - pretty cunty of them.

7/17/13 10:54 PM
pegson123

YouTube has To be informed by the owner that they want the copyright enforced. Ppl are stupid. What. Do you think YouTube suddenly starts deciding what is copyright and what is not. Invicta had to of prompted YouTube to start enforcement. Phone Post
7/17/13 10:57 PM
pegson123

Lmao off at YouTube bots with no direction suddenly going after. Invicta videos. Phone Post
7/17/13 11:03 PM
Ocean6

Maybe it would be best to discuss the issue with people/Shannon at Invicta before throwing a public fit.

Makes ZP seem sot of childish and amatueristic.

ALWAYS give communication and compromise a chance before airing dirty laundry.
7/17/13 11:18 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Ocean6 - Maybe it would be best to discuss the issue with people/Shannon at Invicta before throwing a public fit.

Makes ZP seem sot of childish and amatueristic.

ALWAYS give communication and compromise a chance before airing dirty laundry.

Bingo. 

7/17/13 11:30 PM
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma interpreter -  ^Yeah, but it's not thatbig of a deal. I'm surprised a tech guy like him doesn't know about bot deletion.

Anyway, ZP is the best there is at getting .gifs up on fight nights. Phone Post

strong join date to post count ratio

7/17/13 11:38 PM
Porkchop

pegson123 -  YouTube has To be informed by the owner that they want the copyright enforced. Ppl are stupid. What. Do you think YouTube suddenly starts deciding what is copyright and what is not. Invicta had to of prompted YouTube to start enforcement. Phone Post

This is true. I run a fairly popular youtube page and have dealt with them for awhile.

Youtube doesn't give a fuck about copyright. In fact, videos that are infringing copyright are usually the ones that get the most views and youtube makes money from that.

Youtube takes them down when they have to. Many videos are on youtube that have no right being there, but the companies who own the rights just don't bother to file a copyright claim.

There is a lot of money to be made on youtube and youtube takes a cut of that money. The money I make every month, they take like 10-15% of it. They benefit when videos are left on that could be taken down.

The problem is, for them and those who post these videos, that the law requires them to comply and take them down.

There is absolutely no motive for youtube to take down videos that infringe on the copyright of other people. They don't care at all. The only time they care is when their hand is forced to do it.
7/17/13 11:41 PM
ThunderDove

I look at this situation like all things that happen the first time.

Shit happens.

As long as whoever screwed up makes it right, no harm, no foul. Phone Post
7/18/13 7:22 PM
stu3ufc

I think invicta should be grateful for ZP's help. Maybe they took the video down without realizing who had uploaded it.

what can you do? I think Shannon Knapp should bow down to ZP and kiss his hand
7/18/13 7:54 PM
BRZ

stu3ufc - I think invicta should be grateful for ZP's help. Maybe they took the video down without realizing who had uploaded it.

what can you do? I think Shannon Knapp should bow down to ZP and kiss his hand
ZP said his name was on it so its not like they didn't know. Either way Shannon doesn't go looking on yt to take stuff down. Also if take take someone else video than you have to take down all. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 10:39 PM
CindyO

Haadogei - 
Really dislike this mentality -

"I'm gonna do something for you, without asking, then later on you have to be my buddy and make me a part of your life.....otherwise I'm gonna scream bloody murder"

These people are trying to run a business, you're making yourself a big pain in the ass. Like Shannon Knapp really wants to deal with your Youtube account.

Ouch.

Cindy

7/19/13 2:45 AM
Joe Lauzon
805 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Twitter, Director of Awesome
Instead of blasting them, get Shannon to email YouTube and remove the strike(s). Super easy to do and it will restore your channel. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 6:37 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

Sucks.man Phone Post
7/19/13 7:53 AM
Steve4192
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MRXC - But, but WMMA is the greatest thing ever. Every fight is the most exciting fight I've ever seen. Shannon Knapp is my hero. Every other MMA company should put on cards like Invicta. But, but.

Typical promoter BS.

If Bjorn did this people would go on and on for a month like he kicked their dog.

Bjorn wouldn't kick anyone's dog.

That is ludicrous.

He'd drive a spike through it's head.
7/19/13 8:17 AM
xaeo

lol at zombie reacting like a 12 year old girl. I assume this so I'm gonna cry and slander them to EVERYONE. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.