UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> I'm a Professional Investigator AMA(by request)

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
7/17/13 7:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GOREILLAMAN
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Role model asked that I do this thread.

I'm a Professional Investigator, not a private investigator. I get hired by DAs and Agencies to perform investigations, interviews, background checks and special interrogations.

I'll answer whatever I can in this thread. Phone Post
7/17/13 7:47 PM
logic672
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are the most common interrogation tactics you use that people fall for? Phone Post
7/17/13 7:47 PM
Augustus Caesar
923 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did you get involved in this occupation? 

7/17/13 7:50 PM
GOREILLAMAN
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/17/13 7:50 PM
edit to rewrite.
7/17/13 7:51 PM
GOREILLAMAN

Augustus Caesar - 

How did you get involved in this occupation? 

After college I was recruited by the DIA. Was there for about 4 years and then got this job.
7/17/13 7:52 PM
clattymine
453 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is your name Tobias? I met a guy with that name that does the same thing and lives in CO, which I think you do too.
7/17/13 7:54 PM
GOREILLAMAN

logic672 -  What are the most common interrogation tactics you use that people fall for? Phone Post

It really just depends on the person, their situation, their past, and the current situation. I never have, and never will, get physical.
7/17/13 7:54 PM
GOREILLAMAN

MGT - So...what is it you do? Phone Post 3.0

Sorry to be kind of vague.
7/17/13 7:55 PM
GOREILLAMAN

clattymine - Is your name Tobias? I met a guy with that name that does the same thing and lives in CO, which I think you do too.

I am in CO, but my name is not Tobias. I'd be interested to meet him though.
7/17/13 8:59 PM
RONINXOM
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you feel about the REID interview technique? Any training you recommend for LEOs? Phone Post 3.0
7/17/13 9:18 PM
GOREILLAMAN

RONINXOM - How do you feel about the REID interview technique? Any training you recommend for LEOs? Phone Post 3.0

It has it's uses. The problem I've seen with it though, is that a lot of guys that learn it, will only use it, and nothing else. That's obviously not a problem with the technique itself. However, I'm not an expert in it, but I have also heard that it has a high risk of false positives.

Most of the courses I took were through DIA, but I've heard good things about DynCorps' course.
7/17/13 9:19 PM
Grouch
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. How often are you hired to catch a cheating husband and successfully catch him in the act.

2. How many times have you jerked off while catching them in the act. Phone Post
7/17/13 9:21 PM
GOREILLAMAN

Grouch -  1. How often are you hired to catch a cheating husband and successfully catch him in the act.

2. How many times have you jerked off while catching them in the act. Phone Post

I'm guessing you didn't even read the original post. (all 3 lines of it)

But I jerk off every chance I get of course.
7/17/13 9:41 PM
Meastt
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am currently a detective for a federal police agency, kinda low end on the GS pay scale (07/09). Cover a lot of financial crimes and some other run of the mill things, anything bigger gets referred to OIG Special Agents.....I have considered private sector but I am always so concerned with stability....what do you think? is your market/field a stable one in the private sector? and is the pay any good from what you have seen?

I'm in Atlanta.
7/17/13 9:42 PM
Grouch
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GOREILLAMAN -
Grouch -  1. How often are you hired to catch a cheating husband and successfully catch him in the act.

When i originally read it i could have sworn it said you worked for the DIA. I figured it was a company name or something.

New question:
1. Do you have to testify in court against someone youre hired to look into.

2. Can you do things cops cant or need a warrant for? Such as snooping inside someones house without their knowledge. Phone Post
7/17/13 9:42 PM
derelict
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GOREILLAMAN -

Lol Phone Post 3.0
7/17/13 9:46 PM
foggybottom
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Explain why your role model urged you to start an AMA thread on the OG...

7/17/13 9:46 PM
GOREILLAMAN

Meastt - I am currently a detective for a federal police agency, kinda low end on the GS pay scale (07/09). Cover a lot of financial crimes and some other run of the mill things, anything bigger gets referred to OIG Special Agents.....I have considered private sector but I am always so concerned with stability....what do you think? is your market/field a stable one in the private sector? and is the pay any good from what you have seen?

I'm in Atlanta.

Private sector money is generally better than GOV money. If you're looking for private sector + stability, I've heard that OPM contractors make fairly good money.
7/17/13 9:47 PM
GOREILLAMAN

Grouch - 
GOREILLAMAN -

When i originally read it i could have sworn it said you worked for the DIA. I figured it was a company name or something.

New question:
1. Do you have to testify in court against someone youre hired to look into.

2. Can you do things cops cant or need a warrant for? Such as snooping inside someones house without their knowledge. Phone Post

DIA = Defense Intelligence Agency

1. Yes, I have testified in court.

2. No. I don't do anything illegal.
7/17/13 9:47 PM
GOREILLAMAN

foggybottom - 

Not sure if serious...

but, "role model" is the sn of somebody on the OG.
7/17/13 9:50 PM
foggybottom
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GOREILLAMAN - 
foggybottom - 

Not sure if serious...

but, "role model" is the sn of somebody on the OG.

I knew that all along.

Really...

7/17/13 10:04 PM
GOREILLAMAN

Strange Brew -

Schooling/pay?

I got my bachelor's in International Affairs from Columbia, a Masters in Business and Organizational Security Management from Webster, and then have taken numerous classes on investigation, behavior analysis, etc.
The pay is good, but I'm in kind of a niche classification. Phone Post
7/17/13 10:08 PM
iHazpoopz
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many wifes really are fucking black guys?

7/17/13 10:12 PM
Steven McTowelie
421 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who did it? Phone Post 3.0
7/17/13 10:12 PM
GOREILLAMAN

IDOHARM - What's the shittiest thing you've found out about somebody? Phone Post 3.0
Terrorist. Phone Post
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.