UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rogan: Mayweather gets killed by average wrestler

7/22/13 11:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Animal Mother
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thegoldenboy -
ryans - Ok so sucker punch > wrestling... What about the sucker powerdouble?

No can defend? or yes can defend? YOU DECIDE!
Take the piss as much as you want. I never said boxing was more useful than wrestling for a 1 vs 1 organised fight. What I'm saying is boxing is the BEST style for the street.

It gets the fucking job done faster than anything else and doesn't put you in danger like wrestling or BJJ. Even MMA fighters tend to box in the street, thats why Tito Ortiz got knocked out by Lee Murray with about two punches you fucking moron. Of course Lee would get killed by Tito in the cage but the street is different. Now imagine what a boxer would do to Lee Murray. Phone Post 3.0
Now there we have it. You're upset because you're a Brit and you guys can't wrestle for shit. I'm willing to bet PBF can't sprawl on a d3 wrestler let alone a d1, he'll maybe even a high school state champ. Then again you can't have a knowledgeable opinion on this because discussing wrestling with a Brit is like explaining well, wrestling to a Brit. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 11:29 AM
thegoldenboy

Animal Mother -
thegoldenboy -

Take the piss as much as you want. I never said boxing was more useful than wrestling for a 1 vs 1 organised fight. What I'm saying is boxing is the BEST style for the street.

It gets the fucking job done faster than anything else and doesn't put you in danger like wrestling or BJJ. Even MMA fighters tend to box in the street, thats why Tito Ortiz got knocked out by Lee Murray with about two punches you fucking moron. Of course Lee would get killed by Tito in the cage but the street is different. Now imagine what a boxer would do to Lee Murray. Phone Post 3.0
Now there we have it. You're upset because you're a Brit and you guys can't wrestle for shit. I'm willing to bet PBF can't sprawl on a d3 wrestler let alone a d1, he'll maybe even a high school state champ. Then again you can't have a knowledgeable opinion on this because discussing wrestling with a Brit is like explaining well, wrestling to a Brit. Phone Post 3.0
I've trained MMA for two years at a top MMA gym home to UFC fighters. I've also been in numerous street fights and have relied on nothing but my boxing. So I'm not bias in my comments at all. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 11:34 AM
thegoldenboy

Animal Mother -
thegoldenboy -

I was seeking an amateur career if not a professional one in MMA but have recently switched to boxing. So I can definitely see both sides of the argument. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 11:38 AM
thegoldenboy

Animal Mother -
thegoldenboy -

And no I'm not British...don't know why you assumed that. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 12:03 PM
Animal Mother

thegoldenboy -
Animal Mother -
thegoldenboy -

I've trained MMA for two years at a top MMA gym home to UFC fighters. I've also been in numerous street fights and have relied on nothing but my boxing. So I'm not bias in my comments at all. Phone Post 3.0
This is the funniest of all. So you've trained 2 YEARS and all of the sudden you fancy yourself an expert on the matter. Just stop, you have no idea what you're talking about. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 12:18 PM
thegoldenboy

Animal Mother -
thegoldenboy -
Animal Mother -
thegoldenboy -

This is the funniest of all. So you've trained 2 YEARS and all of the sudden you fancy yourself an expert on the matter. Just stop, you have no idea what you're talking about. Phone Post 3.0
Not an expert but I know enough. Your a fucking idiot, but then again I proved that 10 posts ago. Fuck off then. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 12:19 PM
HexRei

thegoldenboy - 
Animal Mother -
thegoldenboy -

I was seeking an amateur career if not a professional one in MMA but have recently switched to boxing. So I can definitely see both sides of the argument. Phone Post 3.0

Actually that makes it sound like you couldn't really cut it in MMA and are now real hot on boxing instead, which explains your point of view
7/22/13 12:24 PM
Animal Mother

You have no significant perspective on this concept whatsoever besides being a douche who gets in street fights. No one cares about your white belt in MMA. We get it, you like boxing. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 12:26 PM
Animal Mother

It's gotta be the most common lie you hear from attention seeking guys like this.

"Bro, I was about to be a pro fighter but you know, it just didn't work out"

Sure you were buddy, sure you were. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 12:58 PM
BshMstr
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armbarseverywhere - 
thegoldenboy - 
tenchu - "The wrestler would get knocked out before they shot. I've already explained a dozen fucking times why that would happen. Before the fight even starts the wrestler would get hit hard with some seriously powerful and accurate shots straight to the chin. "

People made this assumption before the UFC and got a rude awakening.

Easier said than done.
You talk of the cage not the street. I've mentioned that many times. You are PREPARED in the cage to do what you have to do to win. The street is a different animal. Phone Post 3.0

How is someone who trains MMA any less "prepared" for a fight than someone who trains straight boxing? GSP puts in plenty of time in boxing gyms. You claim it takes "one punch" to end a fight. What if it's Johnny Hendricks throwing the first punch?

Why aren't people in the military trained to do straight boxing compared to what they're actually being taught. You claim street effective fighting, how much more street can you get than war? These guys are taught - kicks, punches, throws, chokes, weapons, clinching, grappling.. Sounds a lot like MMA to me.

honestly, i think that there are a lot of reasons as to why the Army doesn't just use boxing...

the current Modern Army Combatives Program (MACP) is based off of the Gracie JJ blue belt curriculum (but don't confuse this as a sport only style). it is quit useful for a non-lethal use of force, which the military doesn't have a lot of. there are some strikes integrated (boxing and MT), but not like the 70's era crap, which was largely based off TKD (not knocking TKD, it's just really hard to throw head kicks in ACU's, boots, body armor, LCE, etc).

i've seen quite a few "street fights" where people were successful based off a quick and violent flurry. obviously being well trained and well rounded is advantageous, but not always necessary...

7/22/13 1:00 PM
BshMstr
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Quite, not quit.
7/22/13 3:15 PM
thegoldenboy

HexRei -
thegoldenboy - 
Animal Mother -
thegoldenboy -

Actually that makes it sound like you couldn't really cut it in MMA and are now real hot on boxing instead, which explains your point of view
Hahahah. First post that made me laugh. Are you truly mentally retarded? Do you have any idea how competitive boxing is. Do you know how many people are brought up from the age of 5 to do nothing but box. MMA is very young compared to boxing, there is much less money in it and it is a hell of a lot easier to turn pro.

The chances of becoming a successful boxer is similar to the chances of becoming a successful footballer or tennis player. MMA has 10% of the talent that boxing has you fucking idiot. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 3:18 PM
thegoldenboy

Animal Mother - You have no significant perspective on this concept whatsoever besides being a douche who gets in street fights. No one cares about your white belt in MMA. We get it, you like boxing. Phone Post 3.0
I don't know you so I'm not going to say I'd beat the shit out of you but I'm pretty damn confident that if I kept my work ethic up I'd turn professional at some point in MMA. Also I love both sports, just stating what's more useful for the street through common sense. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 3:22 PM
thegoldenboy

Animal Mother - It's gotta be the most common lie you hear from attention seeking guys like this.

"Bro, I was about to be a pro fighter but you know, it just didn't work out"

Sure you were buddy, sure you were. Phone Post 3.0
I NEVER said I was "about to become a pro fighter but it didn't work out". I just said I was SEEKING an amateur MMA career if not a professional one and that I recently switched to boxing ( a long, hard and very tiresome decision to make). Learn to read you illiterate cunt. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 3:24 PM
yomamafool

boxing is best in the street.

if a wrestler walked up on floyd in a bar he would get flash ko'd
7/22/13 3:27 PM
thegoldenboy

yomamafool - boxing is best in the street.

if a wrestler walked up on floyd in a bar he would get flash ko'd
Congratulations. You have something called logic and common sense. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 3:44 PM
man meets fate

Joe knows what he ia talking about. He has willy pepp dvd's
7/22/13 4:05 PM
man meets fate

I'm sorry but your average wrestler, pure bjj or judoka who has never been in a fight can even touch mayweather. He has the speed, movement, footowork and reflexes that you just can't prepare for.
7/22/13 4:18 PM
Animal Mother

Can Floyd stop a takedown? That is the ONLY question that matters. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 4:28 PM
HexRei

thegoldenboy - 
HexRei -
thegoldenboy - 
Animal Mother -
thegoldenboy -

Hahahah. First post that made me laugh. Are you truly mentally retarded? Do you have any idea how competitive boxing is. Do you know how many people are brought up from the age of 5 to do nothing but box. MMA is very young compared to boxing, there is much less money in it and it is a hell of a lot easier to turn pro.

The chances of becoming a successful boxer is similar to the chances of becoming a successful footballer or tennis player. MMA has 10% of the talent that boxing has you fucking idiot. Phone Post 3.0

Ooh, looks like I touched a nerve. Maybe when you fail out of boxing next week you can come back and let us know how kung fu is the true master fighting style.
9/14/13 7:54 PM
MMA Playwright
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know who he could beat and who he couldn't, but "Pretty Boy" Floyd "Money" Mayweather has certainly made a lot of money at his job.
9/14/13 8:11 PM
pollice_verso
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A grappler always has a puncher's chance.

A puncher rarely has a grappler's chance.
9/14/13 8:18 PM
Seats Taken
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm an average Wrestler and average BJJ'r

Set it up. Show me the money. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 8:40 PM
Jaybrone
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe is right and its no secret.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.