UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rogan: Mayweather gets killed by average wrestler

7/18/13 5:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gomrad
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MTH -
MattyJ - 
Tilla -
MTH - 

Joe was perhaps a little more combative than he needed to be in the interview, but he is, obviously, correct. 

I mean let's be honest.  I'm a 180 lb blue belt.  I'm reasonably athletic and in good physical condition.  So long as Mayweather doesn't fire the first punch and assuming he has white belt level grappling, then I'd expect I'd more than likely beat him in a street fight.  Unless he could KO me on the way in, stop my takedowns, or hold me off once we're down, I wouldn't think he'd really have much of an offense to speak of honestly.

I would not say the same about some of even the amateur MMA fighters at my gym.  We've got a guy prepping for his debut at 155 lbs, and I have no reason to believe he wouldn't beat me to death in a real fight.  Mayweather wouldn't stand a chance.  And the UFC-level fighters?  Forget about it.  Straight mauling. 

All due respect, but Floyd is POSSIBLY the best Boxer ON EARTH.

He'd knock you silly. You'd be unhealthy once he's finished with you...

Your Blue Belt? Means nothing.

Makes me laugh how you can disrespect a Pro Boxer like that. You've NEVER encountered movement like that. Ever.

He did say provided Floyd doesn't get the first punch in/stop the takedown etc which is entirely right, obviously if Floyd started throwing he's going to light your average guy up before he even knows he's been hit but if a blue belt got a hold of him then he's going to strangle him/break something . Phone Post 3.0

Exactly.  I'm not delusional about my "special" abilities or unaware of Floyd's phenomenal abilities. 

Floyd hits me--and I'm done.  He could light me up in ways they'd have to tell me about in the hospital once I woke up.  I would never be so stupid as to claim anything else. 

I'm just saying that with a significant weight advantage, a legit and aggressive blue belt is probably going to manhandle a boxer PROVIDED that the boxer has no grappling training to speak of and the blue belt doesn't get clocked on the way in. 

It's Art Jimmerson all over again.  That's all. 

Jimmerman is not PBF and you are not Royce Gracie Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 5:02 PM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Depends on the type of wrestler...if it is a very defensive wrestler that relies on counters he would get KTFO badly, but if it was an aggressive wrestler with a quick shot then Pretty Boy would be in trouble.
You have to respect the fact the PBF is a fucking amazing athlete, so not just any joe that can shoot a double is going to take him down.
Also i think it depends very much on the setting, in a cage PBF would do better because there would be no way to corner him, he would be VERY difficult to shoot on if he can move all he wants. Ironically a boxing ring would be beneficial for a wrestler.
7/18/13 5:04 PM
Tehunamatata
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Matt - I don't know how many times we have to go through this. Rogan said an average college wrestler. I have a friend who was a 2 time High School State champion and was an average college wrestler. Don't underestimate how dangerous an "average" college wrester is. Also, Art Jimmerson is probably the most made fun of fighter in the history of MMA but at one point in his boxing career he was 31-6 with the IBC Americas Light Heavyweight Championship and lost fights for the NABF Cruiserweight and NABF Light Heavyweight Championships. Jimmerson was a very accomplished boxer and he tapped to nothing. James Toney was mauled by Randy Couture. Mercer kayoed Silvia who was never very good at jits and had no wrestling background. I agree 1000% with Rogan. And for all you boxers who are hating on jits guys for not wanting to spar, at my gym the boxers certainly aren't running for the mats to roll with us, I spar all the time with them. Arguing for boxing is assine.

Exactly - its like arguing with children who have been told Santa Clause doesnt exist...
7/18/13 5:06 PM
Gomrad
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crsjedi1 -

If floyd jr. and Benson Henderson met in a park,"without Floyds goons around" and they got into it? Bendo is at dinner by 5 and floyd is still getting treated at the hospital..... FACT

^^^. This... Yes... All day

But Benson is a world champion not a blue belt who wrestles in pajamas 2-3 night a week for an hour Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 5:11 PM
Gomrad

SquishyCheeks -
supremexb - 
SquishyCheeks -
supremexb - To the guy that thinks he would beat Floyd in a street fight, you would wake up in the hospital not even knowing what happened? yes Floyd would lose an mms fight to pro mms fighters but he's not losing in the street to blue belts that's stupid. Phone Post 3.0

That doesn't make sense. A street fight has less rules than an MMA match. Only the rules save a boxer from a rounded MMA fighter. That's just an undeniable fact.

The only difference it being a street fight would make, is that the MMA fighter would 12-6 elbows and head-but and soccer kick and knee the head when they're down. etc.
So Floyd is losing street fights to anyone that's done a year of bjj in some strip mall? Give me a fucking break. Street fights 9 times out if ten start with fists. Floyd throws one punch and it's over the average schmo never sees it coming. Phone Post 3.0

Notice how you're forced to reach toward the extreme? Sure, Floyd would have a great chance against somebody with almost no training.

A solid highschool wrestler beats Floyd 9/10 times. JJ just makes it easier.

Or, does Floyd have some training that I'm not considering? Did Floyd wrestle or anything? I honestly don't know.
"Solid HS wrestler beats World Champion Prize Fighter 9 out 10 times in a fight"

I pray you are trolling Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 5:11 PM
GreySkull
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8flat -
boxingman - man this is retarded

how many fcuking real street fights has rogan been in or even seen

street fights are not mma,
they are quick and dirty

and going to the ground is the dumbest idea there is
if your a real fight,

ie. fights are rarely 1-1
which means grappling gets u fucked up

and there is stuff like biting and low blows etc
not to mention weapons

as someone who grew up in russia and later
lived in a black area when i moved
and worked as a bouncer

trust boxers always do great in street fights
and most of their fights last as long as it takes to throw a few punches

ps i have boxed for 10 years and am a bjj blue belt,also wreslted a bit too
but real life teaches you
motherfucker you gotta hit

you take someone down???
his bro,kicks your fucking head in
seen this quite times
working at clubs

but i know little rich boys who 300 dollars a mouth to their bjj gyms, think mma is real fighting
because they never been in a fight
and when they get into a fight
they will call the cops
end of story

Very good point, a friend of mine took a guy down in a barfight and got stabbed by his buddy.
Went to a Royce Gracie seminar years ago. And pretty much there was no shoot into your opponent in a street fight unless the Tarmac was made of jelly and you don't mind you busting your knees.

Crazy I know Royce talking about shooting in. :) Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 5:15 PM
Vikingknee
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SquishyCheeks - Obvious, and you don't need to use little Floyd as an example. Any HW boxing contender, would lose to any UFC contender (of any division).

Don't care if it's Dodson against a Klitschko brother. He would dive on a leg and the fight is over.
Um no Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 5:18 PM
Vikingknee

Gomrad -
E55 Pilot - LOL @ 6 months of sprawl training helping you against an average division 1 wrestler. Your average division 1 wrester is a high school state champion, national placer, all American etc. Non wrestlers have no idea about what it takes to get to that level and I can promise you that 6 months or even 2 years of "sprawl training" isn't going to do shit for you against someone at that level. I'll even go as far as saying that a high school all American will roll up anyone with only 6 months to 2 years of sprawl training and that includes Mayweather.
Jesus Christ now high school kids can beat Floyd in a fight?!? WTF guys... I have taught in public high schools and coached wrestling for 16 years. A kid on my team even won USA Wrestling Junior National Championship in Fargo this week...
I believe there are some HS wrestlers that could beat some pro boxers in a fight sure. But becoming a HS all American is not enough to give you the nod against a world champion boxer...

If I am being trolled then bravo fellas Phone Post 3.0
Um you take a state champion wrestler from any legit state and they would absolutely tool mayweather. With a big weight difference no hence my last quote but similar weights yes. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 5:20 PM
Tehunamatata
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gomrad - 
crsjedi1 -

If floyd jr. and Benson Henderson met in a park,"without Floyds goons around" and they got into it? Bendo is at dinner by 5 and floyd is still getting treated at the hospital..... FACT

But Benson is a world champion not a blue belt who wrestles in pajamas 2-3 night a week for an hour Phone Post 3.0

like ive been saying 2-3 nights a week in pajams is still way more then floyd trains (in takedowns)
Gomrad

boxingman - man this is retarded

how many fcuking real street fights has rogan been in or even seen

street fights are not mma,
they are quick and dirty

and going to the ground is the dumbest idea there is
if your a real fight,

ie. fights are rarely 1-1
which means grappling gets u fucked up

and there is stuff like biting and low blows etc
not to mention weapons

as someone who grew up in russia and later
lived in a black area when i moved
and worked as a bouncer

trust boxers always do great in street fights
and most of their fights last as long as it takes to throw a few punches

ps i have boxed for 10 years and am a bjj blue belt,also wreslted a bit too
but real life teaches you
motherfucker you gotta hit

you take someone down???
his bro,kicks your fucking head in
seen this quite times
working at clubs

but i know little rich boys who 300 dollars a mouth to their bjj gyms, think mma is real fighting
because they never been in a fight
and when they get into a fight
they will call the cops
end of story

Voted up Phone Post 3.0
supremexb

Thankfully some realistic posters entered this thread. I thought i was taking crazy pills.
madbanker
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a blue belt (got it in 1999) and I would bet a million I could beat him in sub 1 minute if he wasn't running away. And yes he would ko me in less than that time if I wasnt allowed to grapple. Easy concept. 50 cent took him down. Are we going to say he is a badass without a gun? Phone Post
7/18/13 5:23 PM
Gomrad

I started wrestling in 1988, grappling in 1995 and bounced during and after college.... Real fighting is not what a lot people want to think it is.. What you do at the strip mall mcdojo on your knees is not fighting Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 5:29 PM
Tehunamatata

agreed - so Floyds only chance is either

-sucker punch (like ortiz)
-bottle over the head
-gang of thugs
7/18/13 5:31 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

neil11 - I disagree with Joe.
I clearly remember seeing FMJ smack the shit out of the Big Show! Phone Post 3.0

Lol
7/18/13 5:32 PM
ItBurnsWheniOG
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tehunamatata -
Gomrad - 
crsjedi1 -

like ive been saying 2-3 nights a week in pajams is still way more then floyd trains (in takedowns)
You're right but how do you get down a world class athlete like Floyd? Do you think you're scrambling in on him without getting your nose broken? You act likes he's gonna stand in front of you and let you take him down. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 5:32 PM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sure it's already been stated, but an average wrestler at the college level is hardly "average" as far as athletic ability and the level of skill they had to posses to get to that level. Taken in context it's a valid point. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 5:42 PM
Animal Mother

E55 Pilot - LOL @ 6 months of sprawl training helping you against an average division 1 wrestler. Your average division 1 wrester is a high school state champion, national placer, all American etc. Non wrestlers have no idea about what it takes to get to that level and I can promise you that 6 months or even 2 years of "sprawl training" isn't going to do shit for you against someone at that level. I'll even go as far as saying that a high school all American will roll up anyone with only 6 months to 2 years of sprawl training and that includes Mayweather.
This Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 5:42 PM
Animal Mother

Sliva_Plated_Fedor -
zFugitive - Didn't James Toney vs Couture already prove this point?
How about Ray Mercer KO'ing Tim Sylvia in an MMA match?? Phone Post 3.0
Tim Sylvia has been a black eye for Mma for quite some time. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 5:45 PM
E55 Pilot

"Real" fighting is inflicting as much damage to the other guy in the shortest amount of time possible thereby either making the other guy lose the will to fight or ending any possibility of him being able to harm you. In saying that, Mayweather would have to get within reach of a blast double AND connect with a clean shot in order to stop an onslaught from a good wrestler. I'm assuming for the sake of argument here that we are talking about a one on one fight without his bodyguards and friends jumping in. Otherwise, we would never know who would win because he would never get into an altercation himself. His buddies would handle it.

I would say that he would connect with a fight ending punch in that situation 1 out of 20 times. The other 19 times, he would be pummeled into oblivion.
7/18/13 5:47 PM
ausgepicht

Tilla - 
MTH - 

Joe was perhaps a little more combative than he needed to be in the interview, but he is, obviously, correct. 

I mean let's be honest.  I'm a 180 lb blue belt.  I'm reasonably athletic and in good physical condition.  So long as Mayweather doesn't fire the first punch and assuming he has white belt level grappling, then I'd expect I'd more than likely beat him in a street fight.  Unless he could KO me on the way in, stop my takedowns, or hold me off once we're down, I wouldn't think he'd really have much of an offense to speak of honestly.

I would not say the same about some of even the amateur MMA fighters at my gym.  We've got a guy prepping for his debut at 155 lbs, and I have no reason to believe he wouldn't beat me to death in a real fight.  Mayweather wouldn't stand a chance.  And the UFC-level fighters?  Forget about it.  Straight mauling. 

All due respect, but Floyd is POSSIBLY the best Boxer ON EARTH.

He'd knock you silly. You'd be unhealthy once he's finished with you...

Your Blue Belt? Means nothing.

Makes me laugh how you can disrespect a Pro Boxer like that. You've NEVER encountered movement like that. Ever.

MTH would murder Gayweather and so wouldn't anyone with a few months training in MMA. You suffer from what is called UFC 8 syndrome.

7/18/13 5:50 PM
Entreri

Joe is correct.
7/18/13 5:57 PM
supremexb

Edited: 07/18/13 6:02 PM
<blockquote>ausgepicht - <blockquote>Tilla - <blockquote>MTH - <p><br /> Joe was perhaps a little more combative than he needed to be in the interview, but he is, obviously, correct. </p><br /><p><br /> I mean let's be honest.  I'm a 180 lb blue belt.  I'm reasonably athletic and in good physical condition.  So long as Mayweather doesn't fire the first punch and assuming he has white belt level grappling, then I'd expect I'd more than likely beat him in a street fight.  Unless he could KO me on the way in, stop my takedowns, or hold me off once we're down, I wouldn't think he'd really have much of an offense to speak of honestly.</p><br /><p><br /> I would not say the same about some of even the amateur MMA fighters at my gym.  We've got a guy prepping for his debut at 155 lbs, and I have no reason to believe he wouldn't beat me to death in a real fight.  Mayweather wouldn't stand a chance.  And the UFC-level fighters?  Forget about it.  Straight mauling. </p></blockquote><br />All due respect, but Floyd is POSSIBLY the best Boxer ON EARTH.<br /><br />He'd knock you silly. You'd be unhealthy once he's finished with you...<br /><br />Your Blue Belt? Means nothing.<br /><br />Makes me laugh how you can disrespect a Pro Boxer like that. You've NEVER encountered movement like that. Ever.<br /><br /></blockquote><br /><p><br /> <strong style="font-size: small; line- 20.796875 background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Member Since:</strong><span style="font-size: small; line- 20.796875 background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> 10/13/12</span></p><br /><p><br /> <span style="font-size: small; line- 20.796875 background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">MTH would murder Gayweather and so wouldn't anyone with a few months training in MMA. You suffer from what is called UFC 8 syndrome.</span></p></blockquote><br />

Sweet so in a couple of months i'll be able to beat one of the greatest boxers of all time in a street fight!!!!
7/18/13 6:00 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. OR

7/18/13 6:07 PM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boxing and MMA are two different sports and should not be compared to each other, sure PBF would get his ass handed to him in a cage fight, but the same would happen to GSP if he fought Alverez in a boxing match.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.