UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rogan: Mayweather gets killed by average wrestler

7/18/13 8:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jcblass
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/18/13 8:35 PM
This works only if you are not a former UFC champion named Tim Sylvia, fighting a 50 year old, over the hill, mid-tier contender heavyweight.

:)

Edited:

I see several people correctly pointed this out already.
7/18/13 8:36 PM
TexDeuce
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any college wrestler worth half a shit would easily take down Floyd and do as he wishes to him.

Boxing is great but only helps if you can keep it on your feet. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 8:55 PM
thegoldenboy

TexDeuce - Any college wrestler worth half a shit would easily take down Floyd and do as he wishes to him.

Yeah in the cage where the wrestler is completely prepared and knows exactly what he has to do to win. However, in the streets the wrestler would very likely get knocked the fucked out before he even thought of taking him down, and if he did take him down I'm pretty sure Floyd's friends would stomp the shit out of him.
7/18/13 9:02 PM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thegoldenboy has a decent point. In a fight where neither person was aware what the other persons skill set was, I would favor the boxer most times simply because even a pure wrestler is going to rightly assume he holds a significant strength advantage over most people and punch at the outset assuming they can take it to the ground at anytime if needed. In most cases they would likely be right.

The only point I would modify slightly is (in a one on one fight) if the wrestler felt he was at a significant disadvantage there is a good chance he would try and take things straight to the ground.

Obviously if both know what the other is strong at, it's a completely different situation. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 9:04 PM
Tehunamatata
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heres how it goes down...

Fat white/hispanic MMA/BJJ wannabe approaches Floyd says "whats your business, get out of my neighborhood."

Floyd says "its a free country u creepy ass cracka" - then drops that fatty with a straight right, he gets on top and starts pounding away WSHH style (cause he secretly always wanted to try some GnP)

Whitey screams for help, tries to remember his hip escapes and manages to get away, and pull out his 9mm and BAM - Floyd drops like sack of $hit.

Whitey goes to trial and gets off on self defense

floyd nuthuggers cry in the streets...

Joe was right...
7/18/13 9:08 PM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

renerocker - 
PrettyBoy - 
Animal Mother - 
Sliva_Plated_Fedor -
zFugitive - Didn't James Toney vs Couture already prove this point?
How about Ray Mercer KO'ing Tim Sylvia in an MMA match?? Phone Post 3.0
Tim Sylvia has been a black eye for Mma for quite some time. Phone Post 3.0

Wow nice way to try and ignore the reality of the situation all together.

Tim is 9-4 in the UFC. Is a Two time UFC Champion. The pinnacle of MMA.

He left the UFC after going 7-2 basically from 2005-2007 and on the heels of a fight of the night performance vs Nogeria for the Interim Heavyweight Title. Meaning he was at the TOP of the UFC when he left... it clearly was not a performance issue or he wouldn't have just had a three round war for the title.

Less than 5 months later he fought Fedor for Affliction. When Fedor beat him everyone looked at that victory as ABSOLUTE PROOF that he was the greatest fighter on earth. Again Tim Sylvia was fighting the absolute best MMA had to offer before...

The Next Fight of his career he was KOed by Ray Mercer in 9 seconds.

And all of a sudden to all MMA fans he was never that good..yadda yadda.

Never mind after the Mercer fight he again went like 7-1 until he lost to Ishi last December in Japan.

Yet despite all that a 48 year old retired boxer who never reached the pinnacle of Boxing. (Mercer never won the IBF,WBA,WBC He won the WBO at a time when that really didn't matter. And lost it shortly thereafter to Larry "old man" Homes.) Was able to topple one of MMA's best HW's in 9 seconds.

The same guy who could kick the shit out of great grapplers like ADCC World Champion Ricco Rodriguez got dropped by a retired old fat boxer.

And that is all the proof you need to know that Rogans argument is nothing but insecure fuckery. Fighting is an individual sport and blanket statements like wresters will beat boxers / or MMA fighters can beat all boxers are ignorant and just flat out wrong.

Mercer is an Olympic Gold Medalist. That´s not Floyd level success, but it´s still the pinnacle of Boxing.

Pinnacle of Amateur Boxing.

But sure if you want to compare amateur boxers to UFC Champions thats fine...it does nothing to discredit anything I said.
7/18/13 9:21 PM
Scrap7

People don't realize, boxing and mma are two dif sports.. Boxer vs mma, in a mma bout, compared to same in boxing, would have dif results.. And if joe is talking a fight in the street/bar. Mayweather would run hands on any 'avg' anything. Im sure Rogan believes he could whoop Mayweather. Redic Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 9:27 PM
Panda head
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tehunamatata - Heres how it goes down...

Fat white/hispanic MMA/BJJ wannabe approaches Floyd says "whats your business, get out of my neighborhood."

Floyd says "its a free country u creepy ass cracka" - then drops that fatty with a straight right, he gets on top and starts pounding away WSHH style (cause he secretly always wanted to try some GnP)

Whitey screams for help, tries to remember his hip escapes and manages to get away, and pull out his 9mm and BAM - Floyd drops like sack of $hit.

Joe was right...
Oooh...I see what you did there Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 9:28 PM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Mother - 
PrettyBoy - 
Animal Mother - 
Sliva_Plated_Fedor -
zFugitive - Didn't James Toney vs Couture already prove this point?
How about Ray Mercer KO'ing Tim Sylvia in an MMA match?? Phone Post 3.0
Tim Sylvia has been a black eye for Mma for quite some time. Phone Post 3.0

Wow nice way to try and ignore the reality of the situation all together.

Tim is 9-4 in the UFC. Is a Two time UFC Champion. The pinnacle of MMA.

He left the UFC after going 7-2 basically from 2005-2007 and on the heels of a fight of the night performance vs Nogeria for the Interim Heavyweight Title. Meaning he was at the TOP of the UFC when he left... it clearly was not a performance issue or he wouldn't have just had a three round war for the title.

Less than 5 months later he fought Fedor for Affliction. When Fedor beat him everyone looked at that victory as ABSOLUTE PROOF that he was the greatest fighter on earth. Again Tim Sylvia was fighting the absolute best MMA had to offer before...

The Next Fight of his career he was KOed by Ray Mercer in 9 seconds.

And all of a sudden to all MMA fans he was never that good..yadda yadda.

Never mind after the Mercer fight he again went like 7-1 until he lost to Ishi last December in Japan.

Yet despite all that a 48 year old retired boxer who never reached the pinnacle of Boxing. (Mercer never won the IBF,WBA,WBC He won the WBO at a time when that really didn't matter. And lost it shortly thereafter to Larry "old man" Homes.) Was able to topple one of MMA's best HW's in 9 seconds.

The same guy who could kick the shit out of great grapplers like ADCC World Champion Ricco Rodriguez got dropped by a retired old fat boxer.

And that is all the proof you need to know that Rogans argument is nothing but insecure fuckery. Fighting is an individual sport and blanket statements like wresters will beat boxers / or MMA fighters can beat all boxers are ignorant and just flat out wrong.

If that is not revisionist history I don't know what is. By the same logic Streetfighting in backyards is superior to professional boxing, and Kimbo Slice proved it. Also, Tim Sylvia was neither a wrestler or a BJJ guy you dolt. TS presided over the weakest HW division the UFC has seen, and people have been saying that about him for years, you seriously have no clue what you're talking about. To bring up his record of fighting cans and losing to Ultimate Fighter mediocrity as proof positive of your point makes you sound like a moran.

What is revisionist about it? You are telling me Tim Sylvia was not ranked in the top 10 HW in MMA just one fight before Mercer...fuck maybe even at the time he fought Mercer. People on here were not claiming Fedor would clearly ass rape anyone in the UFC Post his 36 second smashing of Tim Sylvia?

Was Tim not beating Nog in his last fight in the UFC before the choke? Most everyone I know has it 2-0 for Tim going into the 3rd.

A guy that can go 5 Rounds with Randy isn't a good enough representative of MMA for you?

Beating guys like Mike Whitehead, Brandon Vera, Andrei Arlofsky, Ben Rothwell, Paul Bunetello etc doesn't count anymore? Is that what I'm hearing? These dudes are all bums right?

The fact is your wrong. And if you followed my point it was that you cannot make generic conclusions the way Rogan does. I would never say something as dumb as any average boxer will take out Chuck Liddell in a street fight...shit I wouldn't even say it about a street fighter as you mentioned.

Because it all comes down to the individual and whether you know who you are dealing with. But as has been shown even when you do know sometimes you still get cracked.
7/18/13 9:43 PM
Diesel67
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do wrestlers who grew up with the Koll Rule have the mindset to pick a man up and slam him on his head?  How do you transition from game mode to fight (beast) mode?

7/18/13 10:06 PM
Tehunamatata
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Panda head -
Tehunamatata - Heres how it goes down...

Joe was right...
Oooh...I see what you did there Phone Post 3.0
Come on that's comedy gold Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 10:22 PM
Silverball
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It depends on the when and where. I've seen wrestlers beat up by decent street fighters, so I can only imagine what an elite boxer would do. Rogan gets carried away, in my opinion, when it comes to his combat sports hypotheticals, but I still love the dude and his podcast.
7/18/13 10:50 PM
TexDeuce
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thegoldenboy -
TexDeuce - Any college wrestler worth half a shit would easily take down Floyd and do as he wishes to him.

Yeah in the cage where the wrestler is completely prepared and knows exactly what he has to do to win. However, in the streets the wrestler would very likely get knocked the fucked out before he even thought of taking him down, and if he did take him down I'm pretty sure Floyd's friends would stomp the shit out of him.
The friend comparison is stupid.

I will concede that a wrestler would likely not expect a real pro boxer in a street fight. In saying that, they mythical one punch KO rarely happens. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 2:34 AM
JerodR
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People over analyze things. In a straight up one on one street fight (yea they do happen because not everyone is a bitch that has to use their friends) the wrestler wins the majority of the time.

Mayweather is a great boxer not a fighter. There is a difference. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 3:14 AM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't he beat a HUGE wrestler at wrestlemania in the Big Show ;-) Phone Post
7/19/13 3:18 AM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TexDeuce -
thegoldenboy -

The friend comparison is stupid.

I will concede that a wrestler would likely not expect a real pro boxer in a street fight. In saying that, they mythical one punch KO rarely happens. Phone Post 3.0
I've seen plenty of one punch KOs not just from boxers. You don't want to fuck with Rugby Players either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnc3UY21Xzs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Blue if u will Phone Post
7/19/13 3:24 AM
Evzey

And as much of a prick as Gavin Henson is I will always love him for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzN8Hg7yCkE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Kind of shows decent wrestling Phone Post
7/19/13 3:41 AM
Seats Taken
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boxing is a game. BJJ is a game. Wrestling is a game. MMA is a game. I know guys that are awesome at all of these. If it comes down to a street fight, it's all about how people react and the situation. I honestly know guys that if a random person came at them; they'd shut down, but in a gym they'd tear anyone up.

Generalizing sports is kind of stupid, you have to take it on a case by case basis. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 5:04 AM
Tolai

Stupid discussion Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 5:09 AM
Kostakio
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla -
MTH - 

Joe was perhaps a little more combative than he needed to be in the interview, but he is, obviously, correct. 

I mean let's be honest.  I'm a 180 lb blue belt.  I'm reasonably athletic and in good physical condition.  So long as Mayweather doesn't fire the first punch and assuming he has white belt level grappling, then I'd expect I'd more than likely beat him in a street fight.  Unless he could KO me on the way in, stop my takedowns, or hold me off once we're down, I wouldn't think he'd really have much of an offense to speak of honestly.

I would not say the same about some of even the amateur MMA fighters at my gym.  We've got a guy prepping for his debut at 155 lbs, and I have no reason to believe he wouldn't beat me to death in a real fight.  Mayweather wouldn't stand a chance.  And the UFC-level fighters?  Forget about it.  Straight mauling. 

All due respect, but Floyd is POSSIBLY the best Boxer ON EARTH.

He'd knock you silly. You'd be unhealthy once he's finished with you...

Your Blue Belt? Means nothing.

Makes me laugh how you can disrespect a Pro Boxer like that. You've NEVER encountered movement like that. Ever.

hahahahahahahahahaha Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 5:26 AM
renerocker

All Joe Rogan is trying to say is that Joe Rogan would strangle Floyd Mayweather in no time.
7/19/13 5:57 AM
101Matts

Boxing has been around for centuries, MMA decades, but the MMA organisations putting on the fights are the closest thing to a real life, real world fight. Rogans comments are spot on accurate. Boxing community keep sending the MMA community a laugh, like how about Fury vs Valesquez or similar. Thanks Joe, keep up the good work! Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 6:04 AM
Spoonie Luv

I think the wrestler has to be aware of his advantage and not try to stand and wang. If he knows, no one can defense Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 6:19 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MTH - 
MattyJ - 
Tilla -
MTH - 

Joe was perhaps a little more combative than he needed to be in the interview, but he is, obviously, correct. 

I mean let's be honest.  I'm a 180 lb blue belt.  I'm reasonably athletic and in good physical condition.  So long as Mayweather doesn't fire the first punch and assuming he has white belt level grappling, then I'd expect I'd more than likely beat him in a street fight.  Unless he could KO me on the way in, stop my takedowns, or hold me off once we're down, I wouldn't think he'd really have much of an offense to speak of honestly.

I would not say the same about some of even the amateur MMA fighters at my gym.  We've got a guy prepping for his debut at 155 lbs, and I have no reason to believe he wouldn't beat me to death in a real fight.  Mayweather wouldn't stand a chance.  And the UFC-level fighters?  Forget about it.  Straight mauling. 

All due respect, but Floyd is POSSIBLY the best Boxer ON EARTH.

He'd knock you silly. You'd be unhealthy once he's finished with you...

Your Blue Belt? Means nothing.

Makes me laugh how you can disrespect a Pro Boxer like that. You've NEVER encountered movement like that. Ever.

He did say provided Floyd doesn't get the first punch in/stop the takedown etc which is entirely right, obviously if Floyd started throwing he's going to light your average guy up before he even knows he's been hit but if a blue belt got a hold of him then he's going to strangle him/break something . Phone Post 3.0

Exactly.  I'm not delusional about my "special" abilities or unaware of Floyd's phenomenal abilities. 

Floyd hits me--and I'm done.  He could light me up in ways they'd have to tell me about in the hospital once I woke up.  I would never be so stupid as to claim anything else. 

I'm just saying that with a significant weight advantage, a legit and aggressive blue belt is probably going to manhandle a boxer PROVIDED that the boxer has no grappling training to speak of and the blue belt doesn't get clocked on the way in. 

It's Art Jimmerson all over again.  That's all. 

So you're comparing a black belt Royce Gracie who has been training BJJ his whole life vs a journeyman boxer in art jimmerman, to you a blue belt against one of the best boxers on the planet today and one of the best athletes on the planet today?

Sure thats exactly the same.

Tell me this , do you even realise how quick that fucker can move ? He would light you up so god-damn quick it would make your head spin (or fly clean off your shoulders). And what about footwork, do you think hes going to be standing still while you get in close to grab him?

You have no clue my friend , that blue belt has given you false confidence. I know a few blue belts that would have a hard time kicking my ass in a street fight if they even could, and im just a regular guy.

Mayweather would kill you, thinking anything else is lunacy and delusion.
7/19/13 6:21 AM
Y2JB

Dumb statement. Floyd couldn't do my job either, does that make me 'better' than him as well?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.