UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fabio Maldonado leaves Team Nogueira

7/18/13 9:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AllAmericanBoxing
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't glover with blackhouse and hackleman? So I could also see how there could be tension between teamates for Fabio haha. Phone Post
7/18/13 9:46 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jmont -
Carne de cavalo é o melhor -
yellow wrkahlc is dead - Translation, I don't speak spanish Phone Post 3.0
Good news for you
It is in Portuguese. Phone Post
right over your head huh? Phone Post
Give him a break, he doesn't speak England. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 9:47 PM
MT11
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vinny Magalhães -
It's brazilian, buddy. Phone Post 3.0
And this is fucking America Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 10:15 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma interpreter - 
Mike Russell -
yellow wrkahlc is dead - 
Vinny Magalhães -
Brazil is a country. Phone Post 3.0

So is Germany.

So is Africa. Phone Post

7/18/13 10:50 PM
DoomFarmer
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MT11 -
Vinny Magalhães -
Actually, this is the Internet Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 10:56 PM
RoidsGracie

It's always money
7/18/13 10:59 PM
Vaginal Tear
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer -
MT11 -
Vinny Magalhães -
Actually it's the Internet on an iPhone. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 12:12 AM
Dominique Robinson
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - Maldanado is a gritty, bad-ass motherfucker, if he has his beefs he probably has good rason.

Lets not bag on the guy for speaking his mind.
I agree Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 12:16 AM
wrestling4life
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc is dead -
Carne de cavalo é o melhor -
Good news for you
It is in Portuguese. Phone Post
Don't make up languages. Phone Post 3.0
Idk why but That made my night Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 12:18 AM
Vaginal Tear
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma interpreter -
Vaginal Tear -
DoomFarmer -
MT11 -
Vinny Magalhães -
Actually it's the Internet on an iPhone. Phone Post 3.0
Actually, fuck you guys and your ability to vote people up/see join dates and post count from your phone ---> Phone Post
Voted up because I can. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 12:32 AM
irishrottie
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

about 10% of the posts on this thread actually addressed the topic at hand, the rest were a reflection of how moronic this place can be.

7/19/13 1:12 AM
Ramy Daoud
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 1:20 AM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie - 

about 10% of the posts on this thread actually addressed the topic at hand, the rest were a reflection of how moronic this place can be.

No no no no no....... this is exactly the kinda joking that should happen here. This is just some good hearted fun. Not some shit talking with the intention of getting a reaction or being hurtful. 3 Pages in and I had 4 legit lol's and I'm sober.

7/19/13 1:36 AM
DatSpider
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm guessing Anderson really was his doctor, and now he's pissed,due to unknown complications.

Now, who will teach Team Nogueira Fabio's unique style, the infamous chin-a-dope?  

7/19/13 2:25 AM
dermotfix
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U - 

who?

Funny, yes.

But come on, he was in one of the best fights of last year,

7/19/13 2:40 AM
NegoVeio

Too long to fully translate, but basically:

Maldonado wanted to open a Team Nogueira gym in Sorocaba (small city in Brazil) for a long time, but the Nogueira Brothers gave the rights to Rafael Feijao Cavalvante who was already using the Team Nogueira name without permission and that enraged Maldonado who was alerting the Nogueiras about the misuse of the name.

Maldonado hates that some fighters from Team Nogueira have to give part of the purse to the Team and some other big names don't. He cites Anderson Silva, Feijao and Erick Silva as the ones who don't pay Team Nogueira. Says that Anderson Silva never paid anything to help Team Nogueira and left Big Nog to deal with his financial troubles by himself.

And the story about when Anderson was going to fight Sonnen and Maldonado had trained at Team Quest, so Anderson asked him to stay in the US to train with him, after that Anderson's manager offered a short notice UFC fight to Maldonado (he wasn't in the UFC at the time) but he had to lose 33 pounds in one week and he rejected the offer. They were in a restaurant right after the weigh-ins for the Sonnen fight and Anderson put him down in front of everyone (Cigano, Dorea, Thiago Tavares, Ramon Lemos, etc.) and said he was ducking competition and losing an opportunity. Maldonado stood up against him and told him to f* off, basically.

7/19/13 2:55 AM
NicolasExitBJJ
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You people only figured out now that feijao means bean? Wow.

I think it's normal that big name fighters pay smaller or no gym fees than lesser knowns, happens all the time. Hell it even happens in BJJ gyms where higher or older belts don't have to pay fees or get turned a blind eye.

And I know tons of Brazilians who think Anderson's behaviour during the Maia fight was disgraceful.
7/19/13 3:08 AM
Rhythmprince

OP is laughing his ass off at the wild shitstorm of weird that happened becuase he didn't translate an article lol Phone Post
7/19/13 5:17 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

NegoVeio -

Too long to fully translate, but basically:

Maldonado wanted to open a Team Nogueira gym in Sorocaba (small city in Brazil) for a long time, but the Nogueira Brothers gave the rights to Rafael Feijao Cavalvante who was already using the Team Nogueira name without permission and that enraged Maldonado who was alerting the Nogueiras about the misuse of the name.

Maldonado hates that some fighters from Team Nogueira have to give part of the purse to the Team and some other big names don't. He cites Anderson Silva, Feijao and Erick Silva as the ones who don't pay Team Nogueira. Says that Anderson Silva never paid anything to help Team Nogueira and left Big Nog to deal with his financial troubles by himself.

And the story about when Anderson was going to fight Sonnen and Maldonado had trained at Team Quest, so Anderson asked him to stay in the US to train with him, after that Anderson's manager offered a short notice UFC fight to Maldonado (he wasn't in the UFC at the time) but he had to lose 33 pounds in one week and he rejected the offer. They were in a restaurant right after the weigh-ins for the Sonnen fight and Anderson put him down in front of everyone (Cigano, Dorea, Thiago Tavares, Ramon Lemos, etc.) and said he was ducking competition and losing an opportunity. Maldonado stood up against him and told him to f* off, basically.

Odd thing about the dinner story. The next ufc event was 3 weeks later, and there wasn't a single lhw fight on the card. This is the only thing I can find about any replacements.

" Nate Marquardt and Alessio Sakara were originally set to face each other at UFC 116, but the fight was cancelled due to the death of Sakara's father.

On July 23, Sakara's original opponent, Jorge Rivera suffered a broken arm in training and was replaced by Gerald Harris.

On August 5, Sakara (who was back on the card) then bowed out due to an unknown injury and was replaced by Joe Vedepo.

On August 18, it was announced that the Harris/Vedepo bout had been scrapped altogether.

A bout between Nate Marquardt and Rousimar Palhares was moved to UFC Fight Night 22 and promoted to the new main event."

I wonder if he turned down a middleweight fight. If that were the case, Anderson is a dick for even mentioning it. Phone Post
7/19/13 6:13 AM
Bootsy Collins
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know the truth is usually somewhere between both sides of the story but if shit went down like Maldonado describes it he seems like a stand-up dude.

Except for the bean-slander
7/19/13 6:26 AM
Kostakio
484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
yellow wrkahlc is dead -
Vinny Magalhães -
Brazil is a country. Phone Post 3.0
It's a race. Phone Post
Anderson is not black. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 6:29 AM
ChaosOverkill
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Viva la Raza! 

7/19/13 6:34 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

Logan Stantons finger -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
irishrottie -

The rift with the Nogs is down to him using the Nogueria name without permission in his home town where he built a gym. He says fighters are getting ripped off fighting under the TN banner. He says that the way Anderson acted when he fought Maia was a disgrace and that prior to the first Sonnen fight they were all out for dinner or something with lots of respected ppl from the fight game. There Fabio was offered a short notice fight (1 week) but was too heavy to make the weight. Anderson supposedly humilated him for this and questioned his desicion and Fabio didnt like it and stood up and talked him down. Also hates Erik Silva and thinks the partnership with x-gym is hypocrisy.

I am probably off on some points because my portuguese isnt great but thats the guts of it. 

HOW DARE HE HATE ERICK SILVA! Phone Post

Erick Silva would wreck him. 

Erick Silva wrecks moldanado????

Wow lolll Phone Post
7/19/13 6:45 AM
Tolstolobic

The Unnatural Born Killer -
da Vinci 81 - Whoa whoa, what'd he say about beans?? Phone Post 3.0
If true this is unacceptable Phone Post
If true he went too far this time Phone Post
7/19/13 7:45 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Maldonado beats A.Silva or at least gives him a good fight

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.