UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fabio Maldonado leaves Team Nogueira

7/19/13 7:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Maldonado beats A.Silva or at least gives him a good fight
7/19/13 7:45 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm also a Maldonado Meat Hugger
7/19/13 10:25 AM
pat barrys shorts
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc is dead -
Vinny Magalhães -
yellow wrkahlc is dead - Translation, I don't speak spanish Phone Post 3.0
It's brazilian, buddy. Phone Post 3.0
Brazil is a country. Phone Post 3.0
Good lord it's fucking Portuguese Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 10:49 AM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
NegoVeio -

Too long to fully translate, but basically:

Maldonado wanted to open a Team Nogueira gym in Sorocaba (small city in Brazil) for a long time, but the Nogueira Brothers gave the rights to Rafael Feijao Cavalvante who was already using the Team Nogueira name without permission and that enraged Maldonado who was alerting the Nogueiras about the misuse of the name.

Maldonado hates that some fighters from Team Nogueira have to give part of the purse to the Team and some other big names don't. He cites Anderson Silva, Feijao and Erick Silva as the ones who don't pay Team Nogueira. Says that Anderson Silva never paid anything to help Team Nogueira and left Big Nog to deal with his financial troubles by himself.

And the story about when Anderson was going to fight Sonnen and Maldonado had trained at Team Quest, so Anderson asked him to stay in the US to train with him, after that Anderson's manager offered a short notice UFC fight to Maldonado (he wasn't in the UFC at the time) but he had to lose 33 pounds in one week and he rejected the offer. They were in a restaurant right after the weigh-ins for the Sonnen fight and Anderson put him down in front of everyone (Cigano, Dorea, Thiago Tavares, Ramon Lemos, etc.) and said he was ducking competition and losing an opportunity. Maldonado stood up against him and told him to f* off, basically.

Odd thing about the dinner story. The next ufc event was 3 weeks later, and there wasn't a single lhw fight on the card. This is the only thing I can find about any replacements.

" Nate Marquardt and Alessio Sakara were originally set to face each other at UFC 116, but the fight was cancelled due to the death of Sakara's father.

On July 23, Sakara's original opponent, Jorge Rivera suffered a broken arm in training and was replaced by Gerald Harris.

On August 5, Sakara (who was back on the card) then bowed out due to an unknown injury and was replaced by Joe Vedepo.

On August 18, it was announced that the Harris/Vedepo bout had been scrapped altogether.

A bout between Nate Marquardt and Rousimar Palhares was moved to UFC Fight Night 22 and promoted to the new main event."

I wonder if he turned down a middleweight fight. If that were the case, Anderson is a dick for even mentioning it. Phone Post
Why? I've always thought he should have been at middleweight. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 10:50 AM
da Vinci 81
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pat barrys shorts -
yellow wrkahlc is dead -
Vinny Magalhães -
Uh, no, that's a country in Europe. And it's pronounced Portugal. It's not plural, there's only one. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 11:00 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Logan Stantons finger -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
irishrottie -

The rift with the Nogs is down to him using the Nogueria name without permission in his home town where he built a gym. He says fighters are getting ripped off fighting under the TN banner. He says that the way Anderson acted when he fought Maia was a disgrace and that prior to the first Sonnen fight they were all out for dinner or something with lots of respected ppl from the fight game. There Fabio was offered a short notice fight (1 week) but was too heavy to make the weight. Anderson supposedly humilated him for this and questioned his desicion and Fabio didnt like it and stood up and talked him down. Also hates Erik Silva and thinks the partnership with x-gym is hypocrisy.

I am probably off on some points because my portuguese isnt great but thats the guts of it. 

HOW DARE HE HATE ERICK SILVA! Phone Post

Erick Silva would wreck him. 

He'd wreck everyond Phone Post

He cant wreck whats already broke.....fitch
7/19/13 11:08 AM
Mufasatheking

English article

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/19392-maldonado-bitter-about-team-nogueira-split-big-nog-says-just-business

JULY 18TH 2013
Fabiano Maldonado has accused Rodrigo Nogueira of being “a liar” and says that the reason he split with the team is because ‘Big Nog’ treated him unfairly in matters of business.

Maldonado recently left Team Nogueira - headquartered in Rio de Janeiro - to open his own academy in Sorocaba, São Paulo. It seemed like merely a professional decision but Maldonado says there is more to it.

The outspoken light-heavyweight talked with Combate.com / Fighters Only Brazil correspondent Raphael Marinho and said that the end of the relationship, which started in 2004, was because he had been refused the right to open a Team Nogueira franchise.

In a further twist, Maldonado claims that his attempts to open an official branch were denied even while fellow Team Nogueira member Rafael Feijao Cavalcante was running a gym in Sorocaba and had branded it Team Nogueira without permission.

“I told Rogerio [Lil Nog] and Eric that I would start an academy but they pretended not to hear me. They would not let me use the name, but others used it for many years,” he says.

“Everybody wants to use ‘Team Nogueira.’ He let everybody use that name all over Brazil. They have nothing to say about people not being able to use the name. You take an academy in [a provincial backwater like] Belem do Para, the guy uses it and nobody tells him otherwise.

“Anything they say different from that is a lie. I tell in their faces. I even negotiated, saying ‘well, there are people who used the brand already for more than two years. They told me I couldn’t and that the guys who used Team Nogueira’s name were hand-picked and that I wasn’t one of them.

“They let guys use the name without paying, but not me. [Feijao] was three, four years using it for free, since 2009 Team Nogueira’s name is used in Sorocaba. I was speaking mainly with [Rogerio] Minotouro and Eric Lobao but they were pretending they weren’t understanding me. It would have been easier to tell the truth and say they let Feijao use it and wouldn’t be letting me use it.”

Nogueira tells the story differently, saying that a one-year negotiation went nowhere. After this, says Nogueira, Maldonado left to form his own team. At that time, Team Nogueira decided to make Feijao’s branch in the same city an official offshoot of their team.

“Maldonado built his own academy, with another brand, with another name, opening a possibility for us to begin our own branch in the city [Sorocaba]. It was a situation which Feijao had interest, came in and made the deal. How could I say no to Feijao?” says Big Nog.

“I missed him, when he left the professional team [in Rio], but this wasn’t about training, it was about the franchise gym. The branch over there is Rafael Feijao’s… I don’t participate much in the commercial side [of Team Nogueira]. I am completely from the technical part. In financial and commercial department I am nobody.

“Maldonado had an opportunity, brought people to make part of the franchise, but it was Feijao who concluded the deal and bought the franchise. It totally was the commercial aspect that dictated it. It was not something personal between Maldonado, Feijao and me, far from it. All commercial dealings don’t pass through me.”

Confronted with Nogueira’s version, Maldonado shakes his head. “Minotauro [Big Nog] is lying,” he says.

7/19/13 11:19 AM
pat barrys shorts
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 -
pat barrys shorts -
yellow wrkahlc is dead -
Vinny Magalhães -
Uh, no, that's a country in Europe. And it's pronounced Portugal. It's not plural, there's only one. Phone Post 3.0
Lol you're trolling right? Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 11:20 AM
pat barrys shorts

da Vinci 81 -
pat barrys shorts -
yellow wrkahlc is dead -
Vinny Magalhães -
Portuguese is the language of Portugal, also the language spoken in brazil Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 11:35 AM
NegoVeio
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
NegoVeio -

Maldonado wanted to open a Team Nogueira gym in Sorocaba (small city in Brazil) for a long time, but the Nogueira Brothers gave the rights to Rafael Feijao Cavalvante who was already using the Team Nogueira name without permission and that enraged Maldonado who was alerting the Nogueiras about the misuse of the name.

Maldonado hates that some fighters from Team Nogueira have to give part of the purse to the Team and some other big names don't. He cites Anderson Silva, Feijao and Erick Silva as the ones who don't pay Team Nogueira. Says that Anderson Silva never paid anything to help Team Nogueira and left Big Nog to deal with his financial troubles by himself.

And the story about when Anderson was going to fight Sonnen and Maldonado had trained at Team Quest, so Anderson asked him to stay in the US to train with him, after that Anderson's manager offered a short notice UFC fight to Maldonado (he wasn't in the UFC at the time) but he had to lose 33 pounds in one week and he rejected the offer. They were in a restaurant right after the weigh-ins for the Sonnen fight and Anderson put him down in front of everyone (Cigano, Dorea, Thiago Tavares, Ramon Lemos, etc.) and said he was ducking competition and losing an opportunity. Maldonado stood up against him and told him to f* off, basically.

Odd thing about the dinner story. The next ufc event was 3 weeks later, and there wasn't a single lhw fight on the card. This is the only thing I can find about any replacements.

" Nate Marquardt and Alessio Sakara were originally set to face each other at UFC 116, but the fight was cancelled due to the death of Sakara's father.

On July 23, Sakara's original opponent, Jorge Rivera suffered a broken arm in training and was replaced by Gerald Harris.

On August 5, Sakara (who was back on the card) then bowed out due to an unknown injury and was replaced by Joe Vedepo.

On August 18, it was announced that the Harris/Vedepo bout had been scrapped altogether.

A bout between Nate Marquardt and Rousimar Palhares was moved to UFC Fight Night 22 and promoted to the new main event."

I wonder if he turned down a middleweight fight. If that were the case, Anderson is a dick for even mentioning it. Phone Post

Yeah, it wasn't an UFC fight, i confused things. It was a fight with Jason Lambert on PWP (that Sylvia X Buentello event).

7/19/13 11:47 AM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pat barrys shorts - 
da Vinci 81 -
pat barrys shorts -
yellow wrkahlc is dead -
Vinny Magalhães -
Portuguese is the language of Portugal, also the language spoken in brazil Phone Post 3.0

You do realize it was Vinny who made the tongue-in-cheek comment, right, and that he's from Brazil?

7/19/13 11:49 AM
pat barrys shorts

Mike Russell -
pat barrys shorts - 
da Vinci 81 -
pat barrys shorts -
yellow wrkahlc is dead -
Vinny Magalhães -

You do realize it was Vinny who made the tongue-in-cheek comment, right, and that he's from Brazil?

Yes I realized that after the fact and at that point I was already committed lol Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 12:53 PM
bagger
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/19/13 12:53 PM
Mufasatheking - English article

..I was speaking mainly with [Rogerio] Minotouro and Eric Lobao but they were pretending they weren't understanding me.

I don't know why Maldonado is so upset, they probably just don't speak Spanish.

7/19/13 1:03 PM
chew22
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, basically, we don't like beans. ;)
7/19/13 1:23 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for translating all the spanish, guys. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 2:20 PM
Uncle Creepy's Creepy Nephew
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pat barrys shorts - 
da Vinci 81 -
pat barrys shorts -
yellow wrkahlc is dead -
Vinny Magalhães -

That's retarded Sir. Why would one Country speak another's language? Makes no sense at all.
7/19/13 3:58 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal -
NegoVeio -

Yeah, but just because people think he should fight at middleweight. Doesn't mean it's okay to put him down and talk shit, because he wouldn't fight at mw on a weeks notice. The fight was at lhw, so it doesn't matter, but still. Phone Post
7/19/13 4:05 PM
Fabes
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GroundSkillz.com, Asst. Regional Mgr.
yellow wrkahlc is dead -
Vinny Magalhães -
Source? Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 4:06 PM
DoomFarmer

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal -
NegoVeio -

Yeah, but just because people think he should fight at middleweight. Doesn't mean it's okay to put him down and talk shit, because he wouldn't fight at mw on a weeks notice. The fight was at lhw, so it doesn't matter, but still. Phone Post

Exactly.

I'm puzzled anyone would need this explained in the first place...
7/19/13 4:17 PM
Dead President
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 4:24 PM
n3m
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Mother - Fabio Maldonado hates beaners

- UG News Phone Post 3.0

Voted up..this had me laughing.
7/19/13 4:42 PM
Acidic

Shit why would they let him open a gym?

He might be apart of the team but his record, style and skills are extremely limited and would not be a good rep for there gyms.

7/19/13 4:57 PM
irishrottie
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Acidic - Shit why would they let him open a gym?

He might be apart of the team but his record, style and skills are extremely limited and would not be a good rep for there gyms.

Because TN gyms are popping up like McDonalds all over brazil. They are selling the franchise. By this time next year there will be over 30 of them around the country. 

Also Socoraba is the home town of Fabio, Feijao is not from there.

7/19/13 5:02 PM
ausgepicht

Mike Russell - 
yellow wrkahlc is dead - 
Vinny Magalhães -

So is Germany.

Nice job yellow. You netted a few NOOBs and even a pro.

Honestly, it's more about how thick they are then about the excellence of the trolljob. Not saying you aren't capable, but that was an obvious troll and an easy kill. Either way, you deserve kudos fro the body count.

7/19/13 5:03 PM
DoomFarmer

Acidic - Shit why would they let him open a gym?

This is a crock of shit.

That man has been blatantly screwed out of 2 wins and is the defenition of a warrior.

He has the best boxing at 205 and is durable as all fuck. I would give anything if all fighters in the UFC had his skillset and heart.

If you don't like what Maldanado brings to the table then I have absoloutely ZERO respect for you opinion as an MMA fan.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.