UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fabio Maldonado leaves Team Nogueira

7/19/13 5:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Acidic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie - 
Acidic - Shit why would they let him open a gym?

He might be apart of the team but his record, style and skills are extremely limited and would not be a good rep for there gyms.

Because TN gyms are popping up like McDonalds all over brazil. They are selling the franchise. By this time next year there will be over 30 of them around the country. 

Also Socoraba is the home town of Fabio, Feijao is not from there.

How many gyms of TN are open as of now and by who?

if there will be 30 assocaited gyms then you make a good point but if the gyms are led by elite fighters and fighters with credentials then thats different as well.

This is only Fabios side of the story.
7/19/13 5:46 PM
DoomFarmer
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Acidic - 
DoomFarmer - 

He might be apart of the team but his record, style and skills are extremely limited and would not be a good rep for there gyms.

This is a crock of shit.

That man has been blatantly screwed out of 2 wins and is the defenition of a warrior.

He has the best boxing at 205 and is durable as all fuck. I would give anything if all fighters in the UFC had his skillset and heart.

If you don't like what Maldanado brings to the table then I have absoloutely ZERO respect for you opinion as an MMA fan.

LOL Best boxing?

Boxing isnt just an offensive sport its also a defensive one. So to say his boxing is the best when he gets hit over and over again like a punching bag makes no sense.

He has heart but this is MMA. Teaching is different then fighting. Teaching in its self is a skill.

Hes fun to watch but you have a heavily biased view of him.

You do have a point in regards to his defense but I still stand behind my assesment of his boxing at 205.

Aside from that, what would you know about his ability to teach one way or the other? Why would you automatically assume that he isn't suited for it?

Merely because he hasn't displayed much JJ in his matches?

7/19/13 5:53 PM
Acidic

DoomFarmer - 
Acidic - 
DoomFarmer - 

This is a crock of shit.

That man has been blatantly screwed out of 2 wins and is the defenition of a warrior.

He has the best boxing at 205 and is durable as all fuck. I would give anything if all fighters in the UFC had his skillset and heart.

If you don't like what Maldanado brings to the table then I have absoloutely ZERO respect for you opinion as an MMA fan.

LOL Best boxing?

Boxing isnt just an offensive sport its also a defensive one. So to say his boxing is the best when he gets hit over and over again like a punching bag makes no sense.

He has heart but this is MMA. Teaching is different then fighting. Teaching in its self is a skill.

Hes fun to watch but you have a heavily biased view of him.

You do have a point in regards to his defense but I still stand behind my assesment of his boxing at 205.

Aside from that, what would you know about his ability to teach one way or the other? Why would you automatically assume that he isn't suited for it?

Merely because he hasn't displayed much JJ in his matches?

He wouldnt be teaching JJ if he did open up a gym. That would be emberassing. You need some sort of credentials to do so.

I think (if my assumption is correct) that the Nogs want someone who has a name behind them, more then one skill set, and history with them.

He does make some good points though about how some fighters pay and some dont but thats if its true.

All in all there must have been something wrong with him for Team Nog to deny him those rights.
7/19/13 7:51 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

at the end of the day, it is Nog's name/brand and he can do what he wants?

sounds like maldonado thought he was owed something.
7/19/13 9:11 PM
irishrottie
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Acidic - 
irishrottie - 

Because TN gyms are popping up like McDonalds all over brazil. They are selling the franchise. By this time next year there will be over 30 of them around the country. 

if there will be 30 assocaited gyms then you make a good point but if the gyms are led by elite fighters and fighters with credentials then thats different as well.

Not by fighters. They are like local fitness clubs with a cage and team nogueira on the front. It attracts a shit load of business because Nog is extremely marketable at this moment and mma is at a high in Brazil. So all it really is, is a place for weekend warriors, wannabes but potentially a fight team could arise from it. But in my opinion it takes away business from the teams that have been there years on end, grinding. But thats business. Fair play to Nog he is a guy that deserves all the money he can get from the sport and the reality is these guys are making the real money outside the cage these days.

7/19/13 9:29 PM
GROUNDnLB
642 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabes -
yellow wrkahlc is dead -
Vinny Magalhães -
yellow wrkahlc is dead - Translation, I don't speak spanish Phone Post 3.0
It's brazilian, buddy. Phone Post 3.0
Brazil is a country. Phone Post 3.0
Source? Phone Post 3.0
I thought it was a nut. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 11:26 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishrottie - 

The rift with the Nogs is down to him using the Nogueria name without permission in his home town where he built a gym. He says fighters are getting ripped off fighting under the TN banner. He says that the way Anderson acted when he fought Maia was a disgrace and that prior to the first Sonnen fight they were all out for dinner or something with lots of respected ppl from the fight game. There Fabio was offered a short notice fight (1 week) but was too heavy to make the weight. Anderson supposedly humilated him for this and questioned his desicion and Fabio didnt like it and stood up and talked him down. Also hates Erik Silva and thinks the partnership with x-gym is hypocrisy.

I am probably off on some points because my portuguese isnt great but thats the guts of it. 

Thanks for the info....voted you up.
7/20/13 11:31 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Btw about the Anderson comment,what a fucking suprise. Apparently Anderson is all about Hespect, even we he isn't in the slightest.

He does Hespect the fuck out of Bieber,Usher and Master Seagal. Real fighters seem to be more of an issue though.

Its so silly that people do not address this issue at all. Yes he is an incredible fighter and its a joy to watch him every-time he steps into the Octagon. At the same time he shows some behavior that is both shitty and border to fame mongering (which is frankly a little despicable).

Respect the fighter but stop protecting the men please.
7/20/13 4:29 PM
Acidic

irishrottie - 
Acidic - 
irishrottie - 

Not by fighters. They are like local fitness clubs with a cage and team nogueira on the front. It attracts a shit load of business because Nog is extremely marketable at this moment and mma is at a high in Brazil. So all it really is, is a place for weekend warriors, wannabes but potentially a fight team could arise from it. But in my opinion it takes away business from the teams that have been there years on end, grinding. But thats business. Fair play to Nog he is a guy that deserves all the money he can get from the sport and the reality is these guys are making the real money outside the cage these days.

Damn the Nogs got it locked down buisness wise then in Brazil.

If its like that and they have weekend warrior gyms running like that; then Id say Fabio deserves would easily be worthy of his own gym with the TN logo repping it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.