UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White:"Average UFC fighter gets KILLED in boxing"

7/18/13 9:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sparkuri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember him saying this about 7 years ago.

Well UG, do you think it still holds true today? Phone Post
7/18/13 9:11 PM
buddie
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course it does. So what? MMA fighters aren't boxers, of course they aren't going to do as well as someone who grew up specializing in boxing. To suggest they would is a slap in the face. Also, saying Mayweather would lose to a college wrestler sounds petty and small to me.
7/18/13 9:16 PM
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buddie - Of course it does. So what? MMA fighters aren't boxers, of course they aren't going to do as well as someone who grew up specializing in boxing. To suggest they would is a slap in the face. Also, saying Mayweather would lose to a college wrestler sounds petty and small to me.

Mayweather would lose to a college wrestler. 

7/18/13 9:17 PM
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RockMeAmadeus - More like Elite boxers gets killed by average MMA fighters.

White's comment was about in boxing.  Elite boxers smoke any MMA fighter in boxing.

7/18/13 9:17 PM
ShanTheMan
723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KrzyBnzJnz - 
buddie - Of course it does. So what? MMA fighters aren't boxers, of course they aren't going to do as well as someone who grew up specializing in boxing. To suggest they would is a slap in the face. Also, saying Mayweather would lose to a college wrestler sounds petty and small to me.

Mayweather would lose to a college wrestler. 

TOM Petty
7/18/13 9:18 PM
ProteinBake
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/18/13 9:20 PM
ChaosOverkill
522 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/18/13 9:23 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
ChaosOverkill - 

Lol.
7/18/13 9:26 PM
Chris27

great boxers get beat in mma by average mma fighters, great mma fighters get beat in boxing by average boxers.

Great mma fighters vs great boxers in a ring/cage with the rules being beat your opponent using any skills you have, the mma fighter wins 7/8 out of 10 times. 

7/18/13 9:29 PM
Son of Neckbone
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And average mma fighters would get destroyed wrestling in the Olympics. And average UFC fighters would get the ever loving shit choked out of them in Abu Dhabi. This is not news, and readily obvious to the those with a grasp on reality.

MMA is as close as you can reasonably get to an actual fight in a sporting contest, but the purist disciplines are just that. In what the majority of the world considers "a fight," mma is as close as it gets.
7/18/13 9:30 PM
Gorilla_keylock

A low level womens college tennis player could absolutely wreck any top 10 fighter in tennis. Phone Post
7/18/13 9:30 PM
hellride
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's like saying NFL players would get out run by track athletes. What is true is true.
7/18/13 9:39 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 9:42 PM
Vaginal Tear
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A low level soccer player is better at soccer than a pro golfer. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 9:54 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc is dead - Phone Post 3.0
LOL Phone Post
7/18/13 10:10 PM
MMALOGIC

average mma fighters would get killed on the pga tour?  so what? 

people wanna know who the toughest sob's are... people wanna know who would win in a real fight...  and those are mma fighters. 

nobody gives a shit that boxers would win patty cake contests.

7/18/13 10:14 PM
RKing85
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not exactly breaking news.
7/18/13 10:24 PM
Lobo8

RockMeAmadeus - More like Elite boxers gets killed by average MMA fighters.

yes In an mma fight which is the one that really matters because it is a superior form of fighting
7/18/13 11:27 PM
buddie
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most linebackers in the NFL would beat Mighty Mouse in a fight. But I still love watching the guy fight, because I'm not under the illusion that he's unbeatable. I love watching him for the same reason I love watching Floyd. Because he's incredible at what he does - fight guys who he matched fairly against in an incredibly skillful manner.
7/18/13 11:33 PM
ProteinBake
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buddie - Most linebackers in the NFL would beat Mighty Mouse in a fight. But I still love watching the guy fight, because I'm not under the illusion that he's unbeatable. I love watching him for the same reason I love watching Floyd. Because he's incredible at what he does - fight guys who he matched fairly against in an incredibly skillful manner.

I don't know about this.  Especially if it's a street fight.  Mighty Mouse is very fast and could avoid their tackles and probably could kick them in the balls hard before they could get to him.  

7/18/13 11:36 PM
buddie

^That's possible, because skill is always much more important than strength, but the more stength, conditioning and aggression go up, the more skill you have to have and there is a breaking point, especially in a street fight where there are a lot more variables and you can hold on to someone's clothing and drag them down by sheer brute force.
7/19/13 12:26 AM
Reggie Warren Jr
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr, The Man

This is truth. 

7/19/13 12:40 AM
KZTT_W85
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate this crap,

Boxers win in boxing and mma fighters win in mma.

And anyone going on about 'street fights' is a ridiculous . IMO street fighting is a joke!!

Half the time you have a drunken guy who can hardly walk getting his ass kicked and anyone who actively looks for a street fight need to have a good hard look in the mirror.

If you think you're tough then be disciplined, join a club and train with skilled people and fight other trained skilled people. That is what a tough guy is and I can't have any more respect for those guys

Anyone saying a boxer would do this or an mma fighter would get the take down etc.. Have obviously never seen many real street fights.

They are 9/10 times sloppy scraps that have some douche beating up someone who doesn't want to be there but don't want to look like a pussy in front of their girl or friends. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 12:47 AM
Gorilla_keylock

I was under the impression mighty mouse was a thor or superman level hero. Phone Post
7/19/13 12:49 AM
HexRei

He absolutely would. You're basically saying that Mayweather would get KO a wrestler before he could achieve a single leg which is unrealistic. Odds are it would be on the ground in about five seconds flat, Mayweather would be lucky to get more than a single swing in unless he crosstrained in advance.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.