UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mousasi wants Belfort fight for #1 contender spot

7/18/13 10:54 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Former Strikeforce champion Gegard Mousasi was recentl interviewed by the Brazilian language site Tatame, and discussed his desire to fight Vitor Belfort. Specifically, Mousasi wants Belfort on Dec 28, with the winner getting a shot at the Weidman vs. Silva rematch.

"The reality is this - Silva vs Weidman II is going to have to happen first on December 28th," said Mousasi. "Vitor has to wait for a title shot no matter what.  I know the UFC wants to see this fight happen as they offered it to me for UFC Belo Horizonte in September.  I could not take the fight because I just had surgery.  So, it is inevitable that Vitor and I are going to have to meet first to determine who the #1 contender is.  So my opinion is that we should also fight on December 28th on the same card as Anderson v. Weidman II to determine the #1 contender spot for the UFC middleweigh title."

"It is as simple as this.  Vitor and I were supposed to fight in the past for both Affliction and now the UFC.  Vitor knows that it is inevitable that we are going to have to meet in the Octagon".

7/18/13 10:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Intriguing match up. Phone Post
7/18/13 11:02 PM
MediumRareMistake
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would be a wicked fight Phone Post 3.0
Poptarts

Moose! I want this fight worse than any superfight outside of Jones vs Cain.
MdGeist

Vitor getting his exemption in the U.S. might be a problem Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 11:03 PM
aka_rtotheoh

i would thoruoghly enjoys this. Sleepy college nerd vs Roided out angry man Phone Post
7/18/13 11:04 PM
ImaLilFruitCup

Vitor beats mousasi..love both but too much firepower

Look at cub vs Dustin Phone Post 3.0
Boondock
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GREAT fight!!

That Mousasi wins. Phone Post 3.0
Acidic

Oh boy. Poor Vitor. No TRT and hes fighting a guy he doesnt want to fight.

Doesnt look to good for him. I wonder how he will spin it this time.
7/18/13 11:05 PM
ShanTheManWEIDenedmybutthole
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mousasi is fucking delusional. What has he ever done to even be considered for a number one contender match?

Iove the way he fights but cannot stand the shit that spews from his mouth. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 11:08 PM
Logan Stantons finger
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lets see it. No reason to have Vitor sit around without a fight. He needs to fight SOMEBODY. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 11:08 PM
demonsurge
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor vs Mousasi is an awesome fight, but Vitor has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Stay the fuck away from this matchup.
7/18/13 11:10 PM
Acidic

ShanTheManWEIDenedmybutthole - Mousasi is fucking delusional. What has he ever done to even be considered for a number one contender match?

Iove the way he fights but cannot stand the shit that spews from his mouth. Phone Post 3.0

Wait what did Vitor do for the JBJ title shot? or the Anderson Silva title shot?

0_o
7/18/13 11:10 PM
The Acorn
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The sausey one takes it. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 11:13 PM
Klownoh

ImaLilFruitCup - Vitor beats mousasi..love both but too much firepower

Look at cub vs Dustin Phone Post 3.0
100% agree Phone Post
7/18/13 11:15 PM
PrettyCoolGuy
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mousasi looked pretty bad in his last fight though tbh. I could see it going either way, depends which Mousasi turns up.
7/18/13 11:16 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

Sounds good to me.

7/18/13 11:18 PM
murfamurph

Moose would have Vitor shooting for a double. he can't handle that k1 poise.
7/18/13 11:18 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Acidic - 
ShanTheManWEIDenedmybutthole - Mousasi is fucking delusional. What has he ever done to even be considered for a number one contender match?

Wait what did Vitor do for the JBJ title shot? or the Anderson Silva title shot?

0_o

Vitor was the best guy that was willing to step in on short notice that Jones agreed to fight (We all know he said no to Sonnen) and the anderson shot was for him knocking out guys in 3 straight fights in Affliction and 103 as well as winning 2 Cage Rage fights before that

7/18/13 11:20 PM
ShanTheManWEIDenedmybutthole
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Acidic -

0_o
I'm not a belfort fan and he didnt deserve the jones fight but someone had to step up and he did.

There weren't really any contenders for silva at the time and belfort just destroyed lindland and franklin so i don't have a problem with him getting the shot then.

Munoz, okami, jacare, rockhold, and bisping are all above mousasi on the 185 ladder. I'd like to see mousasi beat at least a top ten middle weight before we start looking at giving him a contender fight.

And yes I know he beat jacare but that was from a lucky ass upkick while jacare was having his way. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 11:21 PM
MMALOGIC

Everybody wants this fight.

7/18/13 11:21 PM
nolabrum
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This would be a great fight. I was under the impression constantin philippou was campaigning for the same fight. If Silva beats Weidman do they have a 3rd or give it to one of these guys? MW division is very exciting right now. So many guys in the mix. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 11:25 PM
Lahzerous
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyCoolGuy - Mousasi looked pretty bad in his last fight though tbh. I could see it going either way, depends which Mousasi turns up.

You mean the fight where his doctor told him not to fight and get surgery for his knee instead? But he keep quite about it so the card could still have a main event and took a fight where he had nothing to gain and everything to loose?
7/18/13 11:27 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd really enjoy that fight and think that it would be a good way to keep the contenders active until Silva/Weidman have their rematch.

7/19/13 12:00 AM
creepymcfinger

RockMeAmadeus - The will be a competitive and AWESOME fight for the fans!

Hope Vitor doesn't dick-tuck!
Fuckin fagot Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.