UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Have you ever asked your friends..

7/18/13 11:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why they DON'T practice martial arts?? or trane ufc?
7/18/13 11:13 PM
LyotoBundy
312 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have, and they aren't concerned with being able to adequately defend themselves. Fuck that. Phone Post
7/18/13 11:15 PM
ShanTheMan
721 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most my friends are more concerned with their call of duty rank. Buncha dorks.....

I only care about Battlefield
7/18/13 11:21 PM
MartialArtsMixed
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XIITT_Bozy - Got one buddy who was gonna be a UFC fighter. Got the tattoos, the TapouT and mma elite clothing. Even bought a pair if everlast boxing gloves. He showed up to one sparring session and got walked into a overhand right. Never boxed again. Just talks about it. Phone Post
Lol love these stories Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 11:22 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LyotoBundy - I have, and they aren't concerned with being able to adequately defend themselves. Fuck that. Phone Post
Aint nobody got time for that.gif Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 11:30 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, I have friends with all different tastes, Rugby players, Football players, Computer Science guys and they don't pressure me to try their sports/hobbies so I don't pressure them.

I've asked one or two who I thought would excel and it was just not their bag.

7/18/13 11:57 PM
QuadAces
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was at a college party a few years ago (OK, a few decades), and was talking martial arts with someone I'd just met. One of his friends came over and laughed at us.

"You guys are aware that it's 1993, right? We've had guns for, like, over a hundred years. All that chop socky bullshit is obsolete."

Really?

"Fuck yeah. Why go through all the effort to learn that chop socky bullshit when you can just blast a fool?"

So what kind of gun do you have?

"I have lots. A 1911, a 9mm Beretta, a Smith and..."

No. Right here and now. What are you carrying?

"Well, right now I don't have any..."

So if some shit starts here tonight, you're helpless, but I have my chop socky bullshit. I always have it. You can't take a gun or even a knife on a plane, but I can take my chop socky bullshit. If we get arrested, they'll take our belts and shoelaces. But you know what they can't take? My chop socky bullshit.

"Yeah, well, uh, I'm getting a beer."

*First guy high fives me* Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 12:04 AM
QuadAces
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As for my friends, the athletic ones think that situational awareness, combined with their childhood football/wrestling/scrapping/McDojo experience, is good enough. Experience has shown that they're right.

The unathletic ones laugh, and say that's why they hang around with me. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 3:05 AM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

QuadAces - I was at a college party a few years ago (OK, a few decades), and was talking martial arts with someone I'd just met. One of his friends came over and laughed at us.

"You guys are aware that it's 1993, right? We've had guns for, like, over a hundred years. All that chop socky bullshit is obsolete."

Really?

"Fuck yeah. Why go through all the effort to learn that chop socky bullshit when you can just blast a fool?"

So what kind of gun do you have?

"I have lots. A 1911, a 9mm Beretta, a Smith and..."

No. Right here and now. What are you carrying?

"Well, right now I don't have any..."

So if some shit starts here tonight, you're helpless, but I have my chop socky bullshit. I always have it. You can't take a gun or even a knife on a plane, but I can take my chop socky bullshit. If we get arrested, they'll take our belts and shoelaces. But you know what they can't take? My chop socky bullshit.

"Yeah, well, uh, I'm getting a beer."

*First guy high fives me* Phone Post 3.0

Gets the vote up.

A good amount of my friends tend to get by off of confidence alone.

But what if you fight someone like Enson?"Yamato Damashii" What if you fight someone who is well trained? Does athleticism still count? I doubt it.

I'm standing behind Dana's statement that guys who train and fight are just a different breed of human.
7/19/13 3:32 AM
Hocky Balboa
7995 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't really like pillow talk.

7/19/13 9:26 AM
HandyDarsh
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I don't like violence like you do"

......... Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 12:57 PM
ryans
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Why would I pay to roll around hugging sweaty hairy men adorned in white dressing gowns"...

*Reassesses life*
7/19/13 2:00 PM
Jesus KO'd stayrad
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XIITT_Bozy - Got one buddy who was gonna be a UFC fighter. Got the tattoos, the TapouT and mma elite clothing. Even bought a pair if everlast boxing gloves. He showed up to one sparring session and got walked into a overhand right. Never boxed again. Just talks about it. Phone Post
Haha love seeing guys like that. Couple of my friends wanted to come to trane where I used to trane UFC. Ido t anymore I already am ranked Teal belt mma.

But one guy took a nutshot with no cup while light sparring drills and he never came back,

Another guy who thought he would be tuf because he was big got subbed by like 125lber a bunch of times and in the car trip home bad mouthed everyone never returned Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 2:05 PM
Mustard Tiger
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joshua King - I tell the car hop at sonic and the dishwasher at work that I'm a James Toney Jiu Jitsu black belt Phone Post 3.0

7/19/13 2:19 PM
AssassinsNATION

I don't have time (yet spends hours upon hours inside on the couch watching TV or playing video games), can't afford to get injured (legit IMO if they don't have medical or their job would let the go if they did get injured), used to take karate (at 10 yrs old) so I hear the "I have a basic understanding of what I have to do if threatened and with my past training I feel confident", and no bullshit one friend always says "all I have to do is hit them in the throat or kick their knee and that's all", last but not least "I'm to crazy for that man I just wanna go in and fuck people up". My response to all of them is just a smile and a oh yeah you got it all figured out. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 2:25 PM
AssassinsNATION

XIITT_Bozy - ^Your friends are legit. Watch out bro. Phone Post
Yeah I know right, they are good people for the most part just a skewed sense of reality when it comes to defending themselves and knowing what some are really capable of. I tried to convince them to take BJJ classes that its not what they think and can learn a lot. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 2:27 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Almost all of my friends are people I trane or have traned UFC with.

7/19/13 2:42 PM
AssassinsNATION

XIITT_Bozy -
AssassinsNATION -
Yeah I know right, they are good people for the most part just a skewed sense of reality when it comes to defending themselves and knowing what some are really capable of. I tried to convince them to take BJJ classes that its not what they think and can learn a lot. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah man, my one buddy that has never done anything but is a future UFC fighter says a good kick to the knee and you win. Every time in a fight he will kick the knee. He's unbeatable. Phone Post
It's amazing that that technique is such a game changer and seems to be a typical response from many. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 3:18 PM
HowTastesChrisWeiner
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swedgen -

Haha, dude on the right has coin slots for eyes. Phone Post
7/19/13 3:32 PM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that to a lot of people life gets in the way. For example I used to train BJJ for a
few years, had a serious back injury and now I always say I'm going to go but it never happens. I have a successful job and earn great money and love to spend time with my wife and kids. It's all about priorities and yes of course finding a balance. And yes I miss it. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 3:50 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
431 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AssassinsNATION - 
XIITT_Bozy -
AssassinsNATION -
Yeah man, my one buddy that has never done anything but is a future UFC fighter says a good kick to the knee and you win. Every time in a fight he will kick the knee. He's unbeatable. Phone Post
It's amazing that that technique is such a game changer and seems to be a typical response from many. Phone Post 3.0

How do so many of you guys know Jon Jones?

7/19/13 4:10 PM
dermotfix
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JFC1001 - I think that to a lot of people life gets in the way. For example I used to train BJJ for a
few years, had a serious back injury and now I always say I'm going to go but it never happens. I have a successful job and earn great money and love to spend time with my wife and kids. It's all about priorities and yes of course finding a balance. And yes I miss it. Phone Post 3.0

7/19/13 4:35 PM
AssassinsNATION

UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode -
AssassinsNATION - 
XIITT_Bozy -
AssassinsNATION -

How do so many of you guys know Jon Jones?

Haha VTFU. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 5:03 AM
JFC1001

dermotfix -
JFC1001 - I think that to a lot of people life gets in the way. For example I used to train BJJ for a

Voted up. Got the day off tomorrow due to earthquake. Will roll instead :) Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 5:26 AM
scaredy cat
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armbarseverywhere - why they DON'T practice martial arts?? or trane ufc?

I don't Trane because reasons but I encourage my friends to. Some of them have really taken to it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.