UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Chris Weidman's Punchout (lookoutawhale version)

7/20/13 11:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lookoutawhale
999 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uniquetechnique - Sweet! Your GFX skills are really good. Been playing with AE for over a decade already. Do you play with Cinema 4D as well? Played with it for a few weeks and its just not for me.

thanks unique. Ive actually been thinking about getting into that. Cinema 4d seems interesting and have that 3d knowledge would be pretty cool.

I didnt like After Effects when i first started as the timeline just looked compilcated when you start adding a bunch of effects and keyframes but then i got use to it. How are you like after effects at the moment? make any interesting stuff that you put on youtoube or anything?

When i made Rocky 83 i got confused a bit on the Z space aspect of 3d that the cameras could do but then kinda got use to it. Im hoping Cinema 4d will be the same. Weird at first but then get use to it.

What did you not like about Cinema 4d? did it just get complicated?

7/20/13 11:17 PM
Smith1234
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 11:17 PM
6ULDV8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your stuff is amazing.  I lose hours in your youtube channel.

7/20/13 11:25 PM
Team GDP
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOAW is the GOAT. that was incredible man. big VTFU

7/20/13 11:34 PM
lookoutawhale
999 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/20/13 11:34 PM
tubuku01 -  Still can't see shit, was it taken down? Phone Post

no its back up. not sure why its not working for you.. Maybe clear the cache in your browser to watch it?

heres a direct link to the youtube. maybe it will work for you there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Gi3jLRJmVKU

7/20/13 11:36 PM
Team GDP
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck i just can get over how incredibly talented you are. that shit was insane. 

7/21/13 12:38 AM
TopGrinder

As a guy that grew up with this game with hundreds of hours played on it I congratulate u. Sound effects, captions, pacing, visual effects, cameos was all spot on.

I've done some work this in the past and I know how long this shit takes. Hope this shit reaches much farther than here with us nerds. The worlds needs need to see this. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 12:39 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

amazing, AMAZING lol...I missed it, but what's the story on Usher/Seagal/Silva?

7/21/13 12:45 AM
RussFro
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/21/13 12:46 AM
just got pulled from youtube

"W31dm4n's ..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by UFC.
7/21/13 1:53 AM
lookoutawhale

Edited: 07/21/13 1:53 AM
RussFro - just got pulled from youtube

"W31dm4n's ..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by UFC.

yup seems like they asked youtube to remove it again.

oh well, thats was that i guess. that video had its moment of glory.

my videos usually go out like firecrackers though haha. a quick rise and then ufc usually kills them in under a day or 2.

7/21/13 2:13 AM
uniquetechnique
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lookoutawhale - 
uniquetechnique - Sweet! Your GFX skills are really good. Been playing with AE for over a decade already. Do you play with Cinema 4D as well? Played with it for a few weeks and its just not for me.

thanks unique. Ive actually been thinking about getting into that. Cinema 4d seems interesting and have that 3d knowledge would be pretty cool.

I didnt like After Effects when i first started as the timeline just looked compilcated when you start adding a bunch of effects and keyframes but then i got use to it. How are you like after effects at the moment? make any interesting stuff that you put on youtoube or anything?

When i made Rocky 83 i got confused a bit on the Z space aspect of 3d that the cameras could do but then kinda got use to it. Im hoping Cinema 4d will be the same. Weird at first but then get use to it.

What did you not like about Cinema 4d? did it just get complicated?

I think I posted this a while back. I did this for a sizzle and got paid $28k for this. We shot and I did the editing, AE and also Maya with 3ds max with some PS. This was probably the project that also decided that I could not do a project this big ever again since it took me about almost 6 weeks to finish this. The show got picked up but then Henry Hill died and the show got dropped in a heartbeat.
By the way, how many layers was that in AE total?

Cinema 4d was like me doing AE all over again if I picked it up. AE is like Jiu Jitsu, you learn something knew all the time no matter how experienced you are.
7/21/13 2:16 AM
uniquetechnique
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But yes, I do notice that you have a very creative eye in all that you do. I am sure that if you keep up the work you are doing , you will definitely get picked up from someone pretty big. Good Luck!
PM me your info by the way, I am so busy with shooting that if any of my clients need some editing or even AE GFX, you can earn a pretty penny.
7/21/13 2:17 AM
uniquetechnique

Mobster Sizzle Reel from Big7 Media on Vimeo.

Heres that Video by the way.
7/21/13 2:25 AM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow. Incredible.

Stunning... Speechless. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 2:31 AM
6ULDV8

That sucks.

7/21/13 3:16 AM
chaplinshouse
715 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

weidman punchout never die!! re-upped

7/21/13 4:06 AM
6ULDV8

Yes!  Viva La Revolucion!

TTT

7/21/13 4:21 AM
Calavaro
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems like someone uploaded it to MEGA
https://mega.co.nz/#!ERIBxYBB!KZwCP3Drqol9bgQsnERLJlJd3R1HTA0YYggbT4k5iU0
7/21/13 2:46 PM
Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuckin A, I wanted to show that original video to my friends on facebook, fuck UFC copyright, hope people are downloading it and sharing it. we wont be denied!
7/21/13 4:08 PM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What can I say? Simply awesome VTFU!
7/21/13 4:52 PM
cqjnell
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 5:26 PM
DatSpider
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is some talent right there. VTFU!

7/21/13 7:07 PM
chaplinshouse
715 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that was an UNLISTED upload i put up earlier on this thread page.  (means u have to have the direct link to see it, won't come up in searches) only got 26 views from you fine thread people.  and wouldn't ya know? go taken down less than 24 hours later. there is a spy among us telling ufc/youtube about it. not like another website had the above linked and it was found out that way.  

who are the ufc shills here? 

7/21/13 8:19 PM
lookoutawhale

Edited: 07/21/13 8:34 PM
uniquetechnique - But yes, I do notice that you have a very creative eye in all that you do. I am sure that if you keep up the work you are doing , you will definitely get picked up from someone pretty big. Good Luck!
PM me your info by the way, I am so busy with shooting that if any of my clients need some editing or even AE GFX, you can earn a pretty penny.

Just saw the video that was pretty kick ass. im busy with work at the moment but if i hit a snag in the future ill drop you a line sometime. ill add you as a friend so i remember. That sucks that Henry Hill died right when this thing was going ot get picked up. I saw your vimeo page, are you doing other tv show stuff at the moment or are focusing more in wedding videos now?

gotchyea. Im looking all these those 3d programs - 3d studio max, softimage. maya and Cinema4d. I heard a lot of the tv show industry is using Cinema and the video game modelling people use more stuid max and softimage, maya. What your take on those programs, if you were getting into it now? Are they are pretty similar? Im leaning towards learning Cinema4d . Did you learn these programs on the job or did you have to read a book or take classes on it?

Also how come  you used both maya and 3d studio max for that wicked mobster promo you made? wouldnt one 3d program be enough for a video? I really loved that murder scene where they are taking photos and that car is being hoised out of the water. very neat. Was that AE with the 3d camera moving in or 3d programs?

edit:oh and that weidman punchout was probably around 250 layers. Compositions nested within a composition. and i hear ya AE and photoshop are pretty deep in what you can do.  When you start mixing and matching effects with blending layers and everything. Tough to really master them. You learn new stuff all the time and with 3rd party plugins that increase the depth. The 3d programs must be even crazier.

7/21/13 8:27 PM
Eisenberg
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hilarious, LOAW delivers as always.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.