UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Please help Rachel get to Disney World

8/5/13 4:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Knockdown1967
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bknumber1 - TTT

Best of luck to Rachel and her family. Phone Post 3.0

Thank you brother

8/5/13 4:53 PM
Severnsmustache
367 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't see this until today. I am going to send it around my office this week and get her taken care of.

8/5/13 4:53 PM
Knockdown1967
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201265226145493&set=a.1706880884658.90950.1617135435&type=1&theater

Rachel with Renzo in 2005, she was at the NY Academy often with her mom, while I trained.

8/5/13 6:29 PM
rhoadspga
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john_d1974 -

we cant send every "special" child to disney world!

Reminds me of a story I read a long time ago about a little girl walking along the beach after a bunch of starfish got landlocked. And she's going and picking them up one by one and tossing them back into the ocean. A "wise" old man walks up and says to her, "there's thousands of starfish here, there's no eat you can make a difference!"

She picks another one up and throws it into the ocean then looks at the man and said, "I made a difference to that one."

So, no, we can't send every child with special needs to Disneyland. But just maybe we can help send this one. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 6:31 PM
rhoadspga
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*way, not "eat" Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 6:43 PM
i remember halloween
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rhoadspga - *way, not "eat" Phone Post 3.0

Good story.  For a second I thought you were Charles Barkley and was going to congratulate you for much improved grammar.

8/5/13 10:54 PM
bluecloud
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rhoadspga - 
john_d1974 -

we cant send every "special" child to disney world!

Reminds me of a story I read a long time ago about a little girl walking along the beach after a bunch of starfish got landlocked. And she's going and picking them up one by one and tossing them back into the ocean. A "wise" old man walks up and says to her, "there's thousands of starfish here, there's no eat you can make a difference!"

She picks another one up and throws it into the ocean then looks at the man and said, "I made a difference to that one."

So, no, we can't send every child with special needs to Disneyland. But just maybe we can help send this one. Phone Post 3.0

I like it!!! Thank you :)
8/5/13 10:55 PM
bluecloud
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Severnsmustache - 

Didn't see this until today. I am going to send it around my office this week and get her taken care of.

I really appreciate it :)
8/6/13 12:12 AM
manzuri
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt for Rachel!

best of luck to the both of you! Phone Post
8/6/13 3:44 AM
tiger07
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

Hope she gets there!
8/6/13 9:13 AM
Synado
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bluecloud - 
Synado - Where's RACHEL?!?!! Many groups that do this already.

I think you were asking where Rachel lives, we live in NJ, MANY groups are out there and they do associate with each other so that wishes are not granted multiple times to the same person. But even if they didn't communicate with each other I wouldn't contact one because there are TONS of kids with special needs and they all should be able to get a wish from a wish granting organization when they are dealing with a life threatening illness or life threatening disability. We had a wish granted in 2006 and that will be our one wish. Seven years later I would like to do something special for Rachel.

I was quasi making a batman joke. But now that I think I have established this is not a scam. I will go ahead and donate a little. Take pictures!
8/6/13 3:09 PM
bluecloud

Synado - 
bluecloud - 
Synado - Where's RACHEL?!?!! Many groups that do this already.

I think you were asking where Rachel lives, we live in NJ, MANY groups are out there and they do associate with each other so that wishes are not granted multiple times to the same person. But even if they didn't communicate with each other I wouldn't contact one because there are TONS of kids with special needs and they all should be able to get a wish from a wish granting organization when they are dealing with a life threatening illness or life threatening disability. We had a wish granted in 2006 and that will be our one wish. Seven years later I would like to do something special for Rachel.

I was quasi making a batman joke. But now that I think I have established this is not a scam. I will go ahead and donate a little. Take pictures!

Thank you - every little bit helps!! And I will definitely takes TONS of pictures and post :)
8/7/13 1:25 AM
bknumber1
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post 3.0
8/7/13 1:29 AM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bump Phone Post
8/7/13 1:42 AM
melendez
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be wiling to auction some autographed gear to a UG'er and donate the money.

Let me know.

8/7/13 2:02 AM
jfcundiff
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bluecloud send me a PM. I have something I could do for you.
8/7/13 2:40 AM
bknumber1
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just talked to a buddy. He doesn't have much money but what he is going to do is donate a Gi and have all the top BJJ Black Belts out here on Oahu sign it. I will ship it to Susanne as a gift to Rachel. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/13 4:18 AM
bluecloud

bknumber1 - Just talked to a buddy. He doesn't have much money but what he is going to do is donate a Gi and have all the top BJJ Black Belts out here on Oahu sign it. I will ship it to Susanne as a gift to Rachel. Phone Post 3.0

SO COOL!!!! Thank you, he and I just talked and I'll make sure to get photos of Rachel with her Gi - perfect for the fighter that she is!
8/7/13 4:19 AM
bluecloud

Article from Joey "Knockdown" Brown and Rachel from Lockflow, originally in NJ Herald News 2005

http://www.lockflow.com/fighters-soft-side-gift-little-girl
8/7/13 4:25 AM
bluecloud

melendez - 

Let me know.

Very cool, this way someone gets something awesome in return and I appreciate your generosity!
8/7/13 12:52 PM
jfcundiff
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bluecloud - 
melendez - 

Let me know.

Very cool, this way someone gets something awesome in return and I appreciate your generosity!

Sent you an email.
8/8/13 12:01 PM
bknumber1

TTT Phone Post 3.0
8/8/13 1:14 PM
Synado
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Update

Hi Synado,
$3,700.00 has been raised for Disney Dreaming for Disabled Darling .

You might even know some of the recent supporters mentioned below...

GoFundMe users rely on the support of their friends & family to help spread the word. Can you think of anyone else who might want to make a contribution?

If so, send this campaign link to a friend now:
http://www.gofundme.com/3kdpww

Thanks for your support,
- The GoFundMe Team
8/8/13 3:18 PM
bluecloud

Thank you!
8/8/13 11:49 PM
bluecloud

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.