UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How Silva Can Cement Himself As The Goat

7/20/13 12:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Diazed And Confused
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since the loss to Weidman, we've seen a lot of bandwagon jumpers giving up on Silva's claim as "The Goat".

I, even before the loss, hold Fedor higher than Silva in that regard, but I see how Silva can truly elevate his legacy to the next level.

1. Defeat Weidman in a convincing fashion
2. Defend the belt once more, possible Rubber-Match victory
3. Move down to have a Superfight with GSP (Capture belt)
4 Move up to LHW for Superfight with Jones (Capture belt)

Tri-division champ, stop the possibility of GSP/Jones breaking some of his records, defeat the best P4P fighters, and do what Fedor could never do, rebound from "the loss".

Accomplishing these high feat, even though it may seem ludicrous, will fully cement him as the GOAT.

Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 12:27 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see him ever going to 170. I think he's the best ever to this point even if he does none of those things. There will always be more people "require" him to do though to put him up there. Phone Post
7/20/13 12:30 AM
Diazed And Confused
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - I don't see him ever going to 170. I think he's the best ever to this point even if he does none of those things. There will always be more people "require" him to do though to put him up there. Phone Post
If he accomplishes these, no one will ever be able to refute the claim. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 12:34 AM
nolabrum
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am not a Silva fan but he is already the GOAT. You can flip a coin between him and Fedor and you have your GOAT. But if he went up and beat Jones, He will surpass Fedor. imo
7/20/13 12:36 AM
Brock Lobster
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's the GOAT. No questions asked. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 12:45 AM
TuLegit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson will lose the rematch. His career will go a similar path as penns. Has the talent but has already accomplished too much to get motivated anymore. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 12:53 AM
Caught_clean
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those steps don't seem unreasonable and quite simple.... Top lols Phone Post
7/20/13 12:54 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diazed And Confused -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - I don't see him ever going to 170. I think he's the best ever to this point even if he does none of those things. There will always be more people "require" him to do though to put him up there. Phone Post
If he accomplishes these, no one will ever be able to refute the claim. Phone Post 3.0
True, but it may be a bit unrealistic. Phone Post
7/20/13 12:55 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Sorry shouldn't say unrealistic. That's just some crazy stuff to accomplish. Phone Post
7/20/13 1:02 AM
Entreri

Weidman maybe he can beat, that is about it.

As for GOAT, 3 contenders, Fedor, GSP and Silva.

Jones will be #4 soon enough and will be #1 if he can get the HW title. This is very possible for Jones.
7/20/13 1:15 AM
12SixElbow
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diazed And Confused - Since the loss to Weidman, we've seen a lot of bandwagon jumpers giving up on Silva's claim as "The Goat".

I, even before the loss, hold Fedor higher than Silva in that regard, but I see how Silva can truly elevate his legacy to the next level.

Tri-division champ, stop the possibility of GSP/Jones breaking some of his records, defeat the best P4P fighters, and do what Fedor could never do, rebound from "the loss".

Accomplishing these high feat, even though it may seem ludicrous, will fully cement him as the GOAT.

Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0

Silva is already over Fedor, without much arguement IMO.

Fedor fought how many top 10 opponents in 40 fights? 9?

(Fedor is GOAT HW for sure)

Anderson's resume is second to none....

UFC Middleweight Championship
    Unified UFC Middleweight and Pride FC Welterweight Championship
    Most Knockout of the Night Awards in the UFC (Seven times)
    Most consecutive title defenses (10)
    Most successful title defenses (10)

Tied (Georges St-Pierre) for most wins in UFC title fights (11)
    Most finishes in UFC title fights (9)
    Most finishes in the UFC (14)

Most consecutive wins in the UFC (16)
    Highest significant strike accuracy in UFC (67.8%)
    Most knockdowns landed in UFC History (17)
    Tied (Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture) for third most wins in the UFC (16)
    Longest UFC title reign (2457 days)

7/20/13 1:18 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

12SixElbow -
Diazed And Confused - Since the loss to Weidman, we've seen a lot of bandwagon jumpers giving up on Silva's claim as "The Goat".

Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0

Good post. Phone Post
7/20/13 1:31 AM
Stigga
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -

Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0

Great post. I really like that stat with 9 finishes in title fights Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 1:53 AM
Diazed And Confused

Edited: 07/20/13 1:54 AM

It is still refuted, that is what I am saying, accomplishing these will make it a universal truth.

I did say "even though it may seem ludicrous", I'm not deluded to think this is a small feat. 

7/20/13 2:01 AM
MrColdCock
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Avenging the Weidman loss will go a long way.

Also beating Jones would cement it IMO.

Fedor is still #1 for me. Phone Post
7/20/13 2:11 AM
sparkuri

Beat Weidman, Belfort again, Jones and another good lhw or hw. IE: Machida ect.
Won't happen. Phone Post
7/20/13 3:04 AM
Purgey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Entreri - Weidman maybe he can beat, that is about it.

As for GOAT, 3 contenders, Fedor, GSP and Silva.

Jones will be #4 soon enough and will be #1 if he can get the HW title. This is very possible for Jones.
Jones already is 4 and if he keeps up the title defenses like he is he'll be #1, he doesn't need to be a 2 division champ or even fight at HW to be #1 Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 10:15 AM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0

I love Anderson, but to say there is no argument, I garauntee you did not watch Fedor when he fought. rankings are a joke half the time, so saying he beat more top 10 guys can mean everything or not much. if its the weakest division in history, the top 10 guys arent all that great alot of times. They didnt even have a contender an few times and put belfort in there. Anderson got his title shot for beating ONE guy, Leben. thats how stacked the MW division was when Anderson started in UFC. Lutter got a shot for winning the show and beating one guy, Cote.

that list you put up is impressive, but lets not forget the Cote, Lietes, Lutter, Irvin, Maia, Bonner, etc type fights Anderson has had either. most of those guys had nothing to offer Anderson and were a joke that some of them made it to the top 10. Semmy, Fujita, etc may not have been top 10 guys, but just using your brain you would know guys like Semmy, Fujita, even Choi are tougher fights than Lietes, Cote, Lutter, etc. Fedor fought tougher fighters and humans more often than Anderson did.

and he goes undefeated for almost 10 yrs in the 80%+ finishing rate HW division and its not even close? OK!

7/20/13 10:18 AM
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri -  Beat Weidman, Belfort again, Jones and another good lhw or hw. IE: Machida ect.
Won't happen. Phone Post

Beat Weidman, Belfort again, then Jones.

that would probably do it for me. beating Jones is the big one of these though.

7/20/13 6:16 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0

I agree Anderson is number one, but to say without much argument is over stating it, Fedor is very close. You could toss a coin between the two.

7/20/13 6:26 PM
jac0bear
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock Lobster - Anderson's the GOAT. No questions asked. Phone Post 3.0
This. He has continually fought higher level competition that Fedor and acted like a jackass and still beat everybody convincingly! If he fought to his full capabilities every fight there would be no questions asked about who is the GOAT Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 7:15 PM

jac0bear - 
This. He has continually fought higher level competition that Fedor and acted like a jackass and still beat everybody convincingly! If he fought to his full capabilities every fight there would be no questions asked about who is the GOAT Phone Post 3.0

well to be fair, Anderson would not be toying and playing around with Herring, Semmy, Fujita, even Choi or Big Daddy.

and I'm pretty sure Fedor would have a few extra highlight reels himself if he fought Cote, Liets, Lutter, Maia, Irvin, Okami, etc.

1) Fedor dominated the HW division

2) Anderson dominated the MW division

3)Anderson beat Hendo, Hendo beat Fedor. They could obviously be fighting the same level of guys. and yet, see #1 & #2!
7/21/13 1:08 AM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - 
jac0bear - 

well to be fair, Anderson would not be toying and playing around with Herring, Semmy, Fujita, even Choi or Big Daddy.

and I'm pretty sure Fedor would have a few extra highlight reels himself if he fought Cote, Liets, Lutter, Maia, Irvin, Okami, etc.

1) Fedor dominated the HW division

2) Anderson dominated the MW division

3)Anderson beat Hendo, Hendo beat Fedor. They could obviously be fighting the same level of guys. and yet, see #1 & #2!

*Yaaaawn*

Henderson beat THE smallest, weakest, oldest, slowest version of Fedor yet....LIGHT YEARS awayfrom facing a MUCH stronger, faster, heavier, more explosive, and better skilled Fedor of several years prior.

THAT version of Fedor beats ANY version of Hendo AND Anderson in the same night.
7/21/13 6:17 AM
Diazed And Confused

TTT for discussion.

Calm down with the VD's people, it's a positive thread. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.