UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Rumble had fought Rory McDonald @ 170?

7/20/13 9:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bullwinkle
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who wins?
7/20/13 9:59 PM
The Brool Story Company
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Humble by starching

7/20/13 10:02 PM
Waffler742
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If good weight cut, rumble

If typical rumble cut, McDonald Phone Post
7/20/13 10:04 PM
Augustus Caesar
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Macdonald would have broke his will by putting pressure on him and making Rumble gas, in my opinion. 

7/20/13 10:15 PM
youarewhatiswrong
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory whens when he gets a portion of Rumble's purse before the fight even starts.
7/20/13 10:17 PM
cfv
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rory..by not cutting weight til he's almost dead.
7/21/13 2:56 AM
slamming

The fuck? Johnson isn't even in Rory's league on his very best day. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 3:03 AM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seeing as johnson got RNC'd by Kos, and i have rory on a level WAY above Kos...Rory easily
7/21/13 3:05 AM
ChaosOverkill
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rumble gets one good round in before Rory takes over

7/21/13 3:08 AM
Twister Trent
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming - The fuck? Johnson isn't even in Rory's league on his very best day. Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 3:26 AM
Poptarts

Rumble although explosive, extremely powerful, amazing reach and a great wrestling base mainly used for sprawling was always sloppy and reckless. His lead leg high kick was the only noteworthy thing he had in his entire arsenal. I sort of wish he would of stuck around at 170lbs until he started fighting guys he couldn't bully. His most impressive with was Brenneman at 170lbs no?
7/21/13 3:27 AM
UGCTT_AndersonKnowsHowToNap
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Rumble fought Rory at WW.. They'd probably be fighting at MW. Lol

Joking aside Rory would most likely take that ass. As much as I hate him, he's on track to becoming one of the best fighters in the world. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 3:29 AM
Purgey
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Humble on a good day is a fucking dangerous opponent, no matter what weight class. Rory by 2'nd round sub though. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 3:31 AM
AndrewJitsu
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rumble is a Hw. Dude is lucky to be alive. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 3:32 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rumble would rock Rory, Rory gets him down and subs him in round 2. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 3:51 AM
Poptarts

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Rumble would rock Rory, Rory gets him down and subs him in round 2. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not sure how easy Rory could get Rumble down but a gassed Rumble is toast anywhere vs Rory. Also Rory isn't much smaller, wouldn't get bullied, is quicker, way more technical, better movement ect....He'd work Rumble probably wouldn't get rocked.
7/21/13 4:26 AM
KingD87
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poptarts -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - Rumble would rock Rory, Rory gets him down and subs him in round 2. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not sure how easy Rory could get Rumble down but a gassed Rumble is toast anywhere vs Rory. Also Rory isn't much smaller, wouldn't get bullied, is quicker, way more technical, better movement ect....He'd work Rumble probably wouldn't get rocked.
Rory is quicker than Rumble? Rumble is lightning fast when he's had a good cut. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 4:46 AM
MattyJ
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma interpreter -
Twister Trent -
slamming - The fuck? Johnson isn't even in Rory's league on his very best day. Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0
Yep, but get used to the Rory hate if you aren't already. People on here LOVE to shit on the guy and underestimate him.

I get it, he hasn't had any top-10 fights outside of Condit, which he lost fairly squarely, but that doesn't discount his talent. He obviously needs one or two wins against top-10 guys to convince everyone how good he really is, and when he destroys Ellenberger, it'll only be one more (hopefully the Condit rematch).

The Rumble comparison is laughable. Yeah, Rumble is fucking huge and was cutting a fuck load of weight to make 170, but he isn't nearly well-rounded enough to beat Rory.

Rory via GnP beatdown or submission. Phone Post
I think people dislike his personality more than they underrate him, as you said his only fight against a contender he lost(though he was winning it) so given that he hasn't beat anyone near the top he gets a lot of hype.

Looking at his skills and performances it will likely be justified but I honestly don't see many people on here playing down his abilities. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.