UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bendo planning five rounds with Pettis

7/21/13 9:23 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1072 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Benson Henderson's only loss in the last six years came at the hands of Anthony Pettis, and how Henderson will have the chance to avenge that loss at UFC 163. Henderson and Pettis' first fight was a back and forth affair, and Henderson expects a tough fight from Pettis, but plans to dominate all five rounds:

"I won't lie to you; I haven't thought about the rematch a whole lot, to be honest," Henderson said. "Of course you want to erase it, but you've got to understand also that you can't erase things. You've got to man up, get on with your life and move on.

"There are other things that take up your time and your energy, such as winning the UFC title. That was first and foremost on my mind. But in the back of my head, of course, I've always been looking forward to getting into the octagon again with Pettis. He worked his way back up to the title shot. They gave it to him, so let's do it."

Revenge or not, the fight looks on paper to be a potential barnburner. With their first meeting more than two-and-a-half years in the past, both fighters insists they'll bring an entirely different skillset to the table. For Henderson, it all boils down to attitude, and he thinks the results are going to be much different than the first time around.

"I took it like a man," Henderson said. "I lost. It happens. The 18-0 New England Patriots, they lost, but they moved on. They got over it. The '91 Bulls, when they lost, it happens. You have to man up, move on, accept it, take it for what it is. Learn from it, grow better from it, improve from it, and then go out there and do your thing again.

"I'm going to go out there and beat him up. I'm going to dominate him for five rounds."

read entire article...

7/21/13 9:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matrixkick
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 9:34 AM
spliff
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so am I
7/21/13 9:40 AM
Erik Tracey
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Color me shocked? lol Phone Post
7/21/13 9:41 AM
Mix6APlix
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR BENDO!
7/21/13 9:54 AM
KimuraKing

Fuck these "champions" who plan to out point their opponents.

Disgusting.
7/21/13 9:57 AM
Kunu

pidgey - God forbid planning for a finish, for once. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 10:06 AM
Mustard Tiger
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matrixkick - Phone Post 3.0

Very appropriate screen name.
7/21/13 10:09 AM
Leck Brosnar

Since Pettis has been finished so many times and is quite easy to finish aswell, Bendo shouldn't be planning to go 5 rounds.
7/21/13 10:13 AM
Oontyex

Kunu -
pidgey - God forbid planning for a finish, for once. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
Agree Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 10:14 AM
I LOVE GSP

every fighter with a brain plans on a fight going the distance that's why they train so hard.
7/21/13 10:32 AM
InvisibleControl

Of course he's planning 5 rounds... He hasn't finished anyone since the WEC PPV... Before he fought Pettis... Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 11:13 AM
Rudi

InvisibleControl - Of course he's planning 5 rounds... He hasn't finished anyone since the WEC PPV... Before he fought Pettis... Phone Post 3.0
So what? at least he is fucking exciting. Phone Post
7/21/13 11:32 AM
Kepler
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi - 
InvisibleControl - Of course he's planning 5 rounds... He hasn't finished anyone since the WEC PPV... Before he fought Pettis... Phone Post 3.0

I really don't find him exciting. In his last 7 fights I don't remember his opponent being in danger once, he simply does not fight for the finish. I don't mind when fights go the distance for example I can watch Dominick Cruz dance around all day and a lot of people do not find him so entertaining. Where as Benson seems to be a jack of all trades and the master of none. Him and Mighty Mouse are the only UFC champs I want rid of.

Not a hater, the guy is certainly talented just very frustrating watching all the neutralising that is going on in the UFC as opposed to fighting.
7/21/13 11:38 AM
Rudi

Kepler -
Rudi - 

I really don't find him exciting. In his last 7 fights I don't remember his opponent being in danger once, he simply does not fight for the finish. I don't mind when fights go the distance for example I can watch Dominick Cruz dance around all day and a lot of people do not find him so entertaining. Where as Benson seems to be a jack of all trades and the master of none. Him and Mighty Mouse are the only UFC champs I want rid of.

Not a hater, the guy is certainly talented just very frustrating watching all the neutralising that is going on in the UFC as opposed to fighting.
Im rooting for pettis in this fight But the guys benson been fighting arent exactly easy to finish. Gil, Edgar, jim miller, Clay. And he put a great beatdown on nate.

I agree about the Mighty Mouse comment as well. I think if dodson gets a rematch dodson will win he is the only 125 fighter with knockout power. Phone Post
7/21/13 11:39 AM
Batarnaque
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar - Since Pettis has been finished so many times and is quite easy to finish aswell, Bendo shouldn't be planning to go 5 rounds.

What you're smoking... I want some. Trolling this bad and obvious in 2013 should be a bannable offense.

I want Pettis to steal Bendo's soul so bad. There's no way anyone can convince me Pettis is an inferior fighter.

Showtime via superior power and accuracy. KO round 4.
7/21/13 11:43 AM
caposa
1592 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you don't say

7/21/13 11:45 AM
Stea1th

In other news Frankie Edgar loses another decision and is getting a rematch for the title. Phone Post
7/21/13 11:56 AM
Rudi

Batarnaque -
Leck Brosnar - Since Pettis has been finished so many times and is quite easy to finish aswell, Bendo shouldn't be planning to go 5 rounds.

What you're smoking... I want some. Trolling this bad and obvious in 2013 should be a bannable offense.

I want Pettis to steal Bendo's soul so bad. There's no way anyone can convince me Pettis is an inferior fighter.

Showtime via superior power and accuracy. KO round 4.
Sarcasm brah. Phone Post
7/21/13 11:56 AM
Stea1th

Is it wrong I want bendo to lose because of his annoying mother screaming at his fights. I felt the same way with woodly got KOed and shut his mother up too. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 12:06 PM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man, i never remember Wandy or Cro-cop or Saku or Royce saying I'm going to go out there and win all the rounds. with that mentality your asking to go to a decision.

how about I'm gonna try to submit or Knock this guy the fuck out!
7/21/13 12:16 PM
Kepler
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/21/13 12:24 PM
@ Rudi Yeah he has been fighting some stellar opponents, but I still feel from watching the fights if he turned the pressure on at some points he could of had a couple TKO finishes or submissions.<br /><br />The thing Mighty Mouse does at the start makes my blood boil :) I wanted both Dodson and McCall to win so badly. <br /><br />Pettis is phenomenal to me, I think he won vs Bart and Clay, the dude should be 18-0 right now. I really respect Duke Roufus and if he says Pettis is going to be the next big thing I believe him.<br /><br />Thank you for the polite discourse, rare to find on the internet :)
7/21/13 12:17 PM
chrisbaker

We need a new champion at 155 fuck this beta mentality. Phone Post
7/21/13 12:25 PM
Ansari
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another thread title by the UG Blog to play to the 15-year-old minds on this forum...

7/21/13 12:26 PM
Stea1th

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - man, i never remember Wandy or Cro-cop or Saku or Royce saying I'm going to go out there and win all the rounds. with that mentality your asking to go to a decision.

how about I'm gonna try to submit or Knock this guy the fuck out!
That's what's wrong with a lot of current fighters Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.