UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Riggs: What they won't show on Fight Master

7/21/13 11:57 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Joe “Diesel” Riggs recently appeared on BJ Penn Radio and discussed his participation in Spike TV’s new reality TV series “Fight Master."

“The big thing is, I don’t know if I was brought in just because I was an old face for one of their up-and-comers to beat, or if they were trying to build the show on me," said Riggs. "I have no idea.  I had no idea going in.  By the way… I knew that I was getting a lot of air-time on the show once I was on the show, you know, when I was in the house I was followed around a lot.  But it was really, I don’t know if they were thinking about that, because I’m a real humble person in real life.  I’m not real arrogant… I, honestly, I felt like f---ing Yoda there.  They all listened to my advice even though I was, in terms of age from the youngest to the oldest on the show, I was right in the middle about.  But yeah, I felt like I was ten years older than everybody.  It was weird.”

“Because we didn’t have s--- to do on the show, so you know, I’d just sit there and tell stories of funny s--- that happened to me, because I have so many stories that… have been so funny in my career with big name fighters that they’re friends with.  So I was telling them that, and they loved it.  It was good.  The other fighters, I’d give them advice, and they were smart enough to listen and not take the abuse and all the bad s--- that comes along with the sport.”

“They don’t really pay attention to the drunkenness of the show.  There are guys that didn’t continue on the show, they paid attention to the guys that were still in the show.  Because the guys falling around drunk, they’re kind of making a [mockery] of the sport, you know?"

However, despite antics staying on the cutting room floor, there were in fact some, as Riggs relates.

“There was one time when a camera crew was getting on my nerves.  It was probably the fourth or fifth week, and they brought a camera in my room; and I knew the producers were watching downstairs, and they were going to put this on TV.  So I go and pull my pants down and start slapping my balls against the camera so they could see it.  That’s just me like a monkey just trying to relieve some tension by rubbing my balls.  They all come up, ‘God damnit, knock it off!’  I was just trying to have a little fun, because there’s really not s--- to do."

“There was a funny time where I had come from cutting weight. I talked to one of the producers, I’ll tell you guys because they don’t show this on TV.  I’d come from cutting weight, and I take my shorts off, my underwear off, and they’re all stained with s---, probably, and whatever, and I threw them in Tim Walsh’s face.  It was a perfect shot to the lips.  And he peels them off his face, and he wheels them at me, and it hits the camera guy right in the lips.  And he went down, talking about throwing up, because they were like saturated with sweat, piss and s---.  I was cutting weight, so I was sitting there like pissing myself.  It was bad.  There were some crazy times, but they didn’t really concentrate on that.”

7/21/13 12:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Benwahwah
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So the show cuts this stuff out because it is bad for the sport and Joe Riggs tells everyone about it anyway?

I'm beginning to really dislike this dude. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 12:04 PM
Warriormmd
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahaha LMFAO at piss soaked pee stained undies smacking your lips! Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 12:05 PM
Warriormmd
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warriormmd - Hahaha LMFAO at piss soaked pee stained undies smacking your lips! Phone Post 3.0
*Shit stained Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 12:09 PM
Muay Tired
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL! Joe Riggs trained at The Lab and Siege MMA, so don't have a bad word to say about him. Seems like he's "keeping it real".
7/21/13 12:14 PM
7/13neverForget
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol thats gross Phone Post
7/21/13 1:39 PM
themexicutioner
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went to Vegas with Riggs, Dewees and a few other guys back in 02/03 to a grapplers quest. Crazy stories too haha!! Joes a super chill dude (to me). Never was cocky, always super funny!! Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 1:52 PM
Dana Stern

What's wrong with this guy!? He keeps coming out with this shit, contradicting himself all along the way and coming off like an asshole. Talks about how he's all this and that and then sounds like a total hypocrite. What a weird dude, seems fascinated with cock and balls, piss, shit, underwear? Keep that shit to yourself dude. When keeping it real goes wrong! Phone Post
7/21/13 1:54 PM
Glovegate

UGCTT_Benwahwah - So the show cuts this stuff out because it is bad for the sport and Joe Riggs tells everyone about it anyway?

I'm beginning to really dislike this dude. Phone Post 3.0

Lol shut up.

7/21/13 2:11 PM
mikerobmma
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pissing your pants while cutting? Who does that? Have some respect for yourself man. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 4:02 PM
goldenboyart

Edited: 07/21/13 4:03 PM
Is Joe still Hooked on Pain Killers.

Wasn't he popped for Opiods on a piss test after a fight a year or two ago?
7/21/13 4:15 PM
ColefistbumpedmyBuffer

That's... Pretty gross. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 4:30 PM
Hessian
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Riggs is a cool chilled guy and a family man if there ever was one.
7/21/13 4:51 PM
YHTOMIT2001
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikerobmma - Pissing your pants while cutting? Who does that? Have some respect for yourself man. Phone Post 3.0
If you haven't pissed yourself, you're not cutting hard enough, bro Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 4:54 PM
HexRei

Jesus christ. some of you talk like you don't know who riggs is or something. He's a badass oldschooler in the sport, if he wants to tell crazy stories let him.
7/21/13 4:55 PM
Thacommish
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gg allin!!!!
7/21/13 5:24 PM
js138
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikerobmma - Pissing your pants while cutting? Who does that? Have some respect for yourself man. Phone Post 3.0
Says someone who's never cut weight. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 5:35 PM
JackintheCrack

GOLD!

7/21/13 6:18 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, is it just me, but Riggs seems a little bit "punch drunk", on fightmaster he's got those glassy eyes and talk like he used to be a drug addict or something.
7/21/13 6:21 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

js138 - 

really?
7/21/13 6:26 PM
ChaosOverkill
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SO guys are pissing and shitting themselves to make weight but don't deserve a premium level of pay for doing this? hmmm

7/21/13 6:31 PM
cdmontgo
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YHTOMIT2001 - 
If you haven't pissed yourself, you're not cutting hard enough, bro Phone Post 3.0

LOL, all new fighters need to be trolled into pissing themselves when cutting from this day forward.
7/21/13 7:07 PM
mikerobmma
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

js138 -
Check out the green name fuckface. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 7:10 PM
mikerobmma

YHTOMIT2001 -
I doubt you've ever pissed yourself cutting weight Timmy. If I have to piss, even from a weight-cutting standpoint, I want every single ounce away from my body. Therefore, I walk my tired body to the toilet. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/13 7:36 PM
Gilbosh
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Riggs, old schooler, down to earth. The Ozzy Osbourne of MMA. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.