UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Teixeira: I'm ready to fight for the title

7/21/13 11:50 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

After Jon Jones defends his title against Alexander Gustafson later this year, there is a short list of viable contenders to fight the winner. Glover Teixeira thinks he is one of them, and hopes to prove in his September bout with Ryan Bader:

"When I said I didn't think I had done enough to earn a title shot, it wasn't because of my confidence or my skills," Teixeira told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "When I said that, it's because I'm new in the company. But I think I have the skills to go over there today and fight for the title and fight Jon Jones."

"My skills and my confidence, I'm ready to fight for the title tomorrow," Teixeira said. "I'm ready to get the title. If Gustafsson gets hurt – and I hope he doesn't, I don't want that for anybody – but I'm always there. If I don't get hurt in the Ryan Bader fight, I'll fight Jon Jones."

read entire article...

7/21/13 11:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Brool Story Company
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Texeira should be fighting Rashad, fuck that Bader fight, stupid fucking match making.

7/22/13 12:38 AM
KZTT_W85
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IMO teixera is the only lhw that bones hasn't defeated with a chance of beating him.

I concede the chance is extremely slim but at least it's a fresh match up and he's well rounded. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 12:40 AM
i_shogun_ruas

Shoulda made Gus vs glover winner fights jones and Glover beats Gus Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 12:45 AM
Kinkle

Glover IMO is JBJ's toughest matchup out there. I feel like JBJ will be the dominant fighter in this fight, he will be the one deciding where the fight takes place. How will Glover handle being taken down and beat up?
7/22/13 12:50 AM
sincitydc
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His cardio looked terrible against rampage. I'm cool with him getting a fight or two more in. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 1:23 AM
Carl Sonnen

sincitydc - His cardio looked terrible against rampage. I'm cool with him getting a fight or two more in. Phone Post 3.0

Yes, make him fight another wrestler after Bader - Phil Davis perhaps.
7/22/13 1:28 AM
hogh20

Anderson could move up to LWH permanently after the next fight with Weidman. Now there is a guy who could take out Bones.
7/22/13 1:32 AM
DoomFarmer
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i_shogun_ruas - Shoulda made Gus vs glover winner fights jones and Glover beats Gus Phone Post 3.0
Exactly this. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 2:31 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

No your not. Bones will make you his bitch. But I will gladly pay to see it. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 2:33 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Carl Sonnen -
sincitydc - His cardio looked terrible against rampage. I'm cool with him getting a fight or two more in. Phone Post 3.0

Yes, make him fight another wrestler after Bader - Phil Davis perhaps.
Lets be real no amount of wrestlers is going to prepare him for the animal known as Jon jones. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 2:51 AM
ChaosOverkill
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/22/13 2:56 AM

Glover is my favorite contender in all divisions right now, the man is a kid in a candy store like JDS he seems unbelievably cool.

You have Pettis practically praying for the Grant Injury and even saying he should volunteer to step aside at LW, and I like Pettis don't get me wrong he seems like just a driven impatient guy, and you have Glover who is probably excited about watching his competitors fight and having a beer with them after he gets fight them at LHW. 

Very different situations but Glover seems like he wants compete and at the end of the day shake hands and toast to a good battle.

7/22/13 8:35 AM
Elhoffo
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good guy Glover wants a title match and is respectable about how he gets it. I think he has a great chance at taking the title but it's going to be a war. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 11:10 AM
ViciousCesar
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/22/13 11:11 AM
Based on the link on the front page, Glover and Feijao were obviously separated at birth.
7/22/13 12:12 PM
Forssberg

Congratulations to the MMA.com news editor on putting up the picture of the wrong fighter.
7/22/13 12:14 PM
Forssberg

Strange Brew - 

Whoever is in charge of this new shit lately is blowing it. A few days ago their was an article about Breaking Bad that had nothing to do with MMA. Someone eventually took it down. Use some of that blue name fundage and get it together.

They must have hired a replacement for the duration of the holidays. Maybe a sweet girl from Entertainment Tonight?
7/22/13 12:17 PM
DJmixmasterMobbie

Glover you need to learn from before. If Gus gets hurt Jon won't fight the replacement.

He needs ample time to prepare.
7/22/13 12:22 PM
Phisher

LOL @ the picture of Feijao attatched to this article. Another new low for UG Blog.

7/22/13 12:29 PM
Malvert the Janitor
843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher -

LOL @ the picture of Feijao attatched to this article. Another new low for UG Blog.

It's Glover on the app... Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 1:17 PM
Phisher

Malvert the Janitor - 
Phisher -

It's Glover on the app... Phone Post 3.0

They must have changed it right after I posted that. When I went to the front page from my bookmark, it was Feijao.

7/22/13 2:37 PM
GarlicSauce

Jones Vs. Texeira, aka the last serious championship fight at LHW. Other than Texeira, every other fight is an inevitable blowout.
7/22/13 2:54 PM
MMALOGIC

Besides Glover, Jones has nobody else at Light Heavy.  I say give Jones glover after the Gustaffson fight (assuming both win) and then superfight with Anderson (if anderson regains title) or superfight with Cain/JDS.

7/22/13 8:30 PM
The Brool Story Company

Jones has the length, but Glover would have the girth

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.