UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> J. Quinlan smashes windshield to help crash victim

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/22/13 6:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Clarence Parents
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty awesome of Jimmy (Team Sonnen) to do this with his bare hands and no shoes on.

7/22/13 7:00 PM
Willin
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elbows would have been a smarter choice? Phone Post
7/22/13 7:03 PM
Clarence Parents
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan - he should have taken his shirt off and wrapped it around his hand.

The fact that he didn't shows that he reacted immediately to the moment completely selfless and I have a ton of respect for that.

7/22/13 7:08 PM
Russ
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my only concern is sometimes moving them is a bad thing with injuries and such.

could be the truck was leaking gas or any number of other reason's.. hell maybe the guy himself was trying to get out?

anyways good on him for helping
7/22/13 7:12 PM
BrattMamley
1719 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
7/22/13 7:24 PM
Ajm1218
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy is a good man and was a police officer, so I'm sure he took into consideration the risks of removing people from the vehicle vs. leaving them in the vehicle. Good job by him.
7/22/13 7:32 PM
Kings21
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I saw the thread titled I honestly thought that somehow it'd be tied to George Zimmerman.

http://gma.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-emerged-hiding-truck-crash-rescue-163123990--abc-news-topstories.html

Anyways, I hope Quinlan is alright. Glad guys like him are around.
7/23/13 3:19 PM
Jimmy Quinlan
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Russ - my only concern is sometimes moving them is a bad thing with injuries and such.

could be the truck was leaking gas or any number of other reason's.. hell maybe the guy himself was trying to get out?

You can see in the picture there was a lot of fluids leaking out of the car.. thats the only reason I smashed out hte windshield, that and the fact cars were still whizzing by at 60-80 MPH and the risk for a second collision was pretty high.. the biggest issue with accidents is they typically lead to more accidents if the scene doesnt get secure so I wanted make sure he was out of the roadway

7/23/13 3:22 PM
Jimmy Quinlan
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willin -  Elbows would have been a smarter choice? Phone Post

A few people thought of this afterwards, but for some reason I tried regular punches then kicks and finally settled on palm heel strikes and ripping back the glass.. for some reason elbows and muay thai knees never crossed my mind.. we all know my striking is shit anyway lol

7/23/13 3:22 PM
Jack Brown
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy Quinlan -
Russ - my only concern is sometimes moving them is a bad thing with injuries and such.

You can see in the picture there was a lot of fluids leaking out of the car.. thats the only reason I smashed out hte windshield, that and the fact cars were still whizzing by at 60-80 MPH and the risk for a second collision was pretty high.. the biggest issue with accidents is they typically lead to more accidents if the scene doesnt get secure so I wanted make sure he was out of the roadway

You are the man! Nice work! Phone Post
7/23/13 3:29 PM
SBogar
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome, real life hero!
7/23/13 3:32 PM
Ryan Black
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are a good man and a damn good person, Mr. Quinlan.

My mother was killed in a car accident when I was 9 months old, she was a police officer, on her way to work in the morning. Hit on the driver's side by an intoxicated woman driving a large truck, who'd ran a red light.

The officer that responded saw the carseat in the back through the window, and, thinking I was in it, reacted selflessly and smashed the window with his fist also. My family still sends that officer Christmas & Birthday cards.

Thank you for doing what you do, sir. When I graduate from the Academy, I can only hope to do my mother proud, pick up where she left off, and be as good a man as you are. Thanks again for doing what you do, Jimmy Quinlan. Phone Post
7/23/13 3:33 PM
SubbedZER0
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan - he should have taken his shirt off and wrapped it around his hand.

fuckin Tyreese style son!

7/23/13 3:34 PM
RickStorm
2828 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

Great job Jimmy!!!

7/23/13 3:37 PM
Jimmy Quinlan

Ryan Black -  You are a good man and a damn good person, Mr. Quinlan.

My mother was killed in a car accident when I was 9 months old, she was a police officer, on her way to work in the morning. Hit on the driver's side by an intoxicated woman driving a large truck, who'd ran a red light.

The officer that responded saw the carseat in the back through the window, and, thinking I was in it, reacted selflessly and smashed the window with his fist also. My family still sends that officer Christmas & Birthday cards.

Thank you for doing what you do, sir. When I graduate from the Academy, I can only hope to do my mother proud, pick up where she left off, and be as good a man as you are. Thanks again for doing what you do, Jimmy Quinlan. Phone Post

I really appreciate that.  A few people have told me stories since reading the article how something like this really hits home for them.  I like to think someone will react in the same way if its me trapped in a car someday.   Good to hear your in the academy and preparing to be an officer yourself.

7/23/13 3:38 PM
CindyO

Why does Jimmy only have 4 positive votes? Vote this hero UP!!!

Cindy

7/23/13 3:47 PM
Ayrin

vtfu for jimmy

7/23/13 3:48 PM
Chris
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, COO

oh the irony in the nickname.

7/23/13 3:48 PM
ilovetortillas
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
So awesome!!!
7/23/13 3:58 PM
ilovetortillas
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Purpose - It's unbelievable how many stories you hear about MMA fighters saving people, stopping robbers, & helping the community. We are fighters, but we are heroes. We are not average people.

I love being part of such a great community!

Thank you, Jimmy.

I totally agree. I am lucky to know so many extraordinary folks.
7/23/13 3:59 PM
RickStorm
2828 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
Chris - 

oh the irony in the nickname.

haha! Didnt catch that at first

Jimmy Crash Quinlan

7/23/13 4:03 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome job Jimmy Quinlan, VU
7/23/13 4:04 PM
RONINXOM
470 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome work Phone Post 3.0
7/23/13 4:14 PM
Jason
506 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin
Jimmy Quinlan - 

A few people thought of this afterwards, but for some reason I tried regular punches then kicks and finally settled on palm heel strikes and ripping back the glass.. for some reason elbows and muay thai knees never crossed my mind.. we all know my striking is shit anyway lol

Should have just double legged and pentrated THROUGH the window buddy! 

7/23/13 4:19 PM
Jimmy Quinlan

Jason - 
Jimmy Quinlan - 

Should have just double legged and pentrated THROUGH the window buddy! 

That was my first thought is how do I wrestle this windshield off the car lol

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.