UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen will be on TRT for Rua bout

7/23/13 1:46 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Whether you are in favor or oppose testesterone replace therapy (TRT), it is still widely accepted by most athletic commmissions. In an interview with Boston.com, Chael Sonnen acknowledged that it has been approved for his August 17th bout with Mauricio Rua in the main event of the UFC on FOX Sports 1 debut:

Following your first fight with Anderson Silva at UFC 117, you had a few problems with the California State Athletic Commission with regard to your use of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Have you had any issues with the Massachussetts commission?

That got accepted on the record. They had a meeting. But, I never broke a rule anywhere. In California, they said that your T to E ratio [testosterone to epitestosterone] was high. Well it was! I was on testosterone. That gap is your ratio. All that tells you is what they already knew, that I was on testosterone. They didn’t understand their own test. They go, “No, your levels are way too high, you’re 17 to 1.” It’s like, guys, I could be 1700 to 1, I’m still within the legal limit. You don’t understand your own test. So they give me six months [suspension] instead of a year. The referee that night is now in prison and that executive director is back home in Washington state and has been fired. But these are the guys that I’m working with. This is what you get when you deal with government.

So I sit before the six person commission, doesn’t know their own rules, and anytime I say that I feel like I’m being condescending. But here’s the reality: They don’t know their own rules. I can go one by one and say what’s on page three. It says right there that testosterone is legal. You brought me in here for taking a legal substance called testosterone. Page three of your rules says its legal, what am I doing here? Oh we didn’t know, we didn’t see page three. So you kind of sit there and scratch your head. It’s the blind leading the blind. So what do I do? I can take them to court and sue them, but now I’ve got to sit out. I don’t get my license back until the court case is over. So they really got you and it’s very inappropriate.

But it’s not just the boxing and wrestling commissions that does this, we see this in all walks with government. We are seeing this with the government officials in New York that aren’t legalizing it. Look, if you don’t want to legalize, then just don’t. But don’t come out and lie about why you’re not. There was a woman that came out, a state senator in New York, that said a UFC commentator had made unflattering remarks towards women, so they will not be legalizing that anytime soon. I’m sitting there going, when did that become the litmus test? So if I find an employee with Coca-Cola that made an unflattering comment, you’d take Coca-Cola out of your city? Do you realize how insane that is? What a violation of First Amendment rights, how overstepping that is. But these are the same people that eventually advance to Washington, D.C., that oversee our health care, our Social Security, our children’s education, what they have for lunch, national defense – these are the same knuckleheads.

read entire article...

7/23/13 1:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Vaginal Tear
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok. Thanks for the heads up. Phone Post 3.0
7/23/13 1:51 AM
teamquestnorth
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell yeah Phone Post
7/23/13 1:52 AM
teamquestnorth
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shoguns fans can use trt as an excuse when he loses as well as the tried and true "shogun wasnt healthy" bs. Phone Post
7/23/13 2:10 AM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and on caffeine, and nootropics, and multi-vitamins.. Anything not to lose to a Brazilian.
7/23/13 2:14 AM
garrote
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
7/23/13 2:19 AM
McCorkledbyMartialArtsMixed
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great story and all chael but you still have to test under the ratio even with a tue.
7/23/13 2:28 AM
Tubarao
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i would be too, seeing the way his fights have been going for him lately. haha Phone Post
7/23/13 2:29 AM
TheFaintingGOATClownedAwayMySN
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

teamquestnorth - Shoguns fans can use trt as an excuse when he loses as well as the tried and true "shogun wasnt healthy" bs. Phone Post
I am not a big shogun fan but he has been done for a while win or lose against Chael. Phone Post 3.0
7/23/13 2:31 AM
FullyLoadedFists

Makes sense to me, Chael Sonnen wouldn't lie. Phone Post
7/23/13 2:40 AM
billhdb
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could someone please decode what Chael was saying? I got lost after the first sentence. Phone Post 3.0
7/23/13 2:56 AM
KingD87
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fuck at some of these responses compared to a Vitor thread. Phone Post 3.0
7/23/13 3:02 AM
crazydave
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rua is a dead man. Phone Post
7/23/13 3:09 AM
ante_up81
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he also said in that interview he cant submit him or knock him out... basically he's gonna try to stall to victory... lolol good luck

7/23/13 3:14 AM
FightsHurt

He is absolutely right about most government regulators being idiots.
7/23/13 3:19 AM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FightsHurt - He is absolutely right about most government regulators being idiots.

Holy fucking Lurkers Batman!

I came back to vote you up for your screen name. I thought you were a 'tenor at first.

I watched a marathon of Dana's VLogs and it's amazing how fucked up and miserable these guys are after a fight.
7/23/13 3:22 AM
MMALOGIC

KingD87 - Holy fuck at some of these responses compared to a Vitor thread. Phone Post 3.0

Vitor wins fights so therefore he needs to be castigated by the vice cops.

7/23/13 4:02 AM
rockemsockem
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rua subs him or KOs him either way! Phone Post 3.0
7/23/13 4:05 AM
Calavaro
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So the "government people" aren't really knuckleheads. They are simply looking for the biggest handout. If that means stalling and making life miserable for someone, that's what they'll do. It's all about money in their own pocket. If Zuffa said publicly they will bribe the people who makes the decision about UFC in New York 500 million dollars, and went ahead with it they would be approved in a matter of seconds. Phone Post
7/23/13 4:26 AM
Mr Sizzzz
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a 12er can someone explain why Vitor gets demolished on here for his TRT but not Chael? Phone Post 3.0
7/23/13 4:47 AM
epic hero

Mr Sizzzz - I'm a 12er can someone explain why Vitor gets demolished on here for his TRT but not Chael? Phone Post 3.0

Basically it comes down to double standards. There are variations in different cases(such as Vitor drug test) but if they gave him the thumbs up it doesn't make sense for people to be complaining about it since they are clearly "by the book" by supporting TRT in the first place.

So ya double standards and bias. People who are by the book when it's convenient but suddenly want to take a moral high ground when it's something they don't agree with.
7/23/13 4:51 AM
fna
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr Sizzzz - I'm a 12er can someone explain why Vitor gets demolished on here for his TRT but not Chael? Phone Post 3.0

vitor needs some played out scripted smack talk to get the fanboys on his side around these parts.

im also baffled about how bendo gets shit on for decisions but chael is a god to many of the same critics. since 08 Chael has 1 win that he finished, benson has 6.

maybe both henderson and vitor are shit on for things chael seemingly gets a free pass for because they are 2 of the more outspoken jesus guys. who knows, but it has to be something.
7/23/13 5:32 AM
jimbonice

Just ban it. Phone Post
7/23/13 6:20 AM
epic hero

jimbonice -  Just ban it. Phone Post

agreed
7/23/13 6:23 AM
T Bag

Chael is a pathological liar.
Lol@stating that he was only suspended due to his ratios. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.