UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Weed brownies first attempt

7/25/13 8:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Onlyonemichaelbisping
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First time baking some up, we were going to do a trial run but got stoned and forgot

Anyone got any interesting tips advice or recipes?

Servings for 4/5 people, stoners of the og give me your knowledge!! Phone Post
7/25/13 8:27 AM
KeezyDoesIt
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a guy with 50 boxes of hamburger helper. You two should hang out Phone Post
7/25/13 8:53 AM
Passive Jay
2314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use vegtable oil instead of butter, its easier to do.  take about an 1/8 of weed. grind it up really good.  Then put it in with the oil (1/3 of a cup if I remember right) and simmer over heat. Make sure you do not let it boil as that will burn it and make it taste nasty. I normally simmer it for about 15 minutes or so. Then just filter the oil ( I use metal coffee filter).

7/25/13 8:57 AM
phillymmafan
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't eat to much ! Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 8:58 AM
derelict
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Passive Jay -

I use vegtable oil instead of butter, its easier to do.  take about an 1/8 of weed. grind it up really good.  Then put it in with the oil (1/3 of a cup if I remember right) and simmer over heat. Make sure you do not let it boil as that will burn it and make it taste nasty. I normally simmer it for about 15 minutes or so. Then just filter the oil ( I use metal coffee filter).

I prefer the oil method too. It's easier and tastes better. Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 9:02 AM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/25/13 9:06 AM

Unless you are making MJ butter, and then making brownies with the MJ butter you are doing it wrong.

THC dissolves into, and sticks to fat or oil.

MJ Butter Recipe:

1 oz "schwag" weed.  Regular ol' shit from Mexico.

2 sticks butter.  Two (2) extra table-spoons of butter.

3 cups of water.

Cheese-cloth, strainer, large pot, large metal bowl, coffee-grinder.

Grind the weed in a coffee grinder.  (The sticky-stuff left in the coffee grinder is gold.  Do not discard.  Scrape and sprinkle on top of a regular bong-hit, or sprinkle it on a joint.)

Throw all the ingredients into a large pot and get it simmering.  Bubbling, simmering but not quite boiling.

Simmer the concoction for an hour.

Pull off stove and let it cool slightly.

Pour the nasty concoction into the double-upped cheese-cloth which is lining the big-ass strainer.  Be sure to squeeze all the butter and run-off through the cheese-cloth.  You will be able to see the greenish-butter and water dripping into the large metal bowl.  Pour some additional hot-ass tap-water over the cheese-cloth bundle, squeeze some more and make sure it gets to the point where you are seeing almost no butter dripping into the large metal bowl.  You will lose a bit of the butter, but that is why you had two (2) extra table-spoons of butter in the recipe.

Discard the cheese-cloth and MJ goop into the trash can. 

You now have about 3-cups of water in your metal bowl, along with two (2) sticks of melted MJ-butter.

Let it cool a bit more, then put it on  a shelf in the fridge.

Two hours later, you will have two (2) sticks of green butter floating and semi-solid on top of the water.

Put it in the freezer for about half an hour.

You know have a solid layer of greenish butter semi-frozen on top of the water.

Gently cut the butter circle in half.  Remove each half.  Drop each seperate half into a plastic zip-lock.  Don't worry if it is all broken up.  No big deal.

Pour the remaining "yuck" left in the bowl (three cups of greenish-brown nastiness) into the toilet and flush it.

You now have two (2) sticks of very potent MJ-butter.  Each single butter-stick contains all the THC contained in a half-ounce of weed.

Grab a bag of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip cookie mix.

It requires one (1) egg and.....drumroll.....one (1) stick of butter. 

Make the recipe as directed, but use one of the MJ-butter sticks instead of regular butter.

Makes 30-cookies.

I weigh 200 pounds and have a very, very high tolerance.

I can only eat 1.5 cookies to start, then one cookie every 3-4 hours.  Yes, 3-4 hours.  Takes about 45-minutes to hit after you ingest the initial cookie(s).

You will  be high like you sat there and constantly ripped bong-hits with hydro all night.  Maybe higher.  And it is a very clean upbeat high.  No lung-char, nothing but a clean-as-fuck THC high.

You still have one (1) stick of butter left over.  Put it in the freezer.  It will last for well over a year.

You can make any dish that requires a stick of butter.  Hell, you could just spread that shit on some toast in the morning if you liked.

That is some potent-as-fuck butter.  However, you can adjust the recipe any way you like.  Make eight (8) sticks all at once for the freezer with  a QP.  Or put in one (1) ounce of weed per butter stick doubling the potency.  Not that you need it any more potent than my recipe above.

Enjoy!

7/25/13 9:20 AM
tourist
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you want to cut down the labor, do as above BUT grind in the coffee grinder until it's like flour. Take the flour and simmer in butter (twice as much as the brownie recipe calls for) to get a buttery goop.

Just add the buttery goop to the brownie mix as is. No straining or floating in water. The goop is perfectly digestible in flour form.

Nothing goes to waste this way, and you get fiber with your brownies in flour form.
7/25/13 9:35 AM
McBottery

Passive Jay - 

This man knows his shit.  Except the few times I did it I believe I did much longer than 15 minutes, turned out great every time.

7/25/13 9:38 AM
Passive Jay
2314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McBottery - 
Passive Jay - 

This man knows his shit.  Except the few times I did it I believe I did much longer than 15 minutes, turned out great every time.

I would say 15 minutes is a minimum. Longer is better but you have to be careful not to overheat it.

7/25/13 9:42 AM
Blueyevil
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is a good butter video.

7/25/13 9:46 AM
Chris Weidened My Sphincter
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger -

Unless you are making MJ butter, and then making brownies with the MJ butter you are doing it wrong.

MJ Butter Recipe:

3 cups of water.

Grind the weed in a coffee grinder.  (The sticky-stuff left in the coffee grinder is gold.  Do not discard.  Scrape and sprinkle on top of a regular bong-hit, or sprinkle it on a joint.)

Throw all the ingredients into a large pot and get it simmering.  Bubbling, simmering but not quite boiling.

Pour the nasty concoction into the double-upped cheese-cloth which is lining the big-ass strainer.  Be sure to squeeze all the butter and run-off through the cheese-cloth.  You will be able to see the greenish-butter and water dripping into the large metal bowl.  Pour some additional hot-ass tap-water over the cheese-cloth bundle, squeeze some more and make sure it gets to the point where you are seeing almost no butter dripping into the large metal bowl.  You will lose a bit of the butter, but that is why you had two (2) extra table-spoons of butter in the recipe.

You now have about 3-cups of water in your metal bowl, along with two (2) sticks of melted MJ-butter.

Two hours later, you will have two (2) sticks of green butter floating and semi-solid on top of the water.

Gently cut the butter circle in half.  Remove each half.  Drop each seperate half into a plastic zip-lock.  Don't worry if it is all broken up.  No big deal.

Pour the remaining "yuck" left in the bowl (three cups of greenish-brown nastiness) into the toilet and flush it.

You now have two (2) sticks of very potent MJ-butter.  Each single butter-stick contains all the THC contained in a half-ounce of weed.

Make the recipe as directed, but use one of the MJ-butter sticks instead of regular butter.

Makes 30-cookies.

I can only eat 1.5 cookies to start, then one cookie every 3-4 hours.  Yes, 3-4 hours.  Takes about 45-minutes to hit after you ingest the initial cookie(s).

You will  be high like you sat there and constantly ripped bong-hits with hydro all night.  Maybe higher.  And it is a very clean upbeat high.  No lung-char, nothing but a clean-as-fuck THC high.

You still have one (1) stick of butter left over.  Put it in the freezer.  It will last for well over a year.

You can make any dish that requires a stick of butter.  Hell, you could just spread that shit on some toast in the morning if you liked.

That is some potent-as-fuck butter.  However, you can adjust the recipe any way you like.  Make eight (8) sticks all at once for the freezer with  a QP.  Or put in one (1) ounce of weed per butter stick doubling the potency.  Not that you need it any more potent than my recipe above.

Enjoy!

VTFU Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 9:50 AM
Warriormmd
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger -

MJ Butter Recipe:

3 cups of water.

Makes 30-cookies.

Enjoy!

This is exactly how I did it. This man knows Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 10:05 AM
flowwiththego
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" everybody loves pot brownies, but I bring meth muffins to the party one time And whoaaa you'd think I was Hitler" Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 10:08 AM
Bbr

Sub Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 10:14 AM
Passive Jay

ShawnTheBadger - 

MJ Butter Recipe:

3 cups of water.

Makes 30-cookies.

Enjoy!

lol at doing it wrong if you are not using butter. I am pretty sure oil works too. 

7/25/13 10:21 AM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Passive Jay - 
ShawnTheBadger - 

MJ Butter Recipe:

3 cups of water.

Makes 30-cookies.

Enjoy!

lol at doing it wrong if you are not using butter. I am pretty sure oil works too. 

Read the second sentence in my post you jackass.

Instead of nit-picking the wording of my post like an asshole, why don't you actually posts something useful?  Like your oil-recipe?

7/25/13 10:38 AM
mattloveslamp
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for research. Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 10:41 AM
sewich
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one mentioning decarbing = advice fail. Phone Post
7/25/13 10:46 AM
Passive Jay

ShawnTheBadger - 
Passive Jay - 
ShawnTheBadger - 

MJ Butter Recipe:

3 cups of water.

Makes 30-cookies.

Enjoy!

Instead of nit-picking the wording of my post like an asshole, why don't you actually posts something useful?  Like your oil-recipe?

You seem a bit sensitive, would you like a brownie?

And I did post instructions on how to make oil, did you miss that post?

7/25/13 10:47 AM
kickasspoolparty
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck! Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 10:54 AM
buckshot44
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KeezyDoesIt -  There's a guy with 50 boxes of hamburger helper. You two should hang out Phone Post

lol.. this guy gets it.  +1

7/25/13 11:00 AM
ShawnTheBadger

Passive Jay - 
ShawnTheBadger - 
Passive Jay - 
ShawnTheBadger - 

MJ Butter Recipe:

3 cups of water.

Makes 30-cookies.

Enjoy!

You seem a bit sensitive, would you like a brownie?

And I did post instructions on how to make oil, did you miss that post?

Eh.....fair enough.

I'm feeling a bit cantankerous.  Woke up at 6am, in pain from gout.  Seeing the doc at 1pm.  On pain  pills at the moment.

Gout is akin to severe arthritis.  Feels like someone hit my left big-toe with a 3-lb sledge.

Perhaps I over-reacted to what I percieved as a smart-ass comment.

7/25/13 11:03 AM
Term Oil
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whenever we make butter, we usually leave it on the stove for an hour and a half at the lowest setting. We'll buy the small tinfoil bread pans and put it on top of a layer of ice cubes inside a bigger pot, with about 3/4 of an inch of water in the bread pan. When you strain it into the pan, the cold water will help solidify the butter and make it easy to remove from the pan in a large clump without sticking to the bottom of the pan. We usually make 3 lbs of butter at a time and it lasts us a couple months.

Once you get brownies down, I highly recommend investing in a cheap ice cream maker. That's usually all we make. Weed ice cream on top of weed cookies is a perfect combo. Phone Post
7/25/13 11:08 AM
flowwiththego
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quit quoting the long post you fucking dicks Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 11:08 AM
ShawnTheBadger

I'm curious.

For you "oil guys" like Passive Jay, what do you cook with the oil?

Oil and vinegar salad dressing?

I cannot think of things to cook that call for enough oil in the recipe.

I can think of a million things that require butter.

Educate me on MJ-oil.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.