UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva: I lost control

7/25/13 2:34 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Anderson Silva was a perfect 16-0 in the UFC and in that time showed brilliant control, technique, and power in most of fights. However it was a lack of control that Silva blamed for his recent loss to Chris Weidman at UFC 162:

“It [the awkward movement] was a technical error to keep my legs parallel; I should have taken a step back instead,” he said. 

“Several factors led to the knockout. The tension in the air before the fight, you just want to burst ... it was a series of mistakes.” 

Silva revealed another error on his part: Instead of returning to his corner after Round 1 for guidance, he took issue with his team’s suggestions. 

“In my career, I’ve always went back to my corner [for advice],” Silva said. “Against Weidman, I went back to argue, and I should have gone back to my corner and calmed down. I didn't do any of that; I lost control." 

read entire article...

7/25/13 2:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
melendez
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great read, thanks.

Seems like he has been very humbled by this experience. He needed that beatdown.

7/25/13 2:38 PM
Periodik
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Truth. Silva was expecting a left, not an akward right uppercut/jab. His assumption put him in an odd position with his feet right under him unable to dodge the next blow. I have no idea how this next bout will turn out but I'm excited. Phone Post
7/25/13 2:47 PM
Ip Man 81

Pumped for the rematch. Silva WILL wreck Weidman, what he did not finish in the first fight he will surely finish in the second.

This was a great humbling experience for Andy. Hopefully after he decimates Chris in the rematch he will be into a fight with Jon Jones for control over the P4P rankings. Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 3:00 PM
phillymmafan
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope silva can pull it off next fight Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 3:19 PM
eljamaiquino

Both are true obviously. I did notice the arguing in his corner after they told him to stop the antics.... Phone Post
7/25/13 3:25 PM
Nitecrawler
1824 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

When asked what he said to the American, Silva explained he was trying to draw Weidman into a more fan-friendly fight, instead of wrestling and taking matters to the ground.

"I was saying, 'Come on, let's fight standing up, look at the crowd applauding.' Because standing up is much cooler than fighting on the floor," Silva said.

Maybe he had flashbacks to Chael taking him down at will for 4.5 rounds and didn't want to be put in that position again so he decided to talk shit in an attempt to keep it standing?
7/25/13 3:26 PM
RearNakedToke
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson will be back. Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 3:28 PM
CRE

I thought I saw Weidman lose control too when he was dropping fight finishing ground and pound.
7/25/13 3:35 PM
ChaosOverkill
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/25/13 3:35 PM
Nitecrawler - 
When asked what he said to the American, Silva explained he was trying to draw Weidman into a more fan-friendly fight, instead of wrestling and taking matters to the ground.

"I was saying, 'Come on, let's fight standing up, look at the crowd applauding.' Because standing up is much cooler than fighting on the floor," Silva said.

Maybe he had flashbacks to Chael taking him down at will for 4.5 rounds and didn't want to be put in that position again so he decided to talk shit in an attempt to keep it standing?

SIlva has never said a fully constructed Sentence like that in English ever. 

It was probably more like (in the helium voice of AS) "Now fight for punching, no wreslting , people like punchy"

7/25/13 4:35 PM
Jons Forsberg

hindsight is 20/20 and Weidman will finish him again.
7/25/13 4:46 PM
Ip Man 81

Jons Forsberg - hindsight is 20/20 and Weidman will finish him again.
Your like an MMA expert Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 5:16 PM
John M
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am not sure what will happen in this fight. It's one of the few where I just have no clue what will happen.

I can see both sides, and I can't wait to see this fight.
7/25/13 5:21 PM
Malvert the Janitor
782 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
You're.. Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 6:14 PM
Ip Man 81

Malvert the Janitor -
Ip Man 81 -
You're.. Phone Post 3.0
"You're" if you are in school. "Your" if you are on an iPhone and don't want to swap back and forth between pages to please the grammar nazi douche bags like yourself. Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 6:39 PM
goldenboyart

Ip Man 81 - 
Malvert the Janitor -
Ip Man 81 -
You're.. Phone Post 3.0
"You're" if you are in school. "Your" if you are on an iPhone and don't want to swap back and forth between pages to please the grammar nazi douche bags like yourself. Phone Post 3.0

you only make yourself look like an IGNORANT little BITCH calling someone a Douchbag 12-ver.

Grow up.
7/25/13 6:50 PM
8flat
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 - Pumped for the rematch. Silva WILL wreck Weidman, what he did not finish in the first fight he will surely finish in the second.

This was a great humbling experience for Andy. Hopefully after he decimates Chris in the rematch he will be into a fight with Jon Jones for control over the P4P rankings. Phone Post 3.0

I think a friendly 30-day SN bet is in order. You in?
7/25/13 7:06 PM
SQUEEZIE

he lost consciousness too
7/25/13 7:16 PM
Ip Man 81

goldenboyart -
Ip Man 81 - 
Malvert the Janitor -
Ip Man 81 -
You're.. Phone Post 3.0

you only make yourself look like an IGNORANT little BITCH calling someone a Douchbag 12-ver.

Grow up.
12-ver....you really hurt my feelings now "DOUCHE BAG". You must either be a fellow nazi or the 2nd account of the grammar nazi Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 7:21 PM
Malvert the Janitor
782 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
Malvert the Janitor -
Ip Man 81 -
You're.. Phone Post 3.0
Actually if you just type the "e" at the end your phone will autocorrect to you're...

FYI.

Now get out there and keep winning at the Internet! Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 7:23 PM
Jons Forsberg

Ip Man 81 - 

I know.
7/25/13 7:29 PM
Augustus Caesar
915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with his outlook on his performance, I can't wait to see how Anderson comes back from a loss. 

7/25/13 7:30 PM
Ip Man 81

Malvert the Janitor -
Ip Man 81 -
Malvert the Janitor -
Ip Man 81 -
You're.. Phone Post 3.0
Actually if you just type the "e" at the end your phone will autocorrect to you're...

FYI.

Now get out there and keep winning at the Internet! Phone Post 3.0
How could I ever win against a perfect speller like yourself?

And that's a neat little trick. I would vote you up had I not already voted you down. Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 7:33 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
I just hope he's not burned out from being Champ so long. It's a got to be a lot of pressure to deal with. I can't wait for the rematch, good luck to both fighters.
7/25/13 7:38 PM
8flat
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SN bet IP man, or I'll challenge you to a spelling contest....you don't want none of that little man. lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.