UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tate: Kim Winslow is ruining people's lives

7/25/13 2:39 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Refereeing in professional sports is generally a thankless job. Doing your job right usually results in nothing, but screw up and everyone is on your case. It is of coure the job of the referee to competently control the action of the fight and make proper judgement calls on fighter safety, something that Miesha Tate believes Kim Winslow does not do:

"There's no way in hell I'd let Kim Winslow referee another fight of mine. I think she's horrible. I was so pissed when she stopped the fight. The first thing I did was look up at her and say, ‘Why did you stop the fight?' And [Winslow] goes, ‘Because your face is a mess.' I'm like, seriously? That's why you stopped the fight? Your face is a mess and they still let you work. That's what I felt like saying to her. I was like, are you serious right now? Did you not realize that we were coming in here to fight each other? You don't base it off how much someone's bleeding, you base it off whether or not they're cognitive and they're still trying.

She was like a yippy Chihuahua the whole time that I was on the bottom. ‘Miesha, you gotta do something, you gotta move.' I'm like, ‘Why? She's not doing anything to me, she's in my half-guard. Nobody finishes fights in half-guard.' But the referee, I thought she was going to stop it. She was over-coaching, over-refereeing. It's something that is very frustrating when you have other people who have never fought a day in their life, like Kim. She doesn't do anything. I don't think she deserves to be a referee. And if she is, she should go to the amateur levels where it doesn't matter as much, and there's not as much on the line, because she's literally ruining people's lives."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

7/25/13 2:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Juicymma
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She really is terrible, but Tate was done in that fight regardless. Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 2:52 PM
Azn Keyboard Warrior
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

#FuckKimWinslow Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 2:52 PM
liukangstoupee

Agreed with Tate. Winslow and Maz has been involved in some of the most criminal late stoppages in MMA.
7/25/13 2:53 PM
epwar
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Juicymma - She really is terrible, but Tate was done in that fight regardless. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly.  Tate shouldn't have let her defense solely be "I'll take 5 knees to the face" during that end sequence.

7/25/13 2:55 PM
mixedmartialfarts
552 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree with her that Winslow is not a good ref, but that was a good stoppage.

ticker
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

>>And if she is, she should go to the amateur levels where it doesn't matter as much

Really disagree with this. An amateur fight might not be important to Tate, but it sure would be important to the fighters involved.

Also their safety should be just as important.
ausgepicht

I think that could have gone on a bit longer, but was going to be finished anyway. Her critcisms about Zombie Ref are right. They are not there to be coaches and should have a better understanding of grappling than they do.

7/25/13 3:13 PM
Lasko
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/25/13 3:21 PM
mestregruber
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winslow definitely talks too much in there Phone Post
7/25/13 3:25 PM
caseharts
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
That was a decent stoppage. It could have continued abs I wouldn't have contested. But kim is a bad ref. Yes I think I could do a better job and I'd be willing to take the test. Fights line erik perez vs john Albert where albert was in an arm bar but he didn't even remotely tap makes me angry. That cost john money and a fight on his record. Up to that point he was winning too.

I get it people make mistakes. But that's not the only example Phone Post
7/25/13 3:32 PM
subwrassler
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

winslow does kinda suck

meisha is kinda annoying
7/25/13 3:34 PM
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subwrassler - winslow does kinda suck

meisha is kinda annoying

Tate and her boyfriend are annoying, and Tate's "just coast" comment still bothers me. Ronda will take her arm, again.
7/25/13 3:37 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winslow sucks.....but Miesha was done and was just going to get wrecked more if Winslow let it go on....she should be thanking Winslow

7/25/13 3:38 PM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stoppage was okay.

7/25/13 3:39 PM
WhoShotYushinOkami
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let me first say, agreed Winslow isnt very good.

But even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Cat was doing some brutal damage at that point and it was only going to get worse.

7/25/13 6:44 PM
Alpha Chimp

I'm like, ‘Why? She's not doing anything to me, she's in my half-guard. Nobody finishes fights in half-guard.'

Hey Meisha - i bet you could finish me off from half guard...

yeah - someone had to say it.....
7/25/13 6:56 PM
Gilbosh
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a great stoppage, I can't believe she's still whining about that. Is she surrounded by yes men, has no one in her camp been truthful to get about it.

I want to watch the new TUF I really do,
, but I have this feeling that everytime Tate opens her mouth, I'll want to smash the shit out of my TV. Phone Post
7/25/13 10:23 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kim Wislow is likely the worst referee in MMA.

She made many mistakes in Miesha Tate's fight...

BUT that stoppage was perfect. Miesha was done and was totally destroyed there.

Miesha tends to tap too late, way after she's done, a la her fight with Ronda... the referee should have stopped it before Ronda snapped her arm like that.
7/25/13 10:24 PM
CaptChaos
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meisha is extremely tough. I think she has more heart than a lot of male fighters.

She made a very poor comment "your face is a mess and they still let ou work?" That was ignorant and chooses the line.

I like watching Meisha fight but her attitude is not very likable... At all.
7/25/13 10:31 PM
Steven McTowelie
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Meisha, shut up. Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 10:36 PM
lenz0799

Excuses excuses, easy to blame your own failings on others. Especially such an easy target.

Winslow is horrible, no doubt about it, but Tate would have gotten mauled just like that regardless of what ref was in there. Phone Post
7/26/13 12:02 AM
bobby boulders
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't that fight end in the 3rd?

Perhaps Ms. Tate was just coasting? Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 12:27 AM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tate was in Zinganos strawberry patch and wasn't getting out alive. Winslow saved her an agonizing death. She should be thankful.
7/26/13 1:29 AM
GOREILLAMAN
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.