UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lyoto: It's not right for Cormier to cut the line

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/25/13 10:55 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1433 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

During today's UFC 163 media conference call Lyoto Machida expressed himself about Daniel Cormier potentially cutting in line at 205, and getting a title shot, should be get past Roy Nelson on Aug 3.

“I believe that there’s a ranking and it should be followed,” said 'The Dragon'. "There are a lot of guys in line right now in the weight class to fight for a title. I’ve been waiting in line. There’s Glover Teixeira, there’s Phil Davis, so there’s a lot of guys in there in the mix.

“If he’s going to move down to 205, he’s going to need to put a couple of fights in, or at least have a significant win in a big fight. I don’t think it’s right for him to just come in and cut the line.  I think he’s going to have to show that he deserves that title shot."

Machida, currently on a two-fight roll since losing to Jon Jones in late 2011, fights Phil Davis at UFC 163 on Aug. 3. 

What do you think UG? If the undefeated Daniel Cormier beats Roy Nelson at heavyweight, can he cut the line at 205?

7/25/13 11:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bigdoug924
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree, plus Danny boy hasn't beat a top 5 guy yet. Mir and Barnett are/ weren't top 5 Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 11:07 PM
The Brool Story Company

Machida should drop to 185 and cut the line himself.

7/25/13 11:07 PM
JoeHurley
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ "fair". Phone Post
7/25/13 11:10 PM
melendez
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Bones summed it up best when he said something like DC needs to quit talking about dropping down to 205 and just do it already. Not a Bones fan, but he is right on point with this one. DC sounds like my fat uncle that always talks about losing weight.

7/25/13 11:11 PM
AwHood
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lyoto should have taken the second title shot when he was offered it. Foh with the complaining now. Phone Post
7/25/13 11:12 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

The Brool Story Company -

He wont fight Anderson... Phone Post
7/25/13 11:12 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

RockMeAmadeus - 
Bigdoug924 - I agree, plus Danny boy hasn't beat a top 5 guy yet. Mir and Barnett are/ weren't top 5 Phone Post 3.0

What were Mir and Barnett ranked in HW at the time they fought? What about bigface?

I don't know what their rankings where at the time they fought, but I know Mir,Barnett and as you put it Bigface are all tough fighters.
7/25/13 11:13 PM
The Brool Story Company

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman - 
The Brool Story Company -

He wont fight Anderson... Phone Post

he can cut the line if Anderson loses the rematch

7/25/13 11:26 PM
buckanater

bonerfart - Its not right for a fan to pay $60 to watch Lyoto fight...for anything, much less the belt.

Lmao.

Lyoto should think long and hard about Chuck Liddell's recent statement.

If it was up to me to arrange the card, he fights his way off the pre-lim cards and then has 1-2 dominating fights on a main card, maybe he should fight for a belt.

Point fighting is fucking stupid.

He isn't and doesn't deserve to be the #1 contender. Phone Post
He has some of the most impressive victories in the UFC's history. Rashad, thiago, bader, sokoudjou and couture all got destroyed by the dragon!!! Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 11:33 PM
I GOT WEE'D ON BY WEIDMAN
458 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida got dropped like a sack of taters and folded up like a lawnchair when Bones left him unconcious in the cage. 

We need fresh blood not the same guys in there.

7/25/13 11:40 PM
Bigdoug924

RockMeAmadeus -
Bigdoug924 - I agree, plus Danny boy hasn't beat a top 5 guy yet. Mir and Barnett are/ weren't top 5 Phone Post 3.0

What were Mir and Barnett ranked in HW at the time they fought? What about bigface?
JDS, Overeem, Cain, Werdum maybe (retired)Carwin. Idk just thinking off the top of my head. The heavyweight division is alot different then light heavy as far title challengers and tuff fights. Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 11:40 PM
ChaosOverkill
863 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Fuck you piss goof"

-Dfw jr.

7/25/13 11:45 PM
Bigdoug924

bonerfart - Its not right for a fan to pay $60 to watch Lyoto fight...for anything, much less the belt.

Lmao.

If it was up to me to arrange the card, he fights his way off the pre-lim cards and then has 1-2 dominating fights on a main card, maybe he should fight for a belt.

I agree he needs to push the pace a little bit sometimes. The Hendo fight was painful Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 11:46 PM
bizsirker

Cormier is getting up there in age, a Olympian and undefeated. I'd be OK with him jumping the line.......,,,unless glover destroys bader and makes him look like a amateur. Phone Post 3.0
7/25/13 11:57 PM
buckanater

bonerfart -
buckanater -

Lmao.

He has some of the most impressive victories in the UFC's history. Rashad, thiago, bader, sokoudjou and couture all got destroyed by the dragon!!! Phone Post 3.0
Lol...whatever man.

Here's a tip.

Order UFC select and watch every event from the beginning until 162 and then come back and argue your point. Phone Post
What does that even mean??? He destroyed rich Franklin and Stephan Bonnar too. Are you bitching because he doesn't finish every single fight? he finishes more than GSP or Edgar! Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 12:19 AM
Chris67

bonerfart -
buckanater -

Lmao.

Lol...whatever man.

Here's a tip.

Order UFC select and watch every event from the beginning until 162 and then come back and argue your point. Phone Post
Who has Cormier finished? Bigfoot... Id spend my money on a Machida fight over a Cormier wrestling match anyday. Phone Post
7/26/13 12:39 AM
BshMstr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't recall hearing Machida complain when Sonnen jumped up to LHW for the title...

oh, that's right-he doesn't really care, unless it affects him.

anyway, i'd rather watch Cormier than Machida......
7/26/13 12:40 AM
Thacommish
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Since Lyoto was choked the hell out and dropped by Bones, he has fought as conservative as the pope. That's undeniable."

Have you ever watched lyoto fight before?
7/26/13 12:43 AM
Stan Dan Wang

Lyoto has essentially lost 3 title fights in a row. he is behind Cormier in line.
7/26/13 12:50 AM
91W209
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather see Cormier get the shot. Not a big fan of machidas style. It definitely works for him though. Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 12:50 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Machida but I disagree with him here. I don't feel like he's cutting line when the people he'd be cutting already got beat by Jones and are being pushed back in large part because they don't have anyone else that's established to put in there with Jones.

The only thing that's stupid is Dana promising him and whoever else a title shot and it not happening. But that's just kind of business as usual hype the fight stuff now though. Phone Post
7/26/13 12:51 AM
TuLegit

Vitor, rashad, Lyoto or shogun aren't getting a rematch anytime soon so Cormier should get his chance. Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 12:55 AM
DatSpider
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bonerfart -  Its not right for a fan to pay $60 to watch Lyoto fight...for anything, much less the belt.

Lmao.

7/26/13 12:58 AM
DatSpider
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/26/13 12:59 AM

↑ Bonerfart, Jake Shields and Clay Guida are probably more your cup of tea, right?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.