ajl416az
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/26/13 3:54 PM
Sam is definitely not that guy in the second picture

confusion in how Jamie worded the second instagram or whatever
7/26/13 4:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Foos
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's awful :(

RIP
7/26/13 4:22 PM
cmcgraw
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't mind if the first pic stays up w all of us. But Sam is NOT the guy in the second pic w just Jamie. Please take down
7/26/13 5:02 PM
Kenso
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP
7/26/13 5:15 PM
SC MMA MD
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gomrad -
Chris Leben is a Zombie - I have MVP (Mitral Valve Prolapse) and these stories ALWAYS freak me out Phone Post 3.0
Is that like a heart murmur?? Phone Post 3.0
A heart murmur simply means that you can hear the sound of blood flowing in the heart. Some murmurs are innocent and occur in people with perfectly normal hearts; others are pathological and occur secondary to an abnormal flow from a hole, or dysfunctional valve. Patients with mitral valve prolapse (MVP) may (but will not necessarily) have a murmur. If patients with MVP have a murmur, it is from blood leaking backwards through the mitral valve as the bottom chambers squeeze. Patients with MVP also sometimes have an extra sound called a click Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 5:16 PM
SC MMA MD
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cmcgraw - I actually would prefer that second pic gets removed if you could op. Sam is in the first picture but out of privacy and respect I will not say whom. Its Very hard to look at that first picture. It was taken literally two minutes before this happened and is just too surreal. Thank you everybody for your kind words. I ask personally you sit back and cherish what really matters most in this life.
You can message Jason or Kirik and I am sure they will take the picture down for you. I can't message them from the app or I would have for you Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 5:34 PM
cmcgraw
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SC MMA MD - 
cmcgraw - I actually would prefer that second pic gets removed if you could op. Sam is in the first picture but out of privacy and respect I will not say whom. Its Very hard to look at that first picture. It was taken literally two minutes before this happened and is just too surreal. Thank you everybody for your kind words. I ask personally you sit back and cherish what really matters most in this life.
You can message Jason or Kirik and I am sure they will take the picture down for you. I can't message them from the app or I would have for you Phone Post 3.0

Thank You, It is kirik@mixedmartialarts.com? I just now got to a computer myself.
7/26/13 5:40 PM
SC MMA MD

Just log into the full Underground forum website, go to your account/inbox/create message and use Kirik or Jason as the to: screenname Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 5:51 PM
cmcgraw

only accepts messages from pro's or friends. If another blue could be so kind it is very much appreciated
7/26/13 6:08 PM
steveAKAslick
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cmcgraw - Hey everybody, we haven't got the donation set up yet but are actively working on it. I think for the most part we're all still in shock of what happened in front of our eyes (I'm the guy w purple hand wrap). Our gym is closed today as a moment of silence for Sam and his family. We still don't know yet if there was a heart condition. Out of respect to Sam and his family I ask no one pries until we know. If any of you can help when we get the donation up, it is greatly appreciated. Rip to a fallen family member and warrior in and out of the gym.
Sorry for your loss bro.... Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 6:12 PM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Phone Post
7/26/13 6:16 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very sorry to hear this. RIP Sam, and condolences to his family and friends.

7/26/13 6:24 PM
spartancs
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diesel67 - 

Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.  Congenital and can't be picked up in a routine physical or EKG.  I lost a 17-yr-old student and captain of his high school track team that way.

RIP

I think your statement is correct but it gives people the wrong impression.  

I had a concern about HCM because my teenage kids do very intense workouts daily.  You hear tragic stories like this and it freaks you out.  Our doc advised that an ECG was very effective in highlighting abnormalities which could be HCM.  I believe the ECG is about 70% effective for screening HCM, but does not pinpoint it.  If you get an abnormal ECG then an Echocardiogram can be done which is very effective at pinpointing the issue.  Fortunately my kids had perfect ECG's indicating extremely low risk of an HCM issue.

Athletes who exercise intensely can get an ECG to better understand their risk of HCM and perhaps gain some peace of mind.

7/26/13 6:35 PM
GriffinQ
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Super classy tweet on the part of Tibau

“@TibauATT: God comfort Sam's family, and @jamievarner for the loss of his friend. We will do a great fight to honor him in @ufc. @ufc_brasil” Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 7:45 PM
The Wizzle
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP warrior
7/26/13 7:46 PM
SC MMA MD

I was just able to finally log in from my phone, and I sent a PM to Kirik about the picture Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 8:00 PM
#justice4babyTRAYtray
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gomrad -
Chris Leben is a Zombie - I have MVP (Mitral Valve Prolapse) and these stories ALWAYS freak me out Phone Post 3.0
It means the mitral valve on the heart slips a little when opening or closing so the heart has to have a harder than normal beat after it happens to get all of the blood out. Feels like your heart skips a beat. They call it premature ventricular contractions (PVC). On a bad day it's freaky as hell. Most people have occasional PVCs. It is unusual to feel them. I am one of the lucky few. It sucks, but won't kill you except in severe cases then the valve has to be replaced surgically

RIP Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 8:06 PM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Sam Young Phone Post
7/26/13 8:26 PM
OLDSKOOL2010
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Possible atrial septal defect where there is a birth defect that a person has a small hole between the ventricles. It usually heals at birth but many times goes unchecked. Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 8:49 PM
pattitude
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't imagine what his family must be going through.

ttt for the donation link
7/26/13 8:51 PM
SC MMA MD

^ an atrial septal defect (ASD) is a hole between the atria (the upper two chambers of the heart) and is almost never associated with a sudden cardiac death in an asymptomatic person. There is an association between atrial septal communications (ASDs and PFOs) and cryptogenic strokes, but they are not typically fatal. A hole between the bottom two chambers is a ventricular septal defect (VSD) and they are almost always identified early as they typically produce loud murmurs. VSD's are also a highly unusual cause of sudden cardiac death. Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 10:20 PM
Gomrad
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

#justice4babyTRAYtray -
Gomrad -
It means the mitral valve on the heart slips a little when opening or closing so the heart has to have a harder than normal beat after it happens to get all of the blood out. Feels like your heart skips a beat. They call it premature ventricular contractions (PVC). On a bad day it's freaky as hell. Most people have occasional PVCs. It is unusual to feel them. I am one of the lucky few. It sucks, but won't kill you except in severe cases then the valve has to be replaced surgically

RIP Phone Post 3.0
Can heart murmurs hinder you from Traneing UFC? Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 10:21 PM
Gomrad
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just found out I have three Phone Post 3.0
7/26/13 10:27 PM
SMACDADDY
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad news Phone Post
7/27/13 2:12 AM
Onnie804yamsaki
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP young warrior

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.