UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> OG time to vote: Ellenberger or Rory?

7/27/13 4:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma interpreter -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Berger, assuming the aggressive one shows up. If the cautious point fighting one that fought Rocha and Heiron shows up Rory beats him Phone Post
Commit or don't commit, stop trying to make excuses for why Jake is going to lose. Phone Post
Lol at excuse. I'm giving my opinion of the fight and I don't think Ellenberger is terribly consistent. I said the same thing when he fought Marquardt. I think he will be aggressive and win, but I can see how I'd be wrong.

MMA fans and their obsession with excuses lol. Phone Post
7/27/13 4:19 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory's getting wrecked

7/27/13 4:25 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma interpreter -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
mma interpreter -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Berger, assuming the aggressive one shows up. If the cautious point fighting one that fought Rocha and Heiron shows up Rory beats him Phone Post
Commit or don't commit, stop trying to make excuses for why Jake is going to lose. Phone Post
Lol at excuse. I'm giving my opinion of the fight and I don't think Ellenberger is terribly consistent. I said the same thing when he fought Marquardt. I think he will be aggressive and win, but I can see how I'd be wrong.

MMA fans and their obsession with excuses lol. Phone Post
You're finding a way not to be wrong after the fight. The only way you're wrong now is if Jake goes balls to the wall and loses a slugfest to Rory, and everyone knows that's not going to happen.

Man up and make more of a commitment to who you think is going to win or say nothing, because it's basically what you're doing now anyway with your if/then statements. Phone Post
Or Ellenberger could be aggressive and still lose like he did to Condit and Kampmann and I would be wrong. This isn't some type of contest or test of manhood (good grief), I'm just giving my opinion on how it will go. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong. Phone Post
7/27/13 5:04 AM
The Pendulum
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma interpreter -
JSF1984 -
mma interpreter -
JSF1984 -
mma interpreter - Rory is better than Jake in every single area of MMA. This will be a one-sided destruction Phone Post
So Rory has more power and is a better wrestler? Phone Post 3.0
Rory is bigger and stronger, and if the fight goes to the ground, he will have the edge. Phone Post
You're dumb dude just dumb Phone Post 3.0
Wow, solid argument.

Jakey is gonna get fucking schooled tomorrow. I'll come back to this thread to remind you who the dumb one is.

I would say pray for a miracle punch from Jake, but he honestly has no prayer. Rpry winning is the safest bet anyone can make right now Phone Post
So, you're telling us; the no.3 ranked welterweight (in the UFC), who is ranked no.3 by potential, not results, is going to win tomorrow?

Can you see how absurd that sounds? The guy who hasn't beaten any guy in the top ten is ranked 3rd. I had this same problem with Roy Nelson. He managed to get to 6 by popularity, and favourable match-ups. Rory has somehow done the same thing. With a serial killer persona of all things.

Sure Rory may be 'the future,' but the future isn't now, it's down the line. I have no doubt Rory will be champion in the future (if not in the UFC then as a fashion model for Hugo Boss, with his greasy hair and hipster glasses), but as of right now I think he's overrated. Phone Post
7/27/13 8:27 AM
Jack Skellington
729 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup Ali - 

Rory's getting wrecked

You cant be serious
7/27/13 1:18 PM
Foos
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory wins by 3rd round TKO
7/27/13 2:00 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma interpreter -  Wrong about what? You've basically got all your bases covered. No one has to he sure about anything, I'm just saying that if you're going to make a "prediction" like you did, try to sound a little more certain and less flaky about shit, or just don't mention it.

For example, my "prediction" for Johnson-Moraga is boring so I'm not mentioning it. Maybe you should consider doing the same for Rory-Jake. Phone Post

Who are you to tell someone not to state their opinion? Your argument makes no sense at all, not everyone needs to have a pissing contest. Some people think Rory will win, some people think Jake will win, some people see it playing out as a closely contested matchup that is too difficult to call. Go find forums dedicated to Rory if you can't handle other opinions.
7/27/13 2:05 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake.  (and he deserves a title shot thereafter).

7/27/13 2:08 PM
Errk
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hoping that Ellenberger knocks MacDonald out so bad that Hugo Boss gets a headache.
7/27/13 2:40 PM
Norrin Radd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 3:12 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Errk - Hoping that Ellenberger knocks MacDonald out so bad that Hugo Boss gets a headache.

VTFU

Good first post.

7/27/13 3:38 PM
D241

I have Ellenburger will press forward early on, but will get picked apart and slow drastically in the 3rd if he's not finished by then.

Would prefer a finish for either fighter over a decision win.

7/27/13 4:22 PM
TuLegit

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Jake via destruction Phone Post 3.0
I want to believe... Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 9:58 PM
SilvaWho?OnlyBoTrulyKnows
606 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Jake via destruction Phone Post 3.0

Nope, turned out to be a boring fight. Not at all what I expected.
7/27/13 11:50 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

mma interpreter -
RileyPust -
mma interpreter -  Wrong about what? You've basically got all your bases covered. No one has to he sure about anything, I'm just saying that if you're going to make a "prediction" like you did, try to sound a little more certain and less flaky about shit, or just don't mention it.

For example, my "prediction" for Johnson-Moraga is boring so I'm not mentioning it. Maybe you should consider doing the same for Rory-Jake. Phone Post

Who are you to tell someone not to state their opinion? Your argument makes no sense at all, not everyone needs to have a pissing contest. Some people think Rory will win, some people think Jake will win, some people see it playing out as a closely contested matchup that is too difficult to call. Go find forums dedicated to Rory if you can't handle other opinions.
I'm fine with people stating their opinions as long as they have one. He clearly doesn't. Phone Post
Turns out the fight went exactly in one of the two ways I said I thought it could. Phone Post
7/28/13 8:15 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

mma interpreter -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
mma interpreter -
RileyPust -

I'm fine with people stating their opinions as long as they have one. He clearly doesn't. Phone Post
Turns out the fight went exactly in one of the two ways I said I thought it could. Phone Post
Yeah, that's what's great about not having a real opinion. You're never wrong. Phone Post
I gave two very specific scenarios for how I thought it could took place. Far from covering every possible scenario on ways a fight could go. And I was right 100% on the second possibility I gave. If you're too arrogant to accept it at this point that's on you my friend. Peace. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.