UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Daley wants back in the UFC

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/27/13 10:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pancake Syrup Ali
552 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

malryan - He's has issues making weight and he sucker punched Koscheck after their fight. He's not a professional and I would think that's why he wouldn't be wanted back in the UFC.

He should try going through WSOF, make weight a few times and beat some decent opponents and then I think he would have more of a chance. Phone Post 3.0

Daley has made weight for 6 straight fights so it's not like he is still struggling to make 170

7/27/13 10:31 AM
Fenix
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daley may be an exciting fighter to watch, but I don't think any promotion would want to put up with all the behavioral and legal issues that follow him. I don't think he can even get a visa to visit the US.
7/27/13 10:38 AM
Steve4192
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi - 
Steve4192 -
Geoffy - Maybe he should show some remorse publicly before Dana gives him a shot again

He did. He issued a public apology after the Koscheck fight.
In his bellator promo he said he didnt regret it and koshchek deserved it. Phone Post

Dana understands the difference between cutting a promo and real life. Daley has made it pretty clear he wants back in.
7/27/13 10:38 AM
LILBROCK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator cut him because he can't get a visa due to legal problems. Why would the UFC sign him now? He was basically released for losing his temper (punching Kos after bell) and is now in a legal battle for losing him temper (bar fight). No way they will sign him now.

That said, he's always exciting and I'd love to see him back. Hopefully he can get his legal issues taken care of and re-sign.
7/27/13 11:04 AM
Tilla

Daley vs Lawler (Robbie)

Daley vs Rory

Daley vs Diaz II

Could be some KILLER fights for him back in the UFC.
7/27/13 11:05 AM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LILBROCK - Bellator cut him because he can't get a visa due to legal problems. Why would the UFC sign him now? He was basically released for losing his temper (punching Kos after bell) and is now in a legal battle for losing him temper (bar fight). No way they will sign him now.

That said, he's always exciting and I'd love to see him back. Hopefully he can get his legal issues taken care of and re-sign.

His VISA to the U.S wasn't denied and I believe charges were actually dropped.

He actually seems like a really nice guy with his fans and quite mellow in media obligations, he just had one moment where he lost it.
7/27/13 11:28 AM
GroundStPound

3rdLion -
LILBROCK - Bellator cut him because he can't get a visa due to legal problems. Why would the UFC sign him now? He was basically released for losing his temper (punching Kos after bell) and is now in a legal battle for losing him temper (bar fight). No way they will sign him now.

He actually seems like a really nice guy with his fans and quite mellow in media obligations, he just had one moment where he lost it.
Met Paul and Melvin M at the Nottingham card last year, cool guy, hands like spades. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 11:48 AM
kburn
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion - 

from the article on mmafighting.com about his release from Bellator:

"We recently received and reviewed the real documents in Daley's situation, which made clear that he was not in fact cleared, but was actually convicted of both assault by beating and obstructing an officer."
7/27/13 11:49 AM
BigTedBear
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana didn't seem that keen on him in that interview but if he took Tito back who knows but I guess Tito was bigger name. Phone Post
7/27/13 11:49 AM
RicGillespie

OneSidedWar -  I dont care to see Daley in the UFC. Lost to Kos & Diaz....both lost to GSP. Gate keeper.....maybe..? Phone Post

Not every fighter is going to be a title contender. Nothing wrong with paying people who just put on exciting fights solely for the entertainment value. It is an entertainment business after all. Would you say the same thing about Lytle if he wanted to fight again? Keep him out of the UFC because of his losses and would only be a gate keeper at best?
7/27/13 11:52 AM
BKViper
585 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No thanks. Loose cannon Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 11:58 AM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kburn - 
3rdLion - 

"We recently received and reviewed the real documents in Daley's situation, which made clear that he was not in fact cleared, but was actually convicted of both assault by beating and obstructing an officer."

Paul posted on the UG yesterday:

And the charges were dropped, he wouldn't have been able to get a VISA otherwise.

He spoke to Blacher report a couple of months ago:

"The case was thrown out, lack of evidence and contradicting witness accounts. I’m extremely happy.  Applying for my P-1 visa as we speak and hope to return to the USA and Bellator later this year.”

The visa, as mentioned, was granted.

7/27/13 12:01 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

The UFC could with some Semtex!!

C'mon Dana, at least talk with Paul, nothing to lose. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 12:07 PM
kburn

3rdLion - 
kburn - 
3rdLion - 

And the charges were dropped, he wouldn't have been able to get a VISA otherwise.

"The case was thrown out, lack of evidence and contradicting witness accounts. I’m extremely happy.  Applying for my P-1 visa as we speak and hope to return to the USA and Bellator later this year.”

the charges were NOT dropped according to Paul's manager, Wad Alameddine.

from mmajunkie.com:

"In June, Daley told Bleacher Report that the case had been thrown out for "lack of evidence and contradicting witness accounts."

Alameddine, however, confirmed that the welterweight had, in fact, been convicted of assault and fined for the charge. He said the conviction was noted on a police certificate that recently was forwarded to Bellator, after which communication dropped off."
7/27/13 12:13 PM
3rdLion

Paul said his visa wasn't denied on the UG yesterday, I'm pretty sure that's a more reliable source than Bleacher Report. He would struggle to get a VISA with a criminal record.
7/27/13 12:26 PM
LILBROCK

3rdLion - 
kburn - 
3rdLion - 

Maybe I'm missing something, but where does it say his visa was granted? I see he said he's in the process of applying for it and it wasn't denied, but there is a difference between not being denied and actually being granted one.
7/27/13 12:27 PM
3rdLion

The post from Paul on the UG yesterday saying that it wasn't denied.
7/27/13 12:30 PM
kburn

3rdLion - Paul said his visa wasn't denied on the UG yesterday, I'm pretty sure that's a more reliable source than Bleacher Report. He would struggle to get a VISA with a criminal record.

i wasn't talking about his visa, just his assault charges.

the info i quoted wasn't from Bleacher Report. it was from an interview with Paul Daley's manager on MMAJunkie.
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/07/paul-daley-maiquel-falcao-released-by-bellator-mma

maybe he applied for the visa before his recent conviction.
7/27/13 12:34 PM
McCorkledbyMartialArtsMixed
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So who is telling lies about the case, the media or Paul Daley? Lol if the guy you've been defending has been deceiving y'all too. That would be ironic. But I did hear the words bleacher report however so who knows.

Is there a UK equivalent to case resolution paperwork the public can request?
7/27/13 12:39 PM
Korpiklaani

would love to see him in the ufc, its guys like him that wake us up during a boring event
7/27/13 12:41 PM
LILBROCK

3rdLion - The post from Paul on the UG yesterday saying that it wasn't denied.

OK so not granted. Huge difference between granted and not denied.

Again, hopefully he's approved however I think there's more to the story than you're talking about. If he were indeed released of all charges and a visa is no longer an issue, why would Bellator drop him? They've stood by him for the past 6+ months and allowed him to fight in other organizations. Now that all his problems are over (according to you), they drop him? Something about that doesn't seem right.
7/27/13 12:48 PM
Williambonney

I think what Dana meant (just my opinion) when he said paul doesn't want to be in the UFC is that he has shown no remorse or given any apologies for the screw ups he made. I agree with Dana on this daley is a overrated cheap-shot artist that consistently misses weight and acts unprofessional and he has no business anywhere near the UFC. In the last 3 years or so the guy has beat who Scott Smith and lost to Kos,Dias,Woodly (sure decent fighters but not top 5 guys) AND Misaki how the F would that get anyone into the UFC let alone a pain in the @$$ cheater and overhyped gatekeeper like paul
7/27/13 12:51 PM
kyle223
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give him another shot Dana!
7/27/13 12:54 PM
UGCTT_MdotBRICKS

Please Dana! Semtex to the UFC Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 12:57 PM
goocher
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could care less about seeing Daley back in the ufc. Guy is a disrespectful punk

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.