UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Robbie is a Skilled, Diverse Striker

7/27/13 7:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Smith1234
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People always point to his huge power. But when he is on he has good standing defense, great chin, creative knees and kicks, good footwork.

He Has multiple flying knee KOs including the awesome Villasenor one hitter quitter.

He methodically broke down Ninja and was very technical in that fight.

He loses some standup fights when he just isn't active enough. Sometimes he plays defense, and looks like he is fighting a five rounder when it's three and goes out without doing much. (Putting aside the Jacare type loss of a quick sub)

I hope he fights to his full potential tonight. If he does we will see a spectacular finish.

Robbie has a lot more than power. He can wrestle and his standup is actually awesome when he is on. He looked like he was going to be a force when fighting in Hawaii, then something went off the tracks. Lets hope he's back on. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 8:01 PM
Eyelasher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No disrespect to you, your thread, or Lawler, but the Villasenor fight was stopped early...
7/27/13 8:25 PM
Smith1234
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight is on YouTube. Just watched again. Villasenior did not look with it when he got up. He was done. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 8:34 PM
ontilt
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll never forget the amazing Manhoef comeback, that shit was insane.
7/27/13 8:36 PM
Eyelasher

I did not see the shin to the head before the knee...
But I do think Villasenor was conscious of the punches on the ground, and he was them...then he got up immediately afterwards the stoppage...
7/27/13 8:42 PM
Smith1234

Got up immediately? He wasn't popping up complaining. He got up and looked done.

Koscheck showed way more life after that stoppage (which was a good stoppage too).

It's on YouTube and takes about a minute to watch that destruction... Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 8:45 PM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good call OP. looks like he is bringing everything out tonight too. kicks, knees, elbows...

tells me he is motivated and in shape. he looks like a threat to many other WW's. just shows how deep the weight class is
7/27/13 8:49 PM
smth416
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's so dangerous but his ground game isn't good enough to break him into the top of that division imo. Phone Post
7/27/13 8:50 PM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smth416 -  He's so dangerous but his ground game isn't good enough to break him into the top of that division imo. Phone Post

to be fair, he got by Kos. but against Maia and GSP... yea, he's efffed
7/27/13 8:53 PM
Smith1234

Vintage Robbie. Off the hook creativity, power, technique, movement, timing, kicks elbows, dirty boxing.

That high kick walk off KO was great. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 8:55 PM
Smith1234

That was an awesome, high level destruction. Lawler can fight on the feet with anyone in MMA at WW.

Maia will get beaten down horribly by Robbie. He won't get Robby down and will last two minutes on the feet. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 8:56 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

One of my favorite fighters to watch. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 8:56 PM
Smith1234

Lawler is strong as hell as WW. Maia can't physically hang with him. If Robby is preparing like he did tonight he will demolish Maia.

GSP is another story. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 9:01 PM
Cementhead
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is defiantly a threat to anyone with that kind of power and experience. good post op
7/27/13 9:08 PM
MasterofMartialArts
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smith1234 - That was an awesome, high level destruction. Lawler can fight on the feet with anyone in MMA at WW.

Maia will get beaten down horribly by Robbie. He won't get Robby down and will last two minutes on the feet. Phone Post 3.0
I actually think you might be right, and would love to see it. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 9:43 PM
MattBFD
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ww Aldo. Very impressive. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 10:03 PM
Smith1234

Joe said Robbie is always aggressive. Not true he has several recent decision losses where he was not doing much.

But when he fights like this he is really a pleasure to watch. Robbie deserves props.

So many good matchups for him to entertain us. Nick is one of them. That would be pure fireworks and I don't know who wins it.

I'd rather see Robby get other fights before that one. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 10:19 PM
The_Spider
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The WW Vitor IMO, but I think he gets by Maia.
7/27/13 10:42 PM
Naderhood
889 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in_different -
smth416 -  He's so dangerous but his ground game isn't good enough to break him into the top of that division imo. Phone Post

Eh? Robbie has better striking than Marquardt and Marquardt KO'd the shit outta Maia. Robbie can easily do the same. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 10:51 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always been a Ruthless fan.

ATT has been very good for him.

7/27/13 11:22 PM
OmgItsTheWams
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smith1234 - Joe said Robbie is always aggressive. Not true he has several recent decision losses where he was not doing much.

But when he fights like this he is really a pleasure to watch. Robbie deserves props.

So many good matchups for him to entertain us. Nick is one of them. That would be pure fireworks and I don't know who wins it.

I'd rather see Robby get other fights before that one. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah man lawler is my favorite fighter but man some fights are so frustrating to watch he is like a zombie sometimes I think the cut to 170 brought the fire back Phone Post
7/27/13 11:25 PM
Poptarts

His flying knee KO over Amagov who is a very fast, diverse striker himself was very impressive. Following that up with his KO over KOS, this headkick and the amazing KO's over Linlad and Hoef...I want to see how far Lawler can go baby.
7/27/13 11:43 PM
bobby boulders
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Naderhood -
in_different -

Eh? Robbie has better striking than Marquardt and Marquardt KO'd the shit outta Maia. Robbie can easily do the same. Phone Post 3.0
To be fair, while, obviously, Robbie has better striking than Nate, Maia is a much better and more well rounded fighter than when Nate knocked him the fuck out. Lawler/Maia is a fight I'd be very interested in seeing. Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 8:00 PM
Smith1234

Robbie is dynamic. Can't wait to see him fight again. Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 9:51 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is great to watch, always has been.

Nick Diaz and Pete Spratt both bitched him on the feet...but that was awhile ago.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.