UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Did we just witness how GSP vs Hendricks goes down

7/27/13 10:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Paradiso
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was Rory vs Jake the blueprint for GSP vs Hendricks? Will GSP out-jab Hendricks?
7/27/13 10:38 PM
OuTkAsTTTTT69
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes..yes we did Phone Post
7/27/13 10:40 PM
BobbyDigital420
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Me thinks possibly Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 10:42 PM
Nexuscrawlers
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Hendricks and GSP are as evenly matched. Phone Post
7/27/13 10:43 PM
B_Goetz

The technical mismatch will be even bigger. Hendricks is very sloppy. For all the crap GSP gets, he did break Koscheck's eye socket with his jabs. He will probably throw the cross sometimes, and some kicks as well, but it will be the same in the sense that it will be a technician picking apart a helpless brawler.
7/27/13 10:45 PM
Loxly
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't think the crowd would boo GSP doing that

7/27/13 10:45 PM
SHOGUN250
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do think we'll see a lot more aggression from Hendricks though.
7/27/13 10:46 PM
guardbr8kr

I think it's pretty fair to say now that Canadian's are dominating the WW scene.
7/27/13 10:51 PM
Jody

SHOGUN250 - I do think we'll see a lot more aggression from Hendricks though.

I agree.

Hendricks is made of sterner stuff. He'll definitely be more aggressive and is a lot hungrier. GSP will be the favorite, but I think that he still needs to watch out. Just one straight left is all that it will take.
7/27/13 10:51 PM
MasterofMartialArts
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No because Hendricks won't stay tentative like Jake did. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 10:53 PM
Kick Boxe
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks will go all out bell to bell, completely different

Rob San Soo

Damn it , I think so huuuh Phone Post 3.0
Jody

Rory was too passive just jabbing all night long, but Ellenberger fought scared, period.

He looked like he was just there to collect a paycheck. Hopefully, it will be a while before we from him again, as far as championship talks.

Rory didn't exactly look good in his GSP dress-rehersal, either. Hiding behind the jab is fine, but sooner or later, let a straight right fly, please.
7/27/13 10:55 PM
I LOVE GSP

yes
7/27/13 10:56 PM
bispingpokedmybrowneye
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont see Jhonny just sitting outside of his own range all night. He has a bit of a berserker in him. Phone Post
7/27/13 11:02 PM
Pessimist_Pete

No. Hendricks can't fight defensively. He literally moves straight backwards and keeps his chin up when moving backwards. You may actually see GSP press the action. Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 11:03 PM
CaliKush
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Prob Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 11:03 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks won't just sit back and get jabbed. If he doesn;t like the way the fight oges he will either swing for the KO and GSP will try to take him down or he will go for the takedown himself. Jake looked nervous to do anything tonight, Hendricks won't be that way

7/27/13 11:05 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pessimist_Pete - No. Hendricks can't fight defensively. He literally moves straight backwards and keeps his chin up when moving backwards. You may actually see GSP press the action. Phone Post 3.0

If GSP is the the one being more aggresive he's getting KTFO

7/27/13 11:05 PM
Mr Sizzzz
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't Hendricks start gassing against Condit? He's not going all out for 5 rounds. Think it'll be similar to tonight but rooting fir Hendricks Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 11:06 PM
Pessimist_Pete

Pancake Syrup Ali -
Pessimist_Pete - No. Hendricks can't fight defensively. He literally moves straight backwards and keeps his chin up when moving backwards. You may actually see GSP press the action. Phone Post 3.0

Interesting because his best chance to win is to press the action and smother him Phone Post 3.0
7/27/13 11:07 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali

Pessimist_Pete - 
Pancake Syrup Ali -

Interesting because his best chance to win is to press the action and smother him Phone Post 3.0

I thought you meant he was going to be standing up with him when you said that lol my bad

7/28/13 11:27 PM
Pessimist_Pete

Pancake Syrup Ali -
Pessimist_Pete - 
Pancake Syrup Ali -

I thought you meant he was going to be standing up with him when you said that lol my bad

What I'm saying is GSP's best chance to win is to move forward Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 11:46 PM
ThunderDove

I never thought of this! Excellent point! I could easily see Hendricks trying to plod after GSP, while trying to load up on his left hand.

I could even see Hendricks appearing like Dan Henderson did against Lyoto Machida. Unable to catch up, and always looking to land that bomb.
7/29/13 1:47 AM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After Anderson losing this year do you really think The UFC lets cash cow GSP lose the same year. Get real follow the money Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.