UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Michael Chiesa disrespectful to Masvidal???

7/28/13 12:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Periodik
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know why it annoyed me so much but Michael Chiesa walking out of the cage and to the locker room right after tapping to Jorge just seemed like a slap in the face.

I understand you just lost in your home state but man, you just went toe to toe with an almost 10 year veteran who has fought a who's who of fighters.

At least shake the guys hand and let your fans know that you'll be back stronger next time. People didn't drive out there to see you lose but at least acknowledge the crowd after the fight and let them know you appreciate their support win/lose/draw.

Maybe I'm alone in thinking that but it felt a bit classless to me.
7/28/13 12:54 PM
JoeMimic
506 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Periodik - I don't know why it annoyed me so much but Michael Chiesa walking out of the cage and to the locker room right after tapping to Jorge just seemed like a slap in the face.

I understand you just lost in your home state but man, you just went toe to toe with an almost 10 year veteran who has fought a who's who of fighters.

At least shake the guys hand and let your fans know that you'll be back stronger next time. People didn't drive out there to see you lose but at least acknowledge the crowd after the fight and let them know you appreciate their support win/lose/draw.

Maybe I'm alone in thinking that but it felt a bit classless to me.
Yup. I hated when Forrest did it both times and I hated Chiesa doing it. Phone Post
7/28/13 1:05 PM
Santino DeFranco
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no idea what was going through his head at the time, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was that upset at himself because he tapped with 1 second left in the round.
7/28/13 1:08 PM
HandsomeTopTeam
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Michael did it because he was soo pissed that he tapped with half a second till the round ended. Ouch! That hurt more than any punch or submission.
7/28/13 1:10 PM
Rudi

He apoligized. Cant imagine how it feels to tap in the last second in front of his home crowd. Phone Post
7/28/13 1:25 PM
Happiness Bunny
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Santino DeFranco - I have no idea what was going through his head at the time, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was that upset at himself because he tapped with 1 second left in the round.

Pretty much this.

Most people who are giving the guy crap about this have never been choked. My girlfriend felt really sorry for Chiesa.

I was more pissed at him for cutting his hair. hehe
7/28/13 1:39 PM
Tubarao

yeah it annoyed me also. Take your loss like a fucking man. I am surprised he wasn't ordered back to the cage. Phone Post
7/28/13 1:42 PM
CRE
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiesa disrespected himself more than Masvidal.
7/28/13 1:47 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't be too hard on him. He just lost for the first time at home. The emotions and embarrassment and all that is probably crazy Phone Post
7/28/13 1:50 PM
TuLegit

I'd like to see any of you deal with that situation much better. Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 1:57 PM
Tubarao

TuLegit - I'd like to see any of you deal with that situation much better. Phone Post 3.0
i believe the majority of people would have stayed... just my opinion. Phone Post
7/28/13 2:01 PM
Kentpaul
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forrest running out of the cage was worse IMO
7/28/13 2:02 PM
BuddyRevell
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tubarao - 
TuLegit - I'd like to see any of you deal with that situation much better. Phone Post 3.0
i believe the majority of people would have stayed... just my opinion. Phone Post

Agreed. The majority of fighters stay, win or lose. 

7/28/13 2:08 PM
Bootsy Collins
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tubarao -  yeah it annoyed me also. Take your loss like a fucking man. I am surprised he wasn't ordered back to the cage. Phone Post

'Take your loss like a man!' said the anonymous keyboard warrior to the pro fighter
7/28/13 2:14 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was probably the fact that he panicked and tapped with 1 second left. If he was more aware he would have held off and been there for the next round. He apologized on Twitter afterwards.

Sometimes emotion gets the better of people, just for most of us, we don't have a couple of million people watching us fuck up.
7/28/13 2:30 PM
raf_269
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tapping out one second away from the end of the round must obviously adds a little more sting to the loss. And it being in your home state has to suck. I think emotions just got the best of Chiesa. Still wish he had the composure to stay...but it happens.
7/28/13 3:04 PM
Tubarao

raf_269 - Tapping out one second away from the end of the round must obviously adds a little more sting to the loss. And it being in your home state has to suck. I think emotions just got the best of Chiesa. Still wish he had the composure to stay...but it happens.
this Phone Post
7/28/13 3:35 PM
GSP24

He wasn't going to pass out. He panicked cause he was fading and afterwards realized he tapped right before the horn. Plus he had most of his family and friends there.

Shitty for him cause it would have been even going into the 3rd.

I'm sure dfw pulled him aside and told him not to run out like that again. Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 3:37 PM
Gator Choke
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/28/13 3:39 PM
Pull No Punches Media, Host/Ring Announcer
Santino DeFranco - I have no idea what was going through his head at the time, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was that upset at himself because he tapped with 1 second left in the round.

This. He posted on Twitter that losing with one second left was a hard pill to swallow and apologized for being a poor sport. Chiesa's a class act by nature, so I'm going to chalk this one off to disappointment because of the time left when he tapped, the fact that he was in front of his home state fans and that the fight was very much a winnable one for him heading in to the third round. Had he lasted one second longer, the third round would have plausibly been the payoff round.

7/28/13 3:41 PM
Gator Choke
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That being said, he showed a lot in that fight. Chiesa's still a pup in this sport. Masvidal has been around the block and fought some of the best of the best. Chiesa was hanging with him, and doing well for himself. Losses make one grow, and Mike will as a result of this. While anyone with a competitive bone in them hates losing, eventually the haze of the loss will come off and he'll see he has plenty to be happy with and grow from.

7/28/13 3:53 PM
Chaelismyhero

At least he showed how he really felt instead of being fake and shaking hands and saying "good fight" or whatever to Jorge.

I don't really have a problem with it.

7/28/13 4:09 PM
MDubz

The guy is fuckin terrible. It's cringe worthy when they say he's a TUF winner and you see his terrible striking. They need minor leagues, you'd never see a guy with piss poor attributes in any of the other majors. Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 4:10 PM
Gator Choke

Chaelismyhero - At least he showed how he really felt instead of being fake and shaking hands and saying "good fight" or whatever to Jorge.

I don't really have a problem with it.

He later Tweeted Masvidal and told him he was honored to share the Octagon with him, and that he had been a long follower of Gamebred's career. It was all spur of the moment emotion kicking in.

7/28/13 4:11 PM
diaz 125

youre an entitled dork ts
7/28/13 4:12 PM
Vote Ups for Zimmerman

he was very hurt over the herpes on beard comment

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.