UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Tito returning? Who gives a $#!*

7/28/13 8:56 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

38-year-old UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz retired following a Fight of the Night winning loss to Forrest Griffin on July 7, 2012 at UFC 148. Earlier this month Ortiz indicated he was interested in fighting again, notably letting both the UFC and Bellator parent company Viacom know about it, via Twitter.

Tito Ortiz ‏@titoortiz
•Fighting is starting to sound fun again. ??????#Peopleschamp #comeback #Positive body is almost healed. @Punishment99 @ufc @Viacom @MTV @espn
•Come backs are always the best test! Live life to the fullest. #Positive

•Nice 2be a free agent.Need 2make a big decision 4my future 4my kids future. Nice 2 have a great surrounding and 2be healthy.#Positive 7yrs
•Don't count your chickens before they hatch! Damn time to look else where. #Positive
•First step too my future. #positive
http://t.co/aVE8eDSsJA
•The final tweet was deleted, and included an image of the doormat at Bellator's corporate offices, which reads 5000 Birch. The Newport Beach, California address is near Ortiz's home. Bellator recently signed Tito's longtime friend Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson.

UFC president Dana White offered a characteristically blunt response.

"Who gives a s--t?" White said.

"Tito's lost every fight he's had for the last three years or something? He won one fight in the last three years against Ryan Bader. Tito hung in there and made some more money. He was a guy who was around in the early days. It's time for Tito to move on."

"Tito's going to have to do whatever Tito's going to have to do. Tito is the guy who back in the early days was like, 'I'm going to retire young from this sport. I'm going to become an actor, and my Punishment Athletics line is going through the roof. I'm not going to be that guy who hangs around the sport.' Does anybody remember all that s---?

"Now Tito's like, 'Yeah, I think I'm going to come back. I haven't won a fight in three years, and I'm old.' Obviously, Tito needs money. That's the only reason he would come back."

Read entire article...

7/28/13 9:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito vs Franklin @ 205 Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 9:18 PM
Ip Man 81

Tito vs Bonnar @ 205 Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 9:18 PM
falsecrack
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thank you cpt obvious

7/28/13 9:20 PM
Ip Man 81

Tito vs Wanderlei @ 205 Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 9:21 PM
Ip Man 81

Tito vs Shogun @ 205 Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 9:22 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 - Tito vs Wanderlei @ 205 Phone Post 3.0

I'm sure wand would love the possibility of revenge.
Ip Man 81

Tito vs Vitor @ 205 Phone Post 3.0
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Tito comes back it's either in Bellator or One Fc Phone Post
7/28/13 9:24 PM
Ip Man 81

Tito vs Dana @ 265 Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 9:24 PM
Ip Man 81

UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode -

I actually wouldn't mind seeing that one. Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 9:26 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Fuck man.. could Dana be more of a cunt to Tito? I hate tito, but I cant bash a dude for returning to what he loves. 

7/28/13 9:26 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode -

I actually wouldn't mind seeing that one. Phone Post 3.0
I'd watch for sure Phone Post
7/28/13 9:27 PM
Ip Man 81

Tito vs Hendo @ 205 Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 9:28 PM
Hurt Bottom

a "masters division" would do these guys well that retire with some left in the tank
7/28/13 9:30 PM
UGCTT_Pariah

I'd like to see Tito come back again.. Never been a huge fan of anything, but I like watching his fights. I think him facing Bonnar or Wanderlei would be a fun fight, or maybe give him a few fights in Bellator. Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 9:31 PM
aka_rtotheoh

tito vs king mo Phone Post
7/28/13 9:33 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/28/13 9:35 PM
I just don't see why, even now, Dana has to talk so much negative shit about the fighters that made this sport great and made Dana rich. At the end of the day he's just a loud mouthed promoter who never had what it takes to fight.

Why can't he just say he wishes Tito the best and leave it at that ?

Why does he have to rag on him, his desires, his ideas, and his desire to make himself some money doing what he loves ? Just so sick of someone like Dana, a shit talking LYING promoter talking massive shit about the guys who put it on the line and bleed for a living while he talks shit, deceives, and lies at every turn.

Tito is not in the UFC anymore. Why does Dana care or need to talk shit now that they parted ways ? Just shut your fat face up already, good grief.
colubrid1

With the kinda shows they put on like the other night on Fox.. UFC could use Tito for some more interesting matchups. Pretty lame for DFW to say what he did after last nights show on Fox.
TheFaintingGOATClownedAwayMySN
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RockMeAmadeus - Tito could have kept his legacy intact if he only retired in 2007 instead of racking up more than half a dozen straight losses before he retired in 2012.

poor tito. what's the point of fighting and losing now?

Does he need money? Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 9:34 PM
Bentleysuper8

Whatever it is it's going to be Tito vs someone who's not currently in the UFC.
7/28/13 9:34 PM
Elhoffo
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom -

Fuck man.. could Dana be more of a cunt to Tito? I hate tito, but I cant bash a dude for returning to what he loves. 

This!! Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 9:35 PM
Pittshady
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't mind watching him fight again. Phone Post 3.0
7/28/13 9:36 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RockMeAmadeus - Tito could have kept his legacy intact if he only retired in 2007 instead of racking up more than half a dozen straight losses before he retired in 2012.

poor tito. what's the point of fighting and losing now?

It's called making money. Some people need it to live.
7/28/13 9:37 PM
Ip Man 81

SKARHEAD - I just don't see why, even now, Dana has to talk so much negative shit about the fighters that made this sport great and made Dana rich. At the end of the day he's just a loud mouthed promoter who never had what it takes to fight.

Why can't he just say he wishes Tito the best and leave it at that ?

Why does he have to rag on him, his desires, his ideas, and his desire to make himself some money doing what he loves ? Just so sick of someone like Dana, a shit talking LYING promoter talking massive shit about the guys who put it on the line and bleed for a living while he talks shit, deceives, and lies at every turn.

Tito is not in the UFC anymore. Why does Dana care or need to talk shit now that they parted ways ? Just shut your fat face up already, good grief.
Well Tito did go and post pics and stuff up on twitter hinting a move to Bellator upon return, whether its true or not. Sooo after spending his career with the UFC and becoming famous and rich off the UFC, why post shit like that? That's him basically shitting on the UFC, so I don't see where Dana is at fault. If Tito is gunna play that game why can't Dana? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.