UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: Only diehards want Cyborg fight

7/28/13 11:56 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I have a lot of things going on,” Rousey said. “She’s fighting random chicks. I mean, Marloes -- it took her longer and more energy to beat Marloes than it took Miesha (in July 2011).

“It’s only the MMA diehards that want to see that fight. I have so many things going on. If she really wants to make that fight happen, I’m here.”

UFC president Dana White told reporters he has had no recent contact with Justino or her manager, former UFC light heavyweight Tito Ortiz.

“I have not heard from her manager,” White said. “I have not seen any press conferences. So, I don’t know. I don’t know what’s going on with Cyborg.”

read entire article...

7/28/13 11:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/28/13 11:59 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this shit is getting old

7/29/13 12:06 AM
in_different
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Cyborg is saying she is up for a catchweight. Ronda is saying she is satisfied with her position and if Cyborg wants the fight, she can meet her in 135 in the UFC.

The only way to get the fight to happen is enough interest in the bout that fans get the UFC's attention. Personally, I have little interest in the fight anymore. Although I think Cyborg would beat Rhonda up
7/29/13 12:09 AM
mark of the wolf
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, by diehard you mean fans who know you ran to 135 because Cris would,could and likely someday beat the snot outta you? Lets be real folks,Ronda does not want this fight nor does Dana.
7/29/13 12:37 AM
jason73
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cyborg isnt even in the ufc. its not gonna happen
7/29/13 12:46 AM
Gator Choke
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pull No Punches Media, Host/Ring Announcer
mark of the wolf - So, by diehard you mean fans who know you ran to 135 because Cris would,could and likely someday beat the snot outta you? Lets be real folks,Ronda does not want this fight nor does Dana.

VTFU... Couldn't agree more.

7/29/13 12:49 AM
Silverball
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carano vs Cyborg ratings peaked at 856,000 for the main event on Showtime

Tate vs Rousey ratings peaked at 604,000 for the main event on Showtime

7/29/13 1:11 AM
danggook
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BruceLeeP4P - Cyborg beats ronda viscously if they fight .. that said ..

I would put my gas nozzle in honda anyday ..

If you know what i mean
No I don't know what you mean, but I am intrigued.

Very very intrigued. Phone Post
7/29/13 1:23 AM
jerdney

mark of the wolf - So, by diehard you mean fans who know you ran to 135 because Cris would,could and likely someday beat the snot outta you? Lets be real folks,Ronda does not want this fight nor does Dana.
Suck it Phone Post
7/29/13 1:24 AM
Goonies Top Team

mark of the wolf - So, by diehard you mean fans who know you ran to 135 because Cris would,could and likely someday beat the snot outta you? Lets be real folks,Ronda does not want this fight nor does Dana.
. Phone Post 3.0
7/29/13 1:25 AM
jerdney

Silverball - Carano vs Cyborg ratings peaked at 856,000 for the main event on Showtime

That's not a fair comparison. How many views did strike force actually get? Phone Post
7/29/13 1:30 AM
falsecrack
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jerdney - 
Silverball - Carano vs Cyborg ratings peaked at 856,000 for the main event on Showtime

That's not a fair comparison. How many views did strike force actually get? Phone Post

Carano vs roused would've been at least a mil

7/29/13 1:46 AM
Happiness Bunny
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RockMeAmadeus - Olympian > Steriod Abuser

Olympians never use steroids.. ever!
7/29/13 1:50 AM
Chris Weidened My Sphincter
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To the people saying Ronda is ducking, what do you want her do?? Leave the UFC and go fight in Invicta. People act as if its on Ronda to make the fight. Typical ignorant mma fans. Is Ronda a promoter? What is she supposed to do? Cyborg had a contract on the table with Zuffa. She didn't sign, thus blowing her chance at facing Ronda.

Dana said that he'd pay Cyborg's wages in Invicta, and work our the weight issues with her and Ronda down the track. Cyborg is the one that ducked, not Ronda. Phone Post 3.0
7/29/13 2:01 AM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happiness Bunny - 
RockMeAmadeus - Olympian > Steriod Abuser

Olympians never use steroids.. ever!

they never deny it either

7/29/13 2:04 AM
PanRoastedJinx
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silverball - Carano vs Cyborg ratings peaked at 856,000 for the main event on Showtime

Largely in part to Gina being one of the sexiest wiminz on the planet.
7/29/13 2:10 AM
beerbelly
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's scared, in her mind doesn't want it. Its gone be hard for Cyborg to get to 135, but of she does, Rhonda is getting hurt. Phone Post
7/29/13 2:20 AM
Emperor Nero

everyone knows that ronda and cyborg are worlds apart. honestly i think a lot of talk on both sides are just empty promises, not one truth, and they should burn the lies, before dishonor. despite each sides perseverance pushing for this fight it probably is only relevant to those as diehard as they come and if they do prepare for war only one will give wings to their triumph. whats most important to remember is that honor never dies.
7/29/13 2:33 AM
JerodR
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Weidened My Sphincter - To the people saying Ronda is ducking, what do you want her do?? Leave the UFC and go fight in Invicta. People act as if its on Ronda to make the fight. Typical ignorant mma fans. Is Ronda a promoter? What is she supposed to do? Cyborg had a contract on the table with Zuffa. She didn't sign, thus blowing her chance at facing Ronda.

Dana said that he'd pay Cyborg's wages in Invicta, and work our the weight issues with her and Ronda down the track. Cyborg is the one that ducked, not Ronda. Phone Post 3.0
Reasoning and logic have no place on the UG! Phone Post 3.0
7/29/13 2:49 AM
marqueemoon
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Emperor Nero - everyone knows that ronda and cyborg are worlds apart. honestly i think a lot of talk on both sides are just empty promises, not one truth, and they should burn the lies, before dishonor. despite each sides perseverance pushing for this fight it probably is only relevant to those as diehard as they come and if they do prepare for war only one will give wings to their triumph. whats most important to remember is that honor never dies.

wat you did there... i see it.
7/29/13 4:35 AM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No reason for Cyborg to drop down in weight.

The majority of her skill doesn't come from a needle either. She's tough and aggressive and very good at muay thai. She trained with Chute Boxe as a little girl. She's always trained like a beast.

Rumor has it her trainer was feeding her banned substances, and without personally being there, and without past use history I believe it. I think she has a hardcore work ethic most women posing around in skimpy sports bras don't posses.
7/29/13 5:09 AM
ZOMG

Im not sure it's fair to ask for a catchweight. I mean win or lose, ronda is having to fight heavy, then cut back down to defend her 135 belt, and for what? She is already making million$, shes on top of the world (and my johnson), and SHE doesn't have a rep as a PED user.

If Cyborg really wants to fight her, she should drop 10lbs of muscle and fight in the UFC @135. Seriously, with all of that weight lifting, which has been well documented, she could easily drop 10lbs of muscle. And her UFC drawing power would make her a fortune, so why stay at 145 in a 2nd rate org?

Ronda has a point, Tate put Marloes down faster and we all know what Ronda did to Tate. Ronda takes 9/10 vs Cyborg, skill and strength beats strength. Ronda is big for 135 and she has gymnast level power, some people still don't know this.
7/29/13 5:12 AM
ChaosOverkill
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda and Dana

7/29/13 5:14 AM
FeardBucker
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

falsecrack -
jerdney - 

Carano vs roused would've been at least a mil

My thought is Carano was the draw at that time.... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.