UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: MacDonald put on a great fight

7/29/13 11:55 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Georges St-Pierre concedes that Rory MacDonald is a friend, but says that the criticism of 'Ares' following his fight with Jake Ellenberger is unwarranted.

"I believe it was a great fight," St-Pierre said at the UFC World Tour 2013's Monday stop in Las Vegas. "I texted Rory and said it was a great fight. He stuffed a very, very dangerous opponent in Jake Ellenberger. A lot of people give him criticism, but the truth is – and it's not only because Rory is my friend and training partner – the truth is we all knew by watching the fight Rory was winning that fight.

"He was doing well. He was beating Jake Ellenberger. It was up to Jake to take a risk to change the momentum of that fight. If you're winning the fight, if you're doing well and winning, it is up to your opponent to change the momentum and to capitalize. Everyone knew he was losing the fight."

"For someone that knows fighting, I believe it was a great fight. On the other side, for Jake, I don't believe it was a great fight for Jake. I believe Jake should have done something to try to change the momentum. he did at the end, but it was too late.

"I think Rory did a great fight. You don't brawl with a brawler, and I think he did a very good fight, very smart. He shut down Jake Ellenberger. Not only did he shut down a very, very dangerous opponent, he made it look relatively easy."

"I don't care what people say. That's what I believe."

Read entire article...

7/30/13 12:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kerouac
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's right...not Rory's fault that Jake couldn't throw a punch or attempt a takedown. Well, i guess it is Rory's fault, but you get my drift right Crooklyn?!
7/30/13 12:29 AM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/30/13 12:30 AM
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG News, feel free to use my picture for this article.

7/30/13 12:36 AM
Brabatross

Everything he said is true. Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 12:41 AM
Bucephalus

George sounds like he is defending his lover. He comes across like they used to live together or something.
7/30/13 12:44 AM
Bucephalus

Brabatross - Everything he said is true. Phone Post 3.0

And you know what else is true? The opposite of true isn't necessarily false. It can be another truth. Amazing, eh? GSP can fluff Rory while the rest of the world - including the paying fans and the president of the UFC - continue to shake their heads and look forward to watching someone else fight.
7/30/13 12:48 AM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is why boxers laugh at us.. He displayed an incomplete skillset. Good enough for MMA, good enough to get to the top 10 as a matter of fact. But MMA fighters have a long way to go making full use of the boxing skillset.
7/30/13 12:51 AM
Rev Horror

Eater of Sacred Cows, Pwner

Shocking coming from the human finishing machine, known for ending fights and only begrudgingly (no spell check SON!) going the distance when faced with a world class opponent.

7/30/13 12:52 AM

Does GSP not even remember what he was like as a hungry fighter?

7/30/13 1:36 AM
Mexican Janitor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always read his quotes with his broken down English and french accent in mind Phone Post
7/30/13 1:41 AM
Kerouac

Mexican Janitor -  I always read his quotes with his broken down English and french accent in mind Phone Post

I always read your posts in broken hick with a touch of spain.
7/30/13 1:43 AM
Il Duce
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, he really said that. Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 1:46 AM
Mexican Janitor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kerouac -
Mexican Janitor -  I always read his quotes with his broken down English and french accent in mind Phone Post

I always read your posts in broken hick with a touch of spain.
Way off the mark but keep fantasizing Phone Post
7/30/13 1:46 AM
jiujitsu111

*yawn* Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 1:52 AM
t G G t
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think GSP could just err on the side of: that fight fuckin sucked. If it was actually somewhat entertaining, he obviously wouldn't feel the need to make a public statement about it lol Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 1:53 AM
Brabatross

Bucephalus -

And you know what else is true? The opposite of true isn't necessarily false. It can be another truth. Amazing, eh? GSP can fluff Rory while the rest of the world - including the paying fans and the president of the UFC - continue to shake their heads and look forward to watching someone else fight.
Cool story, bro. Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 1:58 AM
Kerouac

Bucephalus - 

Yeh, Rory's really boring fights against BJ, Condit, Guymon, Diaz, Che and Pyle should have made you a hater a long time ago.

One fight where his opponent didn't try anything dictates what Rory's going to do for the rest of his career.

The fuck is wrong with you moron?
7/30/13 2:04 AM
Oontyex
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kerouac -
Bucephalus - 

Yeh, Rory's really boring fights against BJ, Condit, Guymon, Diaz, Che and Pyle should have made you a hater a long time ago.

One fight where his opponent didn't try anything dictates what Rory's going to do for the rest of his career.

That's like saying 'because there was good stuff on tv last week. staring at my broken tv today was super awesome' Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 2:08 AM
WickedWyatt234

Things only GSP would say! Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 2:09 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe people still cheer for GSP. No one deserves to lose their title more at this point with his pointfighting attitude. I'm ashamed that I was once a nuthugger of this guy who spits on the whole point of martial arts and further perpetuates it's distortion with his pointfighting attitude.
7/30/13 2:12 AM
Kerouac

Oontyex - 
Kerouac -
Bucephalus - 

That's like saying 'because there was good stuff on tv last week. staring at my broken tv today was super awesome' Phone Post 3.0

so 1 time dictates his whole career so far?

You guys aren't fans at all. Go watch wrestling again.
7/30/13 2:20 AM
Kerouac

Chiron - I can't believe people still cheer for GSP. No one deserves to lose their title more at this point with his pointfighting attitude. I'm ashamed that I was once a nuthugger of this guy who spits on the whole point of martial arts and further perpetuates it's distortion with his pointfighting attitude.

Aren't most martial arts forms of self defense?

Anyway, ask Condit if GSP is just a point fighter...ask most of the people he's dominated ( almost everyone he's fought ) .

Yes, dominated almost everyone he's fought.

7/30/13 2:29 AM
Mike Litoris
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiron - I can't believe people still cheer for GSP. No one deserves to lose their title more at this point with his pointfighting attitude. I'm ashamed that I was once a nuthugger of this guy who spits on the whole point of martial arts and further perpetuates it's distortion with his pointfighting attitude.

Lol no

7/30/13 2:32 AM
t G G t
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kerouac -
Oontyex - 
Kerouac -
Bucephalus - 

so 1 time dictates his whole career so far?

You guys aren't fans at all. Go watch wrestling again.
Bro, the fight sucked... it's okay. You want a hug? Come over hea Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.