UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks: My goal is to break someone's jaw

7/30/13 12:01 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Going into his world title fight with Georges St-Pierre, Johny Hendricks won't be satisfied with just a win, he wants to make a statement versus the most dominant welterweight champion of all-time:

While St-Pierre's jab is an incredible weapon, as well, Hendricks thinks it will pale in comparison to his power punches.

"I will bite on my mouthpiece and eat a jab to land a right or a left hand on his jaw line," Hendricks said. "That's the difference. Punch me in the face, I'll punch you twice as hard.

"When I'm in there, my goal is to break someone's jaw. Let them forget who they are that night. Let them wake up the next morning and go, 'What the hell happened?' That's my goal every fight."

Like Weidman, who shocked the world with his knockout win over Silva, Hendricks believes his attitude will prove another strength. He respects St-Pierre, a man who is certain to be a UFC Hall of Famer and may very well be the greatest welterweight of all time. But "Bigg Rigg" has no fear of the French-Canadian champ.

"Give 'em respect because they have the belt, but he's just a person," Hendricks said of St-Pierre. "I can beat anybody at any given time, and that's sort of the mentality that you've got to have when you're facing somebody with the belt.

read entire article...

7/30/13 12:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UK Asylum
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the sort of talk you wanna hear from a title challenger.
7/30/13 12:08 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should break your own. Your not going to live up to your own hype. Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 12:09 AM
Kerouac

UK Asylum - This is the sort of talk you wanna hear from a title challenger.

This^

GSP nuthugger here and I cannot wait for this fight. Hope he follows through and doesn't freeze up like KOS, Hardy, Diaz and Shields.
7/30/13 12:10 AM
McNutt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever - Should break your own. Your not going to live up to your own hype. Phone Post 3.0
He's already lived up to his hype, he's an extremely talented fighter with unbelievable knockout power Phone Post
7/30/13 12:11 AM
da Vinci 81
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if koscheck had that same mentality of take one to land one? A broken orbital and months on the shelf later showed that wasn't the best strategy for him. Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 12:13 AM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/30/13 12:14 AM

As a Canadian fan of MMA, I would like nothing more than for the WW title to change hands. I'm bored of George Sport Pierre.. I like "FIGHTERS" not "winning the sporting event by exploiting the rules" athletes.

Go Hendricks....

Use this to visualize;

7/30/13 12:16 AM
da Vinci 81
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not rooting for Hendricks but a wrestler whose fallen in love with his standup is about the worst mentality to have going in against gsp. Hughes, Fitch, kos, all wanted to beat him on the feet and got schooled because of it. Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 12:17 AM
rustyshakleford
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like his intensity , and I know it's fighting , but jeez . Really? Breaking someone's job so that they can't work and they can have their jaw wired,,,,????
Seems a little much Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 12:22 AM
DoomFarmer

da Vinci 81 - I'm not rooting for Hendricks but a wrestler whose fallen in love with his standup is about the worst mentality to have going in against gsp. Hughes, Fitch, kos, all wanted to beat him on the feet and got schooled because of it. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly this.
7/30/13 12:29 AM
McCorkledbyMartialArtsMixed
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rustyshakleford - I like his intensity , and I know it's fighting , but jeez . Really? Breaking someone's job so that they can't work and they can have their jaw wired,,,,????

It's a toned down version of the "I'm trying to kill my opponent" routine
7/30/13 12:30 AM
Vote Ups for Zimmerman

"a wrestler who has fallen in love with his standup"

Half of his last 4 fights he KO'd the other guy in less than 2 mins. his fight against Condit he dumped him on his ass many, many times.

7/30/13 12:32 AM
rustyshakleford
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McCorkledbyMartialArtsMixed -
rustyshakleford - I like his intensity , and I know it's fighting , but jeez . Really? Breaking someone's job so that they can't work and they can have their jaw wired,,,,????

It's a toned down version of the "I'm trying to kill my opponent" routine
True, true..... Just sounded a little extreme ....... Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 12:34 AM
Ozzabong

Kerouac -

This^

GSP nuthugger here and I cannot wait for this fight. Hope he follows through and doesn't freeze up like KOS, Hardy, Diaz and Shields.
They don't freeze up sonn they get dominated!!! Theirs a huge difference Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 12:34 AM
PrettyBoy
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UK Asylum - This is the sort of talk you wanna hear from a title challenger.
Agreed. You can't take the title unless you are 100% confident in your abilities. Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 12:35 AM
TuLegit

Hendricks won't be able to stop gsp and his jab. Hell decision him. Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 12:36 AM
da Vinci 81

Vote Ups for Zimmerman -

Half of his last 4 fights he KO'd the other guy in less than 2 mins. his fight against Condit he dumped him on his ass many, many times.

This is true. Mixing it up with condit was a smart strategy and one that showed he's a real threat if he does the same against gsp.

But there's still no doubt his preferred way to win is by knockout so it will be interesting to see how much he really plans to stand against gsp. Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 12:37 AM
Ozzabong

Vote Ups for Zimmerman -

After he realized he couldn't ko condit that's all he had. Really think he's gonna ko GSP. I don't think so!! GSP will school him whatever way he wants Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 12:54 AM
Kerouac

Ozzabong - 
Kerouac -

This^

They don't freeze up sonn they get dominated!!! Theirs a huge difference Phone Post 3.0

Oh I know...was trying to be diplomatic is all.
7/30/13 1:06 AM
MMALOGIC

let's hope he doesnt pull an ellenberger.

7/30/13 1:12 AM
Rev Horror

Eater of Sacred Cows, Pwner
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever - Should break your own. Your not going to live up to your own hype. Phone Post 3.0

JH has had almost no hype. He's had to scratch his way to this title shot and he earned it.

7/30/13 1:13 AM
Rev Horror

Hendricks by superior wrestling.

Don't worry, I'll be taking bets 2 weeks before. This time without any gray areas.

7/30/13 1:21 AM
Live in Vegas
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My goal is to raise my children to be responsible adults, and to positively impact the people in my life.

I guess breaking someone's jaw is a good fall back on that.
7/30/13 1:25 AM
Rev Horror

Live in Vegas - My goal is to raise my children to be responsible adults, and to positively impact the people in my life.

I guess breaking someone's jaw is a good fall back on that.

Sometimes you gotta break a few eggs...

7/30/13 1:53 AM
MDubz

You guys need to get off this shitty Hendricks train, he has 3 KOs in his career and now he's the second coming of Tyson? He couldn't ko Condit and let's be honest, Condit deserved to win that fight. Gsp will litterly make this southern 'Merican hillbilly hick shit through a colostomy bag when he's done with him. How many times has Hendricks made a legend throw in the towel? That's what I thought, fuck you guys who say gsp will lose to this second tier one trick pony. Time to face reality. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.