UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones vs. Gustafsson staredown pic (pic)

7/30/13 2:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From today:

7/30/13 2:55 PM
OGTT_Darth YOLO
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gus KO 3rd

7/30/13 2:58 PM
cdnz0mbieopc
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is he rockin a jheri kurl?
7/30/13 3:02 PM
AlbertEinstein
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finally someone the same size as Jones. Should be good. Phone Post
7/30/13 3:02 PM
HandyDarsh
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cdnz0mbieopc - is he rockin a jheri kurl?

rocking the kurl w/fade?

interesting choice...

jones  2nd rnd sub

7/30/13 3:03 PM
Stea1th

Should be a great fight Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 3:06 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlbertEinstein - Finally someone the same size as Jones. Should be good. Phone Post
A big guy with legit skills, should be awesome. I expect Jones to rise to the challenge though. Phone Post
7/30/13 3:08 PM
Tat2tillidie
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
AlbertEinstein - Finally someone the same size as Jones. Should be good. Phone Post
A big guy with legit skills, should be awesome. I expect Jones to rise to the challenge though. Phone Post
Most likely will cause he's so talented and and knows how to use his reach better than AG ... Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 3:10 PM
Raxbot
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I'm hoping for Gus to pull of a grinding TKO, I expect Jones to submit him.
7/30/13 3:13 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tat2tillidie - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
Most likely will cause he's so talented and and knows how to use his reach better than AG ... Phone Post 3.0

Why do people think the reach adv isn't still huge? He's the same height as Jones or maybe an inch taller but Jones is still going to have an 8in reach advantage 

7/30/13 3:22 PM
Stea1th

Jones by sub Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 3:35 PM
ChrisAllen
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup Ali -
Tat2tillidie - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

Why do people think the reach adv isn't still huge? He's the same height as Jones or maybe an inch taller but Jones is still going to have an 8in reach advantage 

Wasn't there a discussion about this before and his "reach advantage" is actually his wingspan that the UFC measures due to freakishly long fingers. His actual punching reach advantage was very minimal IIRC. Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 3:38 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChrisAllen - 
Pancake Syrup Ali -
Tat2tillidie - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

Wasn't there a discussion about this before and his "reach advantage" is actually his wingspan that the UFC measures due to freakishly long fingers. His actual punching reach advantage was very minimal IIRC. Phone Post 3.0

If that's true i had no clue about it. Thanks

7/30/13 3:42 PM
Kostakio
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OGTT_Darth YOLO -

Gus KO 3rd

First, imo. Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 3:57 PM
snobordr
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup Ali - 
Tat2tillidie - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

Next to Jones, everyone else is all like....

7/30/13 3:59 PM
Phisher

ChrisAllen - 
Pancake Syrup Ali -
Tat2tillidie - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

Gustafsson has said that his arms don't seem that much shorter than Jones' when they've compared them in person and that his wingspan measurement is about as accurate as Shane Carwin's original listed height, but the MMA smarks on the internet seem to know better. 

7/30/13 4:01 PM
Phisher

Edited: 07/30/13 4:01 PM

This picture was posted in the last thread on this topic:

Gustafsson's reach is supposedly only two inches long than Fedor's.

You people really think that 76.5" figure is accurate?

7/30/13 4:05 PM
Eric Bloodaxe
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll pull for Gustafsson, but I doubt it will be close at all. I see an easy win for Jones within 2-3 rounds.

7/30/13 4:08 PM
T Bag

Gus is athletically overmatched here. He's going to be out away within 3 rounds Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 4:13 PM
athsportsnutrition
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All Natural Fuel for Warriors
Looking forward to it Phone Post
7/30/13 4:14 PM
OMA (tm)

TTT for more info. Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 4:30 PM
tonytr

After that press conference I'm convinced the majority of MMA fans are morons. They know Jon is a nice guy and they've seen how great he is in the cage...yet they still boo him.
7/30/13 4:45 PM
DoomFarmer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least Jones has enough about himself to look his opponent in the eyes now.
7/30/13 4:46 PM
Periodik

Can't wait for this. Loving watching these two fight. Awesome that we have a young champion in his prime against a young contender in his prime Phone Post
7/30/13 4:55 PM
DyldoWilly

Jones by HEAD KICK KO!!!!!!!! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.